Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kovalev vs Cleverly predictions august 17th

I think Clev is a good fighter and this is a good match too. He will deserve respect if he wins, as Kovalev is coming with a lot of hype from USA TV and is clearly dangerous.

@Dia bando - there's not a person on earth, regardless of grounding or experience, that can correctly and consistently pick the winner of a fight. It's easy to tell people you're an expert when the fighters you support are winning. What happens when they lose? I'll look forward to your posts ()
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was a punch that Bellew hit Cleverly with while Clev was stuck on the ropes that was a punch from hell, I don't think Tony could have put more power into it if he tired. Clev took it and did not even wobble. I get the feeling that Clev will cause Kovalev to have a panic attack when he realises that he can't knock him out.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mctaggert View Post
    There was a punch that Bellew hit Cleverly with while Clev was stuck on the ropes that was a punch from hell, I don't think Tony could have put more power into it if he tired. Clev took it and did not even wobble. I get the feeling that Clev will cause Kovalev to have a panic attack when he realises that he can't knock him out.
    Agreed Clev is young and fearless he will beat this guy in a war as he did with Bellow. Nathan does have problems with boxers so B hop would be a pain in the ass for him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I rate campillo higher than cleverely, and thought campillo would give kovalev a decent fight well he went in there and just crushed him. Not sure what clev got to offer kovalev, kovalev has a sick punch, good workrate for someone who has a punch like that and from what I've seen a good chin, kovalev inside the distance like 8ish. Granted I've only seen kovalev 4 times but he's really impressed me.
    Campillo was in bad shape for that fight though. Not saying it wasn't a good win, but I don't think we saw the best Campillo that night.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Kovalev in this fight. Therefore, if Cleverly ends up taking the belt back to Wales, I'll give him credit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I rate campillo higher than cleverely, and thought campillo would give kovalev a decent fight well he went in there and just crushed him. Not sure what clev got to offer kovalev, kovalev has a sick punch, good workrate for someone who has a punch like that and from what I've seen a good chin, kovalev inside the distance like 8ish. Granted I've only seen kovalev 4 times but he's really impressed me.
    Campillo was in bad shape for that fight though. Not saying it wasn't a good win, but I don't think we saw the best Campillo that night.
    That's the first I heard of him being in bad shape, he looked to me like he usually does.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    That's the first I heard of him being in bad shape, he looked to me like he usually does.
    Yes, I believe he had visa issues into right before the flight and didn't fly in from Spain until a couple of days prior to the fight, and allegedly was jet lagged etc. I might be mistaken but he might also have had a flu. I now there was a red flag in betting circles on him before the fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rant I stand corrected, I just googled it and yeah apparently he flew in four days prior to the fight, campillo is real a tough luck guy, his "loss" to cloud is unjustifiable to me no way no how could that fight be scored to cloud imo. I'm sticking with campilo cause blastin out a jetlagged campillo on three rounds is still dam impressive

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctaggert View Post
    Agreed Clev is young and fearless he will beat this guy in a war as he did with Bellow. Nathan does have problems with boxers so B hop would be a pain in the ass for him.
    Thats a major leap in hypothetical and he'd be we'll advised to not think he can war with Kovalev, or a Bellew for a maj. Dec for that matter, sponge a punch and turn up roses and cruise a win. Just because Cleverly didn't fall over...but still got hit enough to prove it...doesn't mean he won't panic himself?!

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: Kovalev vs Cleverly predictions august 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I think Clev is a good fighter and this is a good match too. He will deserve respect if he wins, as Kovalev is coming with a lot of hype from USA TV and is clearly dangerous.

@Dia bando - there's not a person on earth, regardless of grounding or experience, that can correctly and consistently pick the winner of a fight. It's easy to tell people you're an expert when the fighters you support are winning. What happens when they lose? I'll look forward to your posts ()
    I'm just picking my nose up to the 2and knuckle,! If I was a expert I would be a millionaire , Cleverly
    is a good Champion he may not be the biggest puncher, mind you Calzaghe never got much respect
    for being a outstanding 2 weight Champion.
    I'm just giving a few pointers.!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I'm just picking my nose up to the 2and knuckle,! If I was a expert I would be a millionaire , Cleverly
    is a good Champion he may not be the biggest puncher, mind you Calzaghe never got much respect
    for being a outstanding 2 weight Champion.
    I'm just giving a few pointers.!
    Calzaghe is respected by the entire boxing world (apart from some dopey forum fans) for being a GENUINE champion.

If you're comparing Calzaghe's early career with Cleverly, then the difference is Calzaghe beat Eubank to become "champion," a fighter that is rated among the best ever supermiddles
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just saw some vids of Kovalev on youtube and it looks like weve got a good fight coming up when he meets Clev. Hes defo gonna bring it

The outcome depends on how Cleverley goes about the job. Hes got a good chin and i dont think ive ever seen him dropped but if he stands his ground with Kovalev I think hel be in trouble. Hes gotta do what Calzaghe did vs Kessler when he realised he couldn't match him for power so had to adjust and box. Clev will probably give it a go because thats his nature but his slightly better boxing skills should prevail if he chooses to use them

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They also showed Kovalev v White on Eurosport which was a good destruction job. However if Cleverly is to fight him then it will be easier fight for him than Bellow. That was a close fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's weird how fast people are to buy into Kovalav hype, Campillo got dropped twice in the first round vs Cloud so people shouldn't act like he's a beast

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    It's weird how fast people are to buy into Kovalav hype, Campillo got dropped twice in the first round vs Cloud so people shouldn't act like he's a beast
    Campillo boxed Cloud's ears off though over the course of the fight. Campillo also picks Cleverly to win the fight with Kovalev.

On paper, it's hard to deny that the win over Campillo was a good win, considering that Campillo has given Cloud, Shumenov and other ranked fighters loads of problems, and Kovalev walked through him. As I mentioned earlier, however, Campillo wasn't himself for that fight. A lot of people betting on the fight shifted money to Kovalev right before the fight, after word came out that Campillo wasn't all there. So, if you are suggesting that the win over Campillo might be overvalued, you may be correct. In my opinion, this is a great fight between slugger and boxer. It's a risky fight for both guys, but Cleverly has a fan base, so it's a riskier fight for him.

How nasty would a fight between Kovalev and Stevenson be?

Thread Information