0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default First time sparring in forever

Feur's normal victims didnt make it,so I donned the gear at the last second
    Amazingly,injuries and all,I didnt suck
    Of course Im a sneaky B******
    I lived on guile,and feet
    One bummer is she knows me too well,she wouldnt close with me at gunpoint,she knows damn well I live for a clinch,and Im sneakier then she could ever hope to be
    Other bummer is I think Ive trained her too well,I love going to the body,and it just wasnt there,only shot I landed there I had to get by setting it up with a quick throwaway jab,and as soon as I had the first shot,it was gone again
    Third bummer is,when your pressed in to sparring duty against somebody your training,and they ask what you were doing in there after your done,you have to tell them.I can forget getting away with that crap again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: First time sparring in forever

Fer the record,I have monstorous headache off a straight she landed right on my schnozz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry about the schnoz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FeuerFrei
    Sorry about the schnoz.
    At least when I woke up the next day it was my knuckles that hurt more then my schnozz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the thumb is getting better then? Good sign being able to spar anyway!

Must be a weird feeling - damn I just got my schnoz busted but awesome because I taught her to do that
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla
    So the thumb is getting better then? Good sign being able to spar anyway!

Must be a weird feeling - damn I just got my schnoz busted but awesome because I taught her to do that
    It was right down the pike,she faked me when I was trying to step out,and right on the bunny
    I deserved that one
    Hand feels like a train wreck,but Im still in her sparring rotation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to hear it's still workable though - perhaps the break you had did it some good?

It's also good to hear that sparrings going well for Feuer - must have her feeling confident for her upcoming bout
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to hear it's still workable though - perhaps the break you had did it some good?

It's also good to hear that sparrings going well for Feuer - must have her feeling confident for her upcoming bout
    Well if nothing else it makes me confident that I dont want to BE her next opponent
    Bruised ribs,and a hand that feels like a castanet
    She's really coming along fast,she's learned alot in a short time
    Christ,I wouldnt want to fight her now,she had the other girl hurt last time.
    I cant breathe right because of what she can do now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of there! Sounds like she's in a good place mentally with her training to be taking in so much in a short time.

I know hitting plateaus and working through them is a part of any sport but they're so not fun! That's where I am now - I hope I'm feeling some real improvement again soon!

With me it's partially attitude though I have to admit I get disorganized and forget all the little resolutions I make to add this and that to my routine - consistency is something I still have to learn. I often wonder how you and Feuer do it with work and a son to look after. All I have to be responsible for is myself and I still get muddle headed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of there! Sounds like she's in a good place mentally with her training to be taking in so much in a short time.

I know hitting plateaus and working through them is a part of any sport but they're so not fun! That's where I am now - I hope I'm feeling some real improvement again soon!

With me it's partially attitude though I have to admit I get disorganized and forget all the little resolutions I make to add this and that to my routine - consistency is something I still have to learn. I often wonder how you and Feuer do it with work and a son to look after. All I have to be responsible for is myself and I still get muddle headed!
    You cant afford to half measure
    We're tired alot,and naps come up often
    Actually you dont want to be in the gymn if I havent had my nap,I will want nothing else except to make you as miserable as I am
    Its hard,Ill be honest,but what worth having isnt?
    Ive got good fighters,Im proud of everyone fighting out of F.I.S.T.,they deserve nothing but my best
    And I expect nothing but their best
    Thems the rules of the road
    Reason Im willing to crawl back in to the ring with a set of screwed ribs,and knuckles that hurt like blazes
    Give my best as a trainer,make sure my fighter's ready

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to hear I'm not the only one who needs to nap sometimes - I was meant to run yesterday lunch time but ended up 'napping' for 3 hours instead!  usually I can do a 30 min power nap no worries but yesterday it just wasn't enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to hear I'm not the only one who needs to nap sometimes - I was meant to run yesterday lunch time but ended up 'napping' for 3 hours instead! usually I can do a 30 min power nap no worries but yesterday it just wasn't enough!
    Trust me,the boy's on the school bus,and Im about to pop a melatonin go up stairs read for a little bit,listen to my dog settle in to his nest and forget the next couple of hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have found a bonus of being a midget is that I can sleep very well on a bus When I finally get my licence and start driving out to these trial sites it may not be as fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first off, Feueur's a chick? you got beat upi by a chick? Come on. Even the good ones can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

second, I find that when I don't spar for a while I get headaches a bit easier. anyone else notice that? So what I do is spar and then pop a good helping of aspirin immediately after.

Third, if I was to spar with a chick, I'd go "to the body" a LOT!!! and I'd clinch EVEN MORE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    first off, Feueur's a chick? you got beat upi by a chick? Come on. Even the good ones can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

second, I find that when I don't spar for a while I get headaches a bit easier. anyone else notice that? So what I do is spar and then pop a good helping of aspirin immediately after.

Third, if I was to spar with a chick, I'd go "to the body" a LOT!!! and I'd clinch EVEN MORE!!!
    Define "chick" Von
    Because in this case youd have to have the definition read 6'0" amazon and life long athlete

Thread Information