Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ever okay for a man to raise his fists to a woman?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is it ever okay for a man to raise his fists to a woman?

I was out this evening with some friends and after a few drinks a girl at our table raised her arms and showed bruises which she was forced to admit came from her boyfriend. Apparently they were making out after a few drinks and she called out the name of some previous guy she had been intimate with. And so he got pissed off and shook her thus causing the bruises on the arms and apparently also on the back.

Now that to me is violence against a woman. Okay, now she made a mistake by calling some guys name while intimate, but is it ever okay to raise the violence to the level where you are shaking someone and causing bruises to a woman?

I start this thread having been the recipient of violence against mankind myself, but for some reason I have the superhuman ability to absorb my wife's blows and only ever scar when I take the knife to myself.

So what are your views on domestic violence and in particular guys who lose it against women? It seems she is willing to give this creep another free run, but I argue otherwise. What are your views on this issue?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it ever okay for a man to raise his fists to a woman?

There are two occasions when it is perfectly acceptable to raise your fists to a woman, if :-

i) she is being unreasonable

or

ii) she is in the wrong

Not acceptable at any other time
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a guy knock me off a chair in a bar, pinned me to the floor and hand his hand on my throat and pulled his other arm back - not a lot of defence when someone attacks you from behind like that.

Thing is after - I was calm angry - everyone was fussing round me and the only thing I saw was a kitchen knife on the table next to me and him halfway across the room. If they went there asking me if I was ok, I would have stabbed the fucker no question (or at least gone to).

I've not pulled the trigger it but I know I can get angry enough to lash out. I also know if any fella does hit me I'd end up done for murder/manslaughter.

People also ignore the signs....

Most men are bigger/stronger than most women so will do more damage if they hit a woman. Most fellas wouldnt punch a kid or granny in the face so why a woman.

Not really a shocker I think this way.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If she was attacking your family and putting them in danger then you would stand up and knock her out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If she is trying to stab you in the eye yes, unless she is doing so because you have once again raised and or used your fist on her. In which case you should just take your stabbing like a man.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would never hit a woman unless like stated above there where attacking my wife, kids or my life.

but it is totally wrong to hit a woman just because your angry... scum bags do that.

as for that girl shouting out another guys name its, no big deal.... my wife always shouts out another mans name during sex and if i ever find out who that fucker Jesus is, i'll kill him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    I would never hit a woman unless like stated above there where attacking my wife, kids or my life.

but it is totally wrong to hit a woman just because your angry... scum bags do that.

as for that girl shouting out another guys name its, no big deal.... my wife always shouts out another mans name during sex and if i ever find out who that fucker Jesus is, i'll kill him.
    Well with a face like your..... (avatar)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's never appropriate to use violence against anyone unless it's in self-defence or other very extreme circumstances.

As someone whose 4 foot 11 mother was the victim of domestic violence, I find abusers disgusting. My uncle's took care of the guy who did it to her though .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I agree that it is totally wrong. You should just call her a stupid bitch and order her out and then make the choice to never talk again or else forgive, but to cause physical bruises? I think that is quite terrible. I think it is obvious he is only going to do it again, but only she can make the big choices.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is never appropiate to hit a woman but unfortunately it is necessary at times. I am lucky because I have sisters who have served as a deterrent for any females who have even thought about raising their hands against me.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can imagine a situation where a woman is beating you and a slap being given in return being appropriate. I have never done that, but my wife punches as hard as summer rain, you barely feel it. I have always found the best way to deal with a violent female is to simply smash up the rice cooker. Best way to get to an Asian IMO. With western women it is probably the same trashing their burgers and microwave ovens.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've see women who are far more violent than men. The idea that the man they were attacking (sometimes virtual strangers) should not be allowed to chin them is frankly ridiculous.

All situations are different.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they are ugly.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you say to a woman with two Black eyes?

Nothing!! You've already told her twice!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I've see women who are far more violent than men. The idea that the man they were attacking (sometimes virtual strangers) should not be allowed to chin them is frankly ridiculous.

All situations are different.
    It's quite interesting to me how it seems quite acceptable in society for a woman to fly into a rage and hit a man and it is typically ignored. But if a man does the same thing he is automatically the devil.

I agree that neither gender should fly off the handle and deck the other, but I think there are clear double standards.

Men are taught to never hit a woman, but I don't think that line is ever reinforced with women. Still, in this case I don't think it was right for a woman to be bruised up. Anyone leading the attack is an out of control lunatic IMO.

Thread Information