Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: would vasquez of got stopped had he been able to see out of either eye?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default would vasquez of got stopped had he been able to see out of either eye?

Just seemed to me as if the blood affected his vision and that the punches he got knocked down with were primarily due to him not being able to see them in time to actually get out of the way of them?
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: would vasquez of got stopped had he been able to see out of either eye?

he's done, he didn't look right at all, the signs were already there in his last fight, Vazquez shouldn't fight again period, to answer the thread question, yes Rafael would have KO'd him brutally

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: would vasquez of got stopped had he been able to see out of either eye?

I don''t think he looked all that shot. I mean he looked like he had miles on him but he was still landing good punches and even hurt Marquez. He was as tenacious as ever. Sadly there is a pic where you can see the bone through his cut, they happen way to easy and his eyes just don't look like he should be fighting anymore. I wouldn't say it comes down to his skillset though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He gets hit and you can see the effect,not just with his paper tissue skin.The man is a complete professional and a compliment to the sport,we're lucky to have seen him...but he needs to get out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I think he was on the way to a real beating!!! Getting stopped early on the cuts might have been a saving grace!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would of still got stopped. Marquez was on a mission

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO if the fight would have gone on Vazquez would have ended up seriously hurt, and possibly blinded, so really it was for the best

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    IMO if the fight would have gone on Vazquez would have ended up seriously hurt, and possibly blinded, so really it was for the best
    Agreed, even with Vasquez' documented history of coming back from the brink, he just didn't look anything like the fighter he once was, while Marquez looked very sharp! If it had of continued I think it would have ended brutally for Izzy...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe Vazquez was fit but the scar tissue and that really bad cut needs no discussion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aside from the fact that he should not have been fighting because of his eye...there just seemed something off about him even before the fight started. Almost as if he could sense it wouldn't be his night. He is one of my favorite fighters...a true warrior...and because he possesses the ability to finish a fight with one punch...you never know how things would have unfolded. But i honestly think he left everything in the ring in the 3rd Marquez fight. He should retire and save himself from permanent damage...but unfortunately, i doubt he will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Agreed, even with Vasquez' documented history of coming back from the brink, he just didn't look anything like the fighter he once was, while Marquez looked very sharp! If it had of continued I think it would have ended brutally for Izzy...
    I agree that he most likely wouldn't have won even without getting cut. BUT...Marquez vs. Vasquez reminds me of Barrera vs. Morales in one way: Marquez, like Morales, is the fighter with better technical skill. But his pride always lulled him into a brawl. And in a brawl...Vasquez like Barrera...would have the advantage. So while Marquez always starts sharp with the jab...eventually he will want to trade...and against a great puncher like Vasquez...you always sensed he was in danger. Anyways...hopefully this is the absolute end of this rivalry.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's shot anyway even without the eye damage. The trilogy finished him. Vazquez won the trilogy and proved himself the better fighter but Marquez came out of it with far less damage, weird how that works.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Izzy should have not gone into the fight with a bad eye. I think he still has much to offer but needs to rest the eye. Reminds me of Eubanks v Thompson 2 when Chris came back too soon after the first fight and the same eye swelled up causing his only ever stoppage.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

with or without those bad cuts, marquez would have ko'd vazquez before the 6th round anyway. vazquez is the epitome of a shot fighter. he had no legs, balance, and his punches were slow. great fighter who needs to retire now but sadly he'll probably get ko'd badly a few more times before he learns his lesson. definitely a HOFer though!

Thread Information