Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Joseph Parker-Hughie Fury - April 1st New Zealand.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joseph Parker-Hughie Fury - April 1st New Zealand.

Tyson backed out of two fights with Wlad, Hughie Lewis turned down Wilder, Joshua and now he's binned off Parker.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say @ross can be a willy but the forum is a worse place without him
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Tyson backed out of two fights with Wlad, Hughie Lewis turned down Wilder, Joshua and now he's binned off Parker.
    Tyson Fury timeline
    ◾29 November 2015: Beats Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko to become the WBA, IBF and WBO champion
    ◾8 December 2015: Stripped of his IBF title for failing to fight the mandatory challenger
    ◾24 June 2016: Postpones July's rematch with Klitschko after injuring an ankle in training
    ◾4 August 2016: UK's anti-doping body confirms it charged Fury with a doping offence on 24 June
    ◾23 September 2016: Postpones rematch for a second time because he is "medically unfit"
    ◾3 October: Appears to retire from boxing, tweeting: "I'm the greatest, and I'm also retired." Three hours later he reverses the decision, tweeting he is "here to stay"
    ◾5 October 2016: Reveals he has been taking cocaine to help him deal with depression
    ◾10 October 2016: Given extended deadline to convince the WBO not to strip him of his world heavyweight title
    ◾12 October: BBBofC meeting starts looking at Fury's boxing licence
    ◾12 October: Vacates WBA and WBO titles
    ◾13 October: Licence to box suspended by BBBofC
    ◾6 March 2017: Suggests he could make a comeback on 13 May
    ◾25 April: Says he wants to fight on Billy Joe Saunders-Avtandil Khurtsize undercard
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson Fury timeline
    ◾29 November 2015: Beats Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko to become the WBA, IBF and WBO champion
    ◾8 December 2015: Stripped of his IBF title for failing to fight the mandatory challenger
    ◾24 June 2016: Postpones July's rematch with Klitschko after injuring an ankle in training
    ◾4 August 2016: UK's anti-doping body confirms it charged Fury with a doping offence on 24 June
    ◾23 September 2016: Postpones rematch for a second time because he is "medically unfit"
    ◾3 October: Appears to retire from boxing, tweeting: "I'm the greatest, and I'm also retired." Three hours later he reverses the decision, tweeting he is "here to stay"
    ◾5 October 2016: Reveals he has been taking cocaine to help him deal with depression
    ◾10 October 2016: Given extended deadline to convince the WBO not to strip him of his world heavyweight title
    ◾25 April: Says he wants to fight on Billy Joe Saunders-Avtandil Khurtsize undercard
    I don't understand . what's your point with you cut and paste? are you agreeing with @Memphis's point or disagreeing?

El Kabong Guest

WOAH.....there's no mention of a Tyson Fury vs Tony Bellew

MEGAFIGHT

....anywhere in there @Master , that's the fight that the PEOPLE want!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't remember him turning down wilder, I've got a vague recollection of something to do with Joshua, wasn't that when his leprosy was playing him up?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson Fury timeline
    I don't understand . what's your point with you cut and paste? are you agreeing with @Memphis's point or disagreeing?
    Agreeing
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I can't remember him turning down wilder, I've got a vague recollection of something to do with Joshua, wasn't that when his leprosy was playing him up?
    It was yeah, when he was still beating better opposition than Joshua at 30%. Wilder they wanted more time, Joshua they wanted more dough.

A tad harsh maybe to put the Wilder and Joshua offers in the same boat as the Parker fight but the pattern is, get offered a great opportunity, turn it down for all manner of reasons.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    It was yeah, when he was still beating better opposition than Joshua at 30%. Wilder they wanted more time, Joshua they wanted more dough.

A tad harsh maybe to put the Wilder and Joshua offers in the same boat as the Parker fight but the pattern is, get offered a great opportunity, turn it down for all manner of reasons.
    It's not harsh putting those examples down at all. A month after Tyson beat Wlad, he was offered a shot at Wilder. Team Fury's reply was along the lines of "we've had a hard couple of months, we just want to relax and have a good Christmas."
    So what's more important? Turkey and getting bladdered or the HW Championship of the World?
    As for Joshua, they wanted more dough. Ok, fine. I want a blowjob from Michelle Keegan but that ain't happening either!
    Hughie Fury has had a very stuttering career, not all his fault, but who the fuck is he and who has he beat to demand bigger money?
    Sometimes you have to take the short end of the wedge , prove your point and then take what you deserve.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks like Razvan Cojanu will be the replacement. The only good thing about that is Parker stays active, doesn't waste all that training and should come out unscathed to hopefully set up a better opponent for July/ August. They should have fought a non title fight against a better opponent or just cancelled and tried to negotiate the Wilder unification for July.

Thread Information