Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury's 3 fight Boxnation deal; Minto, Chisora.. David Price!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fury's 3 fight Boxnation deal; Minto, Chisora.. David Price!

Just heard news from the Team Fury camp about Tyson Fury's future plans, the name being lined up to fight against Fury on the Chisora undercard on Febuary 14th is Brian Minto who got to the final of last years Prizefighter. This then paves the way for a pre world cup clash with Chisora and one of them depending on the outcome of the fight then goes onto fight David Price later in the year. Will this help establish British heavyweights on the world stage? Who do you think will come out on top between Fury - Chisora - Price?
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you'd have asked me this a year ago id say Price bangs em both out in a few rounds but.....

Id go with an in shape Chisora

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Fury's 3 fight Boxnation deal; Minto, Chisora.. David Price!

Price stops them both....he lost to one of the few established heavyweight contenders in the division. Give the guy a break

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Price stops them both....he lost to one of the few established heavyweight contenders in the division. Give the guy a break

Agree that Price has the power to beat most Heavies but its what happens when he gets hit.

Lucky for him that Fury and Chisora aren't punchers.

Id love to see Price do well.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would be very good if this actually happened. So sick of domestic prospects ducking each other to skip wo world level, like whats happened in the middleweights. Lets see who the best of Britain is before they step up. I fancy Price to stop both but if either Fury or Chisora survive an early onslaught id probably favor them to go on and win.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is being talked about as if Price will actually want the fight. He wont want anything to do with Fury, or his handlers wont, I guarantee it!

Price has yet to even fight his first comeback fight. Its against a complete journeyman that even Danny Williams beat lets see what happens in his comeback fight

In fact the most interesting thing about this is Brian Minto. He's a bull of a fighter. Too small for heavyweight but perfect for a warm up at least and a work out for anyone. He wont last but will make Tyson work and think.
    Last edited by ross; 01-11-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    This is being talked about as if Price will actually want the fight. He wont want anything to do with Fury, or his handlers wont, I guarantee it!

Price has yet to even fight his first comeback fight. Its against a complete journeyman that even Danny Williams beat lets see what happens in his comeback fight

In fact the most interesting thing about this is Brian Minto. He's a bull of a fighter. Too small for heavyweight but perfect for a warm up at least and a work out for anyone. He wont last but will make Tyson work and think.
    Also stopped Cameron in his last fight so must have some pop. Size difference is too big for him to trouble Fury, Fury must be nearly a foot taller.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I have to disagree here, Price vs Thompson 2 was poor performance from Price! He had him down heavily early in the fight, couldn't end the fight. He looked disheartened by that, and to call yourself a 12 round fighter and be tired after 3-4 rounds was really bad. If Price doesn't improve his stamina he has no chance vs either Chisora or Fury. Fury and Chisora are both 12 round fighters and have shown that before, both have the abilityto see out the full 12 rounds and still not be tired. If Price doesn't have that in his locker by the time he fights either one of these two, he will get knocked out again. Fury and Chisora can both take a shot as well, so I don't see them getting stopped early. And as I was saying before, the longer the fight goes it doesn't bode well for Price. My current opinion is that Price will get knocked out by both of them and Fury can call price a big stiff idiot when hes on the floor haha. No disrespect to Price there, I really like him as a fighter but he has a lot of work to do

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How dissapointing.. If Fury is going to take on those soft touches for his next 3 bouts, he better keep his words of fighting 14x this year..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    How dissapointing.. If Fury is going to take on those soft touches for his next 3 bouts, he better keep his words of fighting 14x this year..
    You can't call Chisora a soft touch dude. He's one Heavyweight who isn't afraid of anyone and generally keeps coming. I can't stand Fury and his level of opposition has been weak but I think fighting an improved Chisora who has a higher WBC ranking than Tyson is a fair enough bout.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going to bet that is these 3 come together like this this year then fury is the one who is going to come out of this the best and undefeated :S

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I am going to bet that is these 3 come together like this this year then fury is the one who is going to come out of this the best and undefeated :S
    I hope you are right.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather see Fury fighting guys like Wilder. Chisora II is alright.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-12-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good old ross, there's only ever an upside for the fighters he loves.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Good old ross, there's only ever an upside for the fighters he loves.
    Lets see how Murray Minto does, too good to hurry?

Thread Information