0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 3 Solutions-If You Were The Leader Of Your Country

How would you have approached
    1. Coronavirus
    2. Race Relations/Mass Migrations
    3. National Debt

These 3 things seem imminent in hurting nations as in plural currently. There are nor right or wrong, just wanted to gauge how stupid I think my government is...I expect to read some statements that would make me say- Now why couldn't our politicians/president/prime minister had done that!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 3 Solutions-If You Were The Leader Of Your Country

1. Coronavirus – earlier lock down, PPE for all front line staff, care homes being protected.

2. Race Relations/Migrations – acceptance of institutional racism, education, raising awareness of positive aspects, positive action against discrimination outcomes but not positive discrimination.

3. National Debt – accept it an historic debt that cannot be wiped overnight, increase debt when interest rate is low and invest in infra structure which will pay for it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Improve tertiary education: Set up a national concubine system, with me as the prime and only beneficiary.

2. Start national infrastructure projects to kick start the economy: build a massive palace for me.

3. Bring communities together: enslave everyone equally to serve my every whim.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

National debts. I know we've got some financially savvy people on board. What would actually happen if everyone just said fuck it. We ain't paying you and you don't pay us. Deal?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

1. Institute travel ban from China quickly. Quarantine the sick. Initiate better practices to secure those who are most vulnerable to the disease. If extra beds/rooms needed for patients, don't house in Rest Homes/Retirement communities re-purpose College dorms as nobody is using those currently. Educate public on hand washing, incubation period, etc. Defund the WHO for lying and taking China's side.

2. For Migrations: Secure the Southern border. Allow DACA "Dreamers" to stay IF and only IF they complete a naturalization process. If there is a migrant caravan, find those who fund it and criminally charge them. Our immigration system should be open to all, but we should also have standards for who we allow in the country. Violent criminals need not apply.

For Race relations: Have officers partner with civilians to figure out the best practices for policing their neighborhoods. Bring back "Beat" police (like walking the beat not like violently beating) to form a closer relationship with communities, "your friendly neighborhood officer" and not "this cop that I don't know or trust". Get illegal guns off the streets, allow for illegal guns to be turned in anonymously(though those firearms would be checked for use in violent crimes). End Prohibition on drugs. Root out how gangs make their money and remove them from any and all neighborhoods. People don't want to live in fear, kids don't need the temptation of quick money dangled in front of them when they don't understand the consequences of their actions, and organized crime should not prey upon any neighborhood.

3. Reign in spending is going to be difficult, but austerity must be practiced given the size of our debt. Encourage companies to store their money in American banks. Remove loopholes for taxes and lower tax rates. Get government out of the charity business and allow communities the opportunity and incentive to help provide for their own which would also help with #2 I believe and overall morale in communities. People form bonds over working together to achieve common goals. Encouraging kindness and support for your fellow citizen gives you a sense of pride whereas paying taxes for entitlement programs creates resentment. Also with communities being encouraged to invest in their own communities then they will be better able to focus on the specific needs of their community when big government bureaucracy allows people to fall through the cracks.

I believe Canned Heat said it best....

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    How would you have approached
    1. Coronavirus
    2. Race Relations/Mass Migrations
    3. National Debt

These 3 things seem imminent in hurting nations as in plural currently. There are nor right or wrong, just wanted to gauge how stupid I think my government is...I expect to read some statements that would make me say- Now why couldn't our politicians/president/prime minister had done that!
    1. Total Lockdown of all borders, flights, interstate traffic, total police-enforced masking/social distancing, total compliance police-enforced.

2. Firm believer in reparations. Slaves worked for 300 years FOR FREE for Anglo-Saxon slave owners WHO GOT RICH PAYING NO WAGES. No wonder America got rich. Now take your lil' calculator and figure MILLIONS OF SLAVES OVER 300 YEARS working FULL-TIME AND THEN SOME, figure the LOST WAGES AND COMPOUND THE INTEREST, I think it comes out to TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS. So yeah, PAY REPARATIONS TO BLACKS, NATIVE AMERICANS, minimum $100,000 cash to each and every one of them, MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD.

UK must also do the same for Guyana, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and a whole host of other ex-colonies. TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

3. Invest in the US and dont ship manufacturing abroad

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget all the other bastards too:

The Aztecs, Incas, Toltecs, Maya, the Cherokee, Comanche, Pawnee, Caribs, Americans, the Ghanaians, Nigerians, Cameroonian, Tanzanians, Kenyans, Congolese, the Chinese, Koreans, Burmese, the Indians, Pakistanis, Afghans, the Arabs, Sumerians, Iraqia, Mesopotamians, Berbers, Tuareg, Ottomans, Hittites, Babylonians, the Greeks, Romans, Dutch, French, British (don't forget that the Romans, Celts, Scots and English enslaved each other at times) the Maori, Fijians, Samoans and all those other people who practised slavery should also pay reparations. This certainly isn't a full list here.

