Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hatton still chasing Mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Hatton still chasing Mayweather

Ricky Hatton remains hopeful of fighting American four-weight champion Floyd Mayweather.
    Hatton will attempt to regain his IBF light welterweight crown against Juan Orango on 13 January in the States but could then line up Mayweather.

"It's a fight I would definitely want," Hatton, 28, told BBC Radio Five Live.

"I'm not scared to say he's the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. He has won world titles at different weights. Hopefully we can get it on."

Mayweather's trainer, his uncle Roger Mayweather, told BBC Sport earlier in the year that the fighter was interested in fighting Hatton, although not on his home soil in Manchester.

Hatton has now resolved that issue by securing a deal with TV network HBO to fight in the United States and he will take on Orango in either Las Vegas or Atlantic City next January.

Floyd came in to the ring dressed as Russell Crowe and he ended up fighting like Sheryl Crow

Ricky Hatton

However, this month Mayweather accused Hatton of demanding too much money and Hatton in turn insists that is not the case.

"He says that I've priced myself out of a fight but I wasn't even aware that I've asked for a price because my next two fights are done deals," Hatton told Sportsweek.

The Manchester fighter also suggested Mayweather, who defeated Carlos Baldomir last week to claim the WBC welterweight title, would have to raise his game if the two were to arrange a high-profile meeting in the ring.

"The way Floyd is performing, I don't think he is in a position to be demanding money," said Hatton. "His last two fights have sent me to sleep.

"He is a wonderful talent but his last fight was very boring. They carried him to the ring dressed as Russell Crowe and he ended up fighting like Sheryl Crow."

Mayweather, who remains unbeaten in 37 contests, said he intended to quit after one more fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton still chasing Mayweather

isnt it sad how mayweather thinks he can beat ODH, retire, and go down as the best of all time...

maybe someone will convince him he needs some more big names, and maybe then he will fight a hatton...

i dont see it happening

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC, for that Ice Cold,

The comment about fighting like Sheryl Crow but me chuckle!!

I suppose we should wait and see in regard to a PBF: Hatton fight...depends on how and where each fighter goes in the not too distant future...

If FLoyd steps up in weight again then I wouldnt be too optimistic...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sheryl Crow Hatton comes out with some good ones

Sadly though, i'd bet this fight doesn't ever take place now

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    CC, for that Ice Cold,

I suppose we should wait and see in regard to a PBF: Hatton fight...depends on how and where each fighter goes in the not too distant future...

cc back mate yea i was drinking my tea spat it out after reading that comment lol

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    CC, for that Ice Cold,

cc back mate yea i was drinking my tea spat it out after reading that comment lol
    I read Hattons book a while back that had a few funny lines in it!!

Good little read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Out of all the fights that make sense for Mayweather at this point, Hatton is the one I would most like to see happen.

If he moves up again to fight the likes of Wright, Mosely or Oscar, a loss would not be surprising and in a way not defining, except to say he has an upper limit. Just as Oscar's loss to Hopkins didn't diminish Oscar in my opinion.

Of course, if Mayweather stepped up and beat those folks, it would be different - but not too different. He'd have to be hitting and running in his best known fashion, and he'd not get his props - even though that would be the right way for him to win.

But against Hatton at 140 or 147 or in between ... a defining fight for each fighter. Hatton would pressure him hard, and if Floyd could still hit and run his way to victory, it might not be considered so boring. Floyd would have to score well and still move against Hatton's pressure.

Hatton does get hit, though, by lesser boxers than Floyd. I expect a Hatton loss.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I posted this is WWatts thread but I think this one is more appropiate for it...

Yeah you can get all of the flavor of the months you want, the fight to be made after DLH-PBF is PBF-Hatton imo. Always has been to. I remember, I think it was before Judah even lost to Baldomir, the Ring ran a cover with PBF and Hatton with the title "Forget Judah." It's off and on but in the end I think the fight has to be made. I think a lot of people underestimate Hatton because of the Collazo fight. There's not really the clamoring for that fight like their was before but I beleive once DLH is done away with and Hatton gets a solid victory that the fight will be made late 07 early 08. Maybe that's wishful thinking but I don't see Mayweather as the type of guy to let a big fight slip away.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I posted this is WWatts thread but I think this one is more appropiate for it...

Yeah you can get all of the flavor of the months you want, the fight to be made after DLH-PBF is PBF-Hatton imo. Always has been to. I remember, I think it was before Judah even lost to Baldomir, the Ring ran a cover with PBF and Hatton with the title "Forget Judah." It's off and on but in the end I think the fight has to be made. I think a lot of people underestimate Hatton because of the Collazo fight. There's not really the clamoring for that fight like their was before but I beleive once DLH is done away with and Hatton gets a solid victory that the fight will be made late 07 early 08. Maybe that's wishful thinking but I don't see Mayweather as the type of guy to let a big fight slip away.
    It is a fight that I really do hope can come off at some point...

on a side note, , amat

I havent seen you around here for a long while, good to see you around

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC returned. Won't be here with any sort of regularity but I'm dyin without this place haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton remains hopeful of fighting American four-weight champion Floyd Mayweather.
    Hatton will attempt to regain his IBF light welterweight crown against Juan Orango on 13 January in the States but could then line up Mayweather.

