Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Did someone say Marquez-Rios?

Pacquiao vs Marquez: Brandon Rios or a fifth Pacquiao fight next for victorious Marquez? - SBNation.com

I saw it on another thread, then found this article. Wow... I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this would be one hell of a fight. But it would have to happen next for Marquez. JMM is nearly 40 and time waits for no man. I would love nothing more than to see JMM dismantle Rios and knock him out middle or late in the fight. Marquez wouldn't make the mistake of getting into a bar room brawl with Rios like Alvarado did. He'd use his ring generalship and boxing skills to take Rios into the late rounds and then hopefully KO the shit out of him.

But it they're going to wait too long... then forget it. I don't want to see Marquez get beaten by a punk like Rios.

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did someone say Marquez-Rios?

I don't know if a 40-year-old Marquez could avoid brawling with a fighter as young and aggressive as Rios. I see the fight going a similar way to Marquez-Diaz, although unlike Diaz, Rios can bang. Would be a very brave choice for Marquez in the twilight of his career - fighting such a dangerous young opponent.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan View Post
    I don't know if a 40-year-old Marquez could avoid brawling with a fighter as young and aggressive as Rios. I see the fight going a similar way to Marquez-Diaz, although unlike Diaz, Rios can bang. Would be a very brave choice for Marquez in the twilight of his career - fighting such a dangerous young opponent.

I'm inclined to agree, which is why if the fight were to happen, it would have to be now. But Marquez has been a great champion. Rios isn't worthy of a shot to dethrone him. And I remember the Diaz fight vividly. Marquez had to scratch and claw his way back into that fight. In a similar position, Rios might not let him off the hook.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is marquez going to turn down a 20+ million fight against pac for no.5.

There is no other fight that would net him as much apart from mayweather.

He should retire but arum will make sure he doesnt.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Pacquiao vs Marquez: Brandon Rios or a fifth Pacquiao fight next for victorious Marquez? - SBNation.com

I saw it on another thread, then found this article. Wow... I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this would be one hell of a fight. But it would have to happen next for Marquez. JMM is nearly 40 and time waits for no man. I would love nothing more than to see JMM dismantle Rios and knock him out middle or late in the fight. Marquez wouldn't make the mistake of getting into a bar room brawl with Rios like Alvarado did. He'd use his ring generalship and boxing skills to take Rios into the late rounds and then hopefully KO the shit out of him.

But it they're going to wait too long... then forget it. I don't want to see Marquez get beaten by a punk like Rios.

Indeed. I think it would resemble Hopkins/Pavlik.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not forget, just because Marquez turned on the power he can still very much box his ass off. If Alvarado is hurting you off of jabs and three punch combos, I'm pretty certain Marquez has the stamina and experience to close the show. I know I know...Rios is a face first cyclone but he is also one of THE biggest sponges going today. Honestly I think Marquez runs the risk of being arrested for child abuse midway to late should this be made shortly!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan View Post

I'm inclined to agree, which is why if the fight were to happen, it would have to be now. But Marquez has been a great champion. Rios isn't worthy of a shot to dethrone him. And I remember the Diaz fight vividly. Marquez had to scratch and claw his way back into that fight. In a similar position, Rios might not let him off the hook.
    Rios is headed for an Alvarado rematch. But to say he ain't worthy is just plain stupid. He's a worthy opponent to either Marquez or Pacquiao

Thread Information