Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default DeGale to fight Periban

James De Gale is all set to face the Mexican on the undercard of the November 22 Cleverly/Bellew PPV

James DeGale MBE faces Marco Antonio Periban in Liverpool

It's apparently a second final eliminator for a world title shot Fair play to him the guys a bit of a dick but he is a British Olympic Gold medallist and could make history, if he can avoid Froch and Ward
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DeGale to fight Periban

Not bad, considering it was just going to be an opponent no matter what. I do think DeGale is a legit threat to Froch, he has a pretty nasty style to have to fight. Don't know anything about him personally but he seems to have improved since fighting Groves, and could have easily gotten that decision.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Not bad, considering it was just going to be an opponent no matter what. I do think DeGale is a legit threat to Froch, he has a pretty nasty style to have to fight. Don't know anything about him personally but he seems to have improved since fighting Groves, and could have easily gotten that decision.
    I agree that the Groves fight was very close but I think the last Degale fight may have flattered him a little. He could give Froch problems because of his speed and awkwardness going forward but he is just too easy to hit on the back foot. At times he will literally have a nice rest on the ropes, that will be like a ready made lunch for Carl. It may throw Froch for a round or two but once he starts landing I could see him getting him out of there quicker than Groves.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I agree that the Groves fight was very close but I think the last Degale fight may have flattered him a little. He could give Froch problems because of his speed and awkwardness going forward but he is just too easy to hit on the back foot. At times he will literally have a nice rest on the ropes, that will be like a ready made lunch for Carl. It may throw Froch for a round or two but once he starts landing I could see him getting him out of there quicker than Groves.
    Yeah he'd have to rise to the occasion for sure, but as you say he is really awkward and jerky coming forward, and he seems to have a very good chin himself. Froch looked like he was just way to easy to hit as well until he fought at that level. DeGale to me has a very unusual style for a lefty, but he is obviously a bull, it could be a pretty nasty clash with Froch. Wouldn't look anything like the Groves fight I don't think.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    James De Gale is all set to face the Mexican on the undercard of the November 22 Cleverly/Bellew PPV

James DeGale MBE faces Marco Antonio Periban in Liverpool

It's apparently a second final eliminator for a world title shot Fair play to him the guys a bit of a dick but he is a British Olympic Gold medallist and could make history, if he can avoid Froch and Ward
    I wish him all the best. This is a step up fight. So sad they have to use Perriban as a gatekeeper. He's just good enough to be the guy to get to the guy, that is all.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

8 am I was ignorant on DeGale but spent two hours looking at him tonight. I want my two hours back . Looks a bit of a twat, but slippery. If they think Periban is just a face first Meheecan they will be making a mistake. Should have won his last two fights easily I believe, tko blown by ref over Love, and can box. Its a good fight and hope they show it over here?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent fight - shame it's on that poxy PPV card.

If Froch decides to fight him in the meantime I can see this fight getting a discreet swerve.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Periban will be there all night throwing punches. He's tough, has a good work rate and decent power. He has a good chance of beating DeGale.

Thread Information