Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cris Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes

Just bumped into the promo while surfing channels. Seems like a huge enough fight. Not too familiar with either, but after seeing Cyborg and hearing her voice on TV......... I don't know.

Googled her and it turns out I'm not the only one with certain doubts. Can't blame me, really. Not nowadays.

So did Cris use to be Christopher? Honest enough question. If so, I feel sorry for Nunes.

It's not like there's not a precedent on this already. Didn't some woman get severely injured and beaten up by a trans MMA opponent who used to be in the military?

In any case, I'm rooting for Nunes, while at the same time afraid of her getting badly hurt.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cris Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes

She can be knocked for juice in her drink and White not lavishing her the tall blond and tan tag but she can legitimately stack cans and contenders at the top ufc. But it's jumping a shark to compare to the Fox stuff Tito come on. I heard her speak . White actually shat all over her with the 'looks and steroids' stuff early on, really sabotaged own promotion..but here she is in top ufc event. Nunes has earned her spot too and battle for Brazil. If you want hot look at her girlfriend. Nunes tore a hole in Rousey and both are tough chicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, you heard her speak. Didn't the voice come out a few octaves lower than you expected when you first heard her? I mean.... I'm not trying to join the pitchforks and torches crowd but..... she's got the rough, chiseled facial features, the gruff masculine voice... and I'm not even mentioning how muscled and cut she looks. Ten years ago, I probably wouldn't be giving this a second thought. But c'mon.... the precedence is there. I'm probably completely wrong, and Cyborg is 100% woman. But you can't blame one for having the slightest of doubt. I still fear for Nunes, TBH.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly bud it's a fantastic match up and one for the history books but you seem to be stuck on something else . I think you're conflating the two on some supposed 'precedence' set by some nobody that actually wasn't and can't even get licensed now. Lets be real..Cyborg may be a brown bagger and make most men shrivel up but she's the real deal and probably the best female in mma history. Voice, body and being shredded etc..all that you're describing have been repeated in many female body builders, power lifters, even boxers and other mma fighters. I've heard far worse tones and interviews by the same. In the worse and repeated scenarios roids show effects and well..she's been popped once or twice but that was then. Honestly the Cyborg innuendo is dated if anything bud . Shit I'm not even some mma fan but the match up should be applauded. Ya'll need it

Edit...don't fear for Nunes she just destroyed her
    Last edited by Spicoli; 12-31-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/u...-second-title/

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!

Not a UFC fan, but I will watch the whole 51 seconds at some point.

Hey I get your point Spicoli, but I'm not gonna apologize for a thought I'm sure thousands of people have already had. You set a precedence, you live with it. It's why we now have to arrive at airports two hours early when in the past we could just stroll into airplanes. Not even comparing the two, so don't go there. Just sayin'........ that one incident with the military guy woman guy whatever should've left a sour taste in everyone's mouth. But ok..... Cyborg has always been a woman. I'm still glad Nunes knocked her out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was hoping for a win by Amanda Nunes (and yes at first I had those same doubts about Cyborg too...) but I was more concerned about the weight difference. What with Cyborg coming from a higher weightclass.

Nunes has a stronger boxing background than Cyborg and it showed. I mean wow!

On a side note, the recent bout between Valentina Schevckenko vs Joanna [Polish name] was good too. Excellent Muay Thai by Schevchenko.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW, the Polish name is Jedrzejczyk.
    Let's not be so lazy on a Sunday evening.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The girl that got knocked out knows zero freaking nothing about throwing punches. She was just swinging her arms. The other girl was only a little bit better but, at least, she threw straight and accurate.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UFC is a big JOKE. The fight was a sham fight. Dana White is pure garbage juice and he may as well call the UFC the Ultimate Sports-Entertainment Championships!

Politics has invaded the UFC- Thrown fight by Cyborg.

PS:

Jon Jones is a drug using cheat and Dana White looks like he is in financial trouble with his UFC brand. No way Jones was supposed to compete, but Dana has NO ONE ELSE TO OFFER other than Jones- A coked out, steroid using cheater.

UFC is a joke. Boxing was NEVER this bad at any time. NEVER!!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!

Hey I get your point Spicoli, but I'm not gonna apologize for a thought I'm sure thousands of people have already had. You set a precedence, you live with it. It's why we now have to arrive at airports two hours early when in the past we could just stroll into airplanes. Not even comparing the two, so don't go there. Just sayin'........ that one incident with the military guy woman guy whatever should've left a sour taste in everyone's mouth. But ok..... Cyborg has always been a woman. I'm still glad Nunes knocked her out.
    So go there but you're not comparing the two. Brilliant. "Precedence" . Honestly brother you're either stuck on the Trans issue or just fugly chicks.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post
    I was hoping for a win by Amanda Nunes (and yes at first I had those same doubts about Cyborg too...) but I was more concerned about the weight difference. What with Cyborg coming from a higher weightclass.

On a side note, the recent bout between Valentina Schevckenko vs Joanna [Polish name] was good too. Excellent Muay Thai by Schevchenko.
    She looked like she walked her right onto those inside hard punches. Brutal finish and surely has to be a rematch. Good for the sport.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!

So go there but you're not comparing the two. Brilliant. "Precedence" . Honestly brother you're either stuck on the Trans issue or just fugly chicks.

Trans frans. Honestly could care less how people choose to muddy the gender waters, but in sports, especially those with violence being the biggest part, I'll always champion the level playing field.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post

She looked like she walked her right onto those inside hard punches. Brutal finish and surely has to be a rematch. Good for the sport.
    Indeed. I mean not that it was a fluke or anything but if Cyborg doesn't get so careless the next time there will surely be a real fight (not what happened on Saturday).

Plus I would rather shag Amanda than Cris.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol. The testing for PEDs may have been or still be way behind in MMA, but the idea that ones gender could be kept a secret or slip through medical testing is on the space is fake level she’s just a very unattractive woman who has spent her life training and taking(further) punishment to her face, and yes likely with some Mexican tacos along the way. That trans person that fought in the ufc wasn’t trying to hide it and naturally wasn’t licenced by a major organization.

Thread Information