Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lewis Holyfield 1

Just watched this again (at random I just grabbed a DVD out of my cabinet). I wanted to know what you all thought about it really. I gave Holyfield 2 rounds and a draw was just bullshit in my eyes.

If this was talked about recently just delete this mods

ICB Guest

Default Re: Lewis Holyfield 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Just watched this again (at random I just grabbed a DVD out of my cabinet). I wanted to know what you all thought about it really. I gave Holyfield 2 rounds and a draw was just bullshit in my eyes.

7 rounds to 4 with 1 even in favor of Lewis, and that was me being generous to Holyfield. This is up there with one of the worst robberies of all time, although i think Holyfield was a bit unlucky in the rematch, what makes me laugh though is that the 2nd fight could of gone either way yet the judges had it so wide, where as the 1st fight was a clear cut win for Lewis no question yet the scorecards were tight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though 1st fight was ruled a draw I thought Lewis was really robbed big time .He really killed Holyfield to the body in the 5th(?),lifted him off the canvas.A shit call is a shit call and the first fight was Armed robbery.Had It AT LEAST 8 or 9 rounds to Lewis.
    I had Holyfield edging out 2nd though.Felt like a Payback for a blind mans call 1st time around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing

7 rounds to 4 with 1 even in favor of Lewis, and that was me being generous to Holyfield. This is up there with one of the worst robberies of all time, although i think Holyfield was a bit unlucky in the rematch, what makes me laugh though is that the 2nd fight could of gone either way yet the judges had it so wide, where as the 1st fight was a clear cut win for Lewis no question yet the scorecards were tight.
    Cheers for the response ICE. The second could have been a draw no doubt but the first was such an awful decision. Don King really had heavyweight boxing in the palm of his hand in those days.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it for Lewis it was a really bad decision definitely up there with the worst. I haven't seen it in a while so I'll dig it up and give it another go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I had it for Lewis it was a really bad decision definitely up there with the worst. I haven't seen it in a while so I'll dig it up and give it another go.
    Cheers mate. I gave Holyfield 2 rounds 100% and 2 were too close to call, even so thats just four rounds. Let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I gave Holyfield 2 rounds too - horrible decision
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

The punch stats were even worse, Lewis landed 348 punches and Holyfield only landed 130.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    The punch stats were even worse, Lewis landed 348 punches and Holyfield only landed 130.
    Even worse was one of the rounds that Regina whatverhernameis scored for Holyfield when he threw about 5 punches
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

really REALLY bad decision. Wonder what pay deal they got as judges? If there's a place to be struck off then they should have been.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Cheers mate. I gave Holyfield 2 rounds 100% and 2 were too close to call, even so thats just four rounds. Let me know what you think.
    Just finished watching it Shit! it's alot worst then what I remembered....

I had it 8-3 to Lennox with 1 even round.

As someone else mentioned the turnaround fight was also in the same light a lot closer tho this one but still they got the wrong verdict in both fights.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The man with the big hair was involved so it had to be dodgey. (young Don King)

He was the only person to benifit coz of the rematch.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember this fight well i had just moved into my first house i was 18 the fight was Lennox Lewis all the way and he was robbed Holyfield was very lucky to hang on to his titles for a few more month.I thought the 2nd fight was very close perhaps even a real draw but i had Lennox winning.

Thread Information