"It's a fight I would definitely want," Hatton, 28, told BBC Radio Five Live.

"I'm not scared to say he's the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. He has won world titles at different weights. Hopefully we can get it on."

Mayweather's trainer, his uncle Roger Mayweather, told BBC Sport earlier in the year that the fighter was interested in fighting Hatton, although not on his home soil in Manchester.

Hatton has now resolved that issue by securing a deal with TV network HBO to fight in the United States and he will take on Orango in either Las Vegas or Atlantic City next January.

Floyd came in to the ring dressed as Russell Crowe and he ended up fighting like Sheryl Crow

Ricky Hatton

However, this month Mayweather accused Hatton of demanding too much money and Hatton in turn insists that is not the case.

"He says that I've priced myself out of a fight but I wasn't even aware that I've asked for a price because my next two fights are done deals," Hatton told Sportsweek.

The Manchester fighter also suggested Mayweather, who defeated Carlos Baldomir last week to claim the WBC welterweight title, would have to raise his game if the two were to arrange a high-profile meeting in the ring.

"The way Floyd is performing, I don't think he is in a position to be demanding money," said Hatton. "His last two fights have sent me to sleep.

"He is a wonderful talent but his last fight was very boring. They carried him to the ring dressed as Russell Crowe and he ended up fighting like Sheryl Crow."

Mayweather, who remains unbeaten in 37 contests, said he intended to quit after one more fight.

This is what I don't understand. Ricky is talking all this shit now, but he's doing nothing about actually trying to make the Floyd fight. He had the WBA welterweight belt, all he had to do was hold on to the belt until Floyd got welterweight belt too, and then we could have a huge unification bout between two undefeated fighters. But then he drops the belt, drops down back to 140, and is chasing his old belts at 140 again? But yet he's still talking shit. Everyone hates on Mayweather but at least doesn't get discouraged by a little competition from naturally bigger guys. Hatton got rocked by Collazo in the 12 round and ran back to light welter with his tail in between his legs. What the fuck?!?! Does Hatton expect to dominate everyone? He fucking won the fight, albeit it was a hard fight, he still won. What is he running for? If he's gonna run, then he should stop talking shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    This is what I don't understand. Ricky is talking all this S*** now, but he's doing nothing about actually trying to make the Floyd fight. He had the WBA welterweight belt, all he had to do was hold on to the belt until Floyd got welterweight belt too, and then we could have a huge unification bout between two undefeated fighters. But then he drops the belt, drops down back to 140, and is chasing his old belts at 140 again? But yet he's still talking S***. Everyone hates on Mayweather but at least doesn't get discouraged by a little competition from naturally bigger guys. Hatton got rocked by Collazo in the 12 round and ran back to light welter with his tail in between his legs. What the F***?!?! Does Hatton expect to dominate everyone? He F****** won the fight, albeit it was a hard fight, he still won. What is he running for? If he's gonna run, then he should stop talking S***.
    Agreed. Very well put.

Don't be talking shit about a man that can compete against bigger men at 147, especially after they run you back down to fighting at 140. Bullshit. Period. Bullshit.

This is boxing...not a mud slinging contest. Quit crying & just man up to the fact that you couldn't do what Floyd did & move on...back down the line.

That Sheryl Crow comment is weak also.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    This is what I don't understand. Ricky is talking all this S*** now, but he's doing nothing about actually trying to make the Floyd fight. He had the WBA welterweight belt, all he had to do was hold on to the belt until Floyd got welterweight belt too, and then we could have a huge unification bout between two undefeated fighters. But then he drops the belt, drops down back to 140, and is chasing his old belts at 140 again? But yet he's still talking S***. Everyone hates on Mayweather but at least doesn't get discouraged by a little competition from naturally bigger guys. Hatton got rocked by Collazo in the 12 round and ran back to light welter with his tail in between his legs. What the F***?!?! Does Hatton expect to dominate everyone? He F****** won the fight, albeit it was a hard fight, he still won. What is he running for? If he's gonna run, then he should stop talking S***.
    Agreed. Very well put.

Don't be talking S*** about a man that can compete against bigger men at 147, especially after they run you back down to fighting at 140. Bullshit. Period. Bullshit.

This is boxing...not a mud slinging contest. Quit crying & just man up to the fact that you couldn't do what Floyd did & move on...back down the line.

it is perhaps weak if Floyd did indeed suffer some hand injury...

Im a Calzaghe fan after all!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Agreed. Very well put.

Don't be talking S*** about a man that can compete against bigger men at 147, especially after they run you back down to fighting at 140. Bullshit. Period. Bullshit.

First of all i do agree that Mayweather is the no1 p4p fighter even though i am not his biggest fan i can admit he is the best nd even though hes stepped up in weight hes still kept his speed so he's still able to outbox A bigger boxer with ease because of the way he fights but hatton does'nt fight in the same way he just goes forward putting pressure on his opoponents so obviously he's gonna find it difficult against bigger guys. And i dont think you can say hatton is running scared of welterweights he just feels more comfortable at L/W no different from morales stepping up getting beaten by Reaheem and moving back down again is it. Nd that sheryl crow comment was funny. Nd last of all im happy to c the mayweather fight happent later in 2007 as i want to c Hatton Castillo get it on cos i think thats got fight of the year written all over it.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaaha

Thread Information