Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default To All Concerned

I am not in anyway affiliated with SOB or the TPS,nor have I ever been,except for trying to cross promote fighters.
    So much as getting the stink of that promotion has greatly hurt my own,and I wish to publicly disavow myself from any connection with the head of it.
    Of course I'll still train who I want ,or sign who I want for a fight.
    But I am in no way,shape or form affiliated with SOB Productions.
    Now me and you know who didnt have a tiff,I wanted to state we were never closely aligned enough to even have a tiff. But for the last few months every time I mention that I might be working with someone who might have worked on someones card,I stop getting my phone calls returned.
    I can spot trends when I see them.
    Me and a certain somebody severely dont care for each other,so I would appreciate if I didnt get lumped in with him.
    And for people who arent getting why I felt compelled to post this,Im literally losing fights because people are afraid I might be associated with him.
    Last edited by Trainer Monkey; 10-26-2008 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: To All Concerned

You'll never work in boxing again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    You'll never work in boxing again.
    Smart arse
    Funny though,I laughed
    Ive heard that phrase somewhere before..................................

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SOD should be selling used car's or pushing snack samples at the neighborhood Sam's Club on the 1st of the month.Is this mainboard ?

Hang in there TM.Edit. Goodluck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea what the hell this thread is about, but I like Trainer Monkey - so anyone fucking with him should stop.

The real reason for my post??

Coz some BIG REP has got to go out to Spicoli for the Terminator/Margarito avatar. GOLD!!!!

It won't let me coz I have to spread it around - so rep the man.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I have no idea what the hell this thread is about, but I like Trainer Monkey - so anyone fucking with him should stop.

Coz some BIG REP has got to go out to Spicoli for the Terminator/Margarito avatar. GOLD!!!!

Pretty cool,not mine but tight,but Get to spreading rep already Greig ,jeez...** Sinister laugher Bellow's ** bwawahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post

Pretty cool,not mine but tight,but Get to spreading rep already Greig ,jeez...** Sinister laugher Bellow's ** bwawahahah
    Margarito fears Clottey. Here is why:

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post

that is classic Dean.Well done....you forgot the Fist's made of hardened sculptor's clay graphic .Make Tony wear chingear and Clottey should be fine in there Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post

that is classic Dean.Well done....you forgot the Fist's made of hardened sculptor's clay graphic .Make Tony wear chingear and Clottey should be fine in there Lol.
    Hehe it is not my doing. A guy on another website posted it and it cracked me up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea that is a pretty cool avatar. i wonder if paul sees him like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didnt realize until this past week that someone,who shall remain nameless was using plants on other boards,to have fake feuds with to drum up interest in his cards. Sort of like WWE with 12 ounce gloves on. And then I started to see a trend where the legit people in this buis might see our very public feud as just another one of his shennanigans. And I saw where it was costing me buis in getting fights booked, because legit people might see me as affiliated with him,and therefor equally disreputable. And that only serves to hurt any boxers I represent. So it put me in a "you have to do something" situation.
    Nope,not staged drama,we really dont care for each other. On another board that shall equally remain nameless,he's accused me of trying to "steal" one of "his" fighters.(please note qutations,the fighter in question isnt his property,he doesnt even have a contract),and Ive bluntly said,he's one of the biggest rip off artists in the sport.
    But because of his staged feuds, our very real feud could possibly come across as just another attempt by him to drum up interest in one of his cards that nobody who can afford to see a real boxing show would care about.

On a totally side note,everybody in the sport knows Saturday is my day off, so why does my phone keep ringing on Saturdays about buisness?
    I even told one of my fighters,"Everybody knows tommorrow is my day off,I bet you I get a boxing phone call."
    I got two

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest Monkey if you are getting associated with SOB in the minds of some its probably becuase you publicly start posts like this one and others in the past.

I mean I can't imagine a serious promoter or boxing trainer using a forum to post publicly things like this.

If you want to be disassociated with SOB just stop talking about him and creating threads about it, because from a neutral viewpoint you all kind of come across the same.

Well that's not true, you don't come across as a complete fucking douche like SOB does

But if you keep arguing with him on a public forum or talking about him you'll always have that associationn.

I'd keep your dealings with Hartley quiet as well, just train him silently without creating posts about it. Most people view him and all the trailer park fighters as a joke so you always going on about him is never going to paint you in a serious light.

It depends on the reputation you want to have on this site.

I mean personally I like to treat the site as a form of escapism and so created a ridiculous avatar,formed a gay clan of elves and hobbits and like to take the piss out of myself and everybody else. The site is just good natured fun for me.

But if I wanted to be seriously involved in boxing there's no way I'd act this way. You have to behave according to how you want people to percieve you. If you're here for shits and giggles and like people to have banter with you and take the piss then post like I do.

If you want to be taken seriously as a promoter and boxing trainer, then don't get involved in posts that are likely to tarnish that image. I'd just never mention SOB again and never create threads about SOB or Hartley any more. Not saying you can't mention them in other posts but creating threads about them doesn't help your credibility imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All legitimate points Bilbo. In all honesty, I had no idea what a quagmire I was getting in to. Stuff like TPS is honestly not the circles Im used to. Im honestly used to stadiums, not high school gymnasiums. I just had no idea how bad that stink would get on me. I have no prob training certain people,or managing them, but it came as a shock how much that stink would get on me.
    One of these days,when Im officially retired from the sport,I swear Im going to write a book.
    But if I didnt make an effort to distance myself in public,people would probably keep lumping me in with it
    Last edited by Trainer Monkey; 10-26-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    I am not in anyway affiliated with SOB or the TPS,nor have I ever been,except for trying to cross promote fighters.
    So much as getting the stink of that promotion has greatly hurt my own,and I wish to publicly disavow myself from any connection with the head of it.
    Of course I'll still train who I want ,or sign who I want for a fight.
    But I am in no way,shape or form affiliated with SOB Productions.
    Now me and you know who didnt have a tiff,I wanted to state we were never closely aligned enough to even have a tiff. But for the last few months every time I mention that I might be working with someone who might have worked on someones card,I stop getting my phone calls returned.
    I can spot trends when I see them.
    Me and a certain somebody severely dont care for each other,so I would appreciate if I didnt get lumped in with him.
    And for people who arent getting why I felt compelled to post this,Im literally losing fights because people are afraid I might be associated with him.

Not sure what this is all about but OK....

But to those on the other end..

LEAVE THE MONKEY ALONE!!!!!!!
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post

I didnt realize until this past week that someone,who shall remain nameless was using plants on other boards,to have fake feuds with to drum up interest in his cards. Sort of like WWE with 12 ounce gloves on. And then I started to see a trend where the legit people in this buis might see our very public feud as just another one of his shennanigans. And I saw where it was costing me buis in getting fights booked, because legit people might see me as affiliated with him,and therefor equally disreputable. And that only serves to hurt any boxers I represent. So it put me in a "you have to do something" situation.
    Nope,not staged drama,we really dont care for each other. On another board that shall equally remain nameless,he's accused me of trying to "steal" one of "his" fighters.(please note qutations,the fighter in question isnt his property,he doesnt even have a contract),and Ive bluntly said,he's one of the biggest rip off artists in the sport.
    But because of his staged feuds, our very real feud could possibly come across as just another attempt by him to drum up interest in one of his cards that nobody who can afford to see a real boxing show would care about.

On a totally side note,everybody in the sport knows Saturday is my day off, so why does my phone keep ringing on Saturdays about buisness?
    I even told one of my fighters,"Everybody knows tommorrow is my day off,I bet you I get a boxing phone call."
    I got two
    Again....I am

On this whole situation...I have not been this confused since I seen my Ex Mother in Law naked on our patio

BUT!!! To Echo my first Sentiments..

LEAVE THE MONKEY ALONE!!!

And Clue me in
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information