What about those who are still carrying out modern day slavery? The Saudis, Gulf Arabs, Sudanese, Mauritanians and all those people using brothels and nail bars in our own countries. Should they pay less as they haven't been slaves for so long?

Yes, they should all pay compensation to those they enslaved. You could do a balance sheet calculation for everyone who had an ancestor who was a slave as well as another who was a slave owner. There would be a % payment for the time they were slaves, and a % cost for the time that they were slave owners or traders.

Im sure it would be really easy to work out
    Last edited by X; 06-18-2020 at 06:11 PM.

El Kabong Guest

One of my ancestors a lily white Scotsman came over as a slave...landed in New York and escaped south to his freedom....funny how that works I guess I get money. Ooooh and my wife is an Injun...gimme that cash money $$$$$

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thread is about if you were the leader of the United States.... Not Mauritania.

But do carry on. 🤣

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It says 'your country' ....... the US isn't the only country in the world, dont'cha know

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The thread is about if you were the leader of the United States.... Not Mauritania.

But do carry on. 🤣
    Title: 3 Solutions-If You Were The Leader Of Your Country

OP: These 3 things seem imminent in hurting nations as in plural currently.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

America isn't the only country in the world .... and fatboxingfan isn't the only Brock

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    National debts. I know we've got some financially savvy people on board. What would actually happen if everyone just said fuck it. We ain't paying you and you don't pay us. Deal?

It is a brilliant idea that to be successfully executed would first require you do not ask any financially savvy people what would happen. They are not going to be honest with you because it would require a leap of faith to deprogram themselves in order to contemplate it. The whole financial thing is an illusion anyway built to sustain the 1%.

Cue the 'Beanz is a dirty Jew Commie Marxist' brigade about......now

Debt is a claim on future labour. You have to create value to pay off debt. Think about your student loan and how you had to get yourself into a position to earn enough money before you started paying it off. Most people spend their entire lives living with some form of it, not because they are rubbish but because the system is rubbish and the system DEMANDS it. It maintains monopolies. Look at how even after huge financial crashes the 1% get richer and everyone else gets poorer. There is no leveling up. It is the same with countries.

Look at how repayments/compensation for slaves ends up back in the hands of those families that owned slave ships and people like me and you whose families did not, end up paying for it. Those descendants are in the House of Lords because debt is needed in order to keep people working. The same thing applies to the hierachy of countries. Look at how America made sure we paid them back for helping to secure Freedom..Murica fuck yeah! in order to cement their ascendancy.

Imagine if you inherited everything. Not just houses and silver plates but millions of pounds. What you end up with is only yours because of the work of others . You have done nothing to earn it. The only thing those who were employed as labor to manufacture that wealth inherit is debt. And so the system is maintained.

Nations force workers to pay taxes to service debts they never accrued. If you cancel all that debt

you get Anarchy

which is good.

What would really happen? Fuck knows but

There would be a massive new transfer of wealth from Rich to Poor countries.

Lots of fat people would die instead of lots of skinny people?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not fit to lead a Country. But I'd hear out experts and professional opinion. I'd respect my neighbor and their property and I'd take less of and not waste citizens money like it was my own private slush fund. Save for one or two state of the art Presidential Jet packs maybe.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    1. Institute travel ban from China quickly. Quarantine the sick. Initiate better practices to secure those who are most vulnerable to the disease. If extra beds/rooms needed for patients, don't house in Rest Homes/Retirement communities re-purpose College dorms as nobody is using those currently. Educate public on hand washing, incubation period, etc. Defund the WHO for lying and taking China's side.

2. For Migrations: Secure the Southern border. Allow DACA "Dreamers" to stay IF and only IF they complete a naturalization process. If there is a migrant caravan, find those who fund it and criminally charge them. Our immigration system should be open to all, but we should also have standards for who we allow in the country. Violent criminals need not apply.

For Race relations: Have officers partner with civilians to figure out the best practices for policing their neighborhoods. Bring back "Beat" police (like walking the beat not like violently beating) to form a closer relationship with communities, "your friendly neighborhood officer" and not "this cop that I don't know or trust". Get illegal guns off the streets, allow for illegal guns to be turned in anonymously(though those firearms would be checked for use in violent crimes). End Prohibition on drugs. Root out how gangs make their money and remove them from any and all neighborhoods. People don't want to live in fear, kids don't need the temptation of quick money dangled in front of them when they don't understand the consequences of their actions, and organized crime should not prey upon any neighborhood.

3. Reign in spending is going to be difficult, but austerity must be practiced given the size of our debt. Encourage companies to store their money in American banks. Remove loopholes for taxes and lower tax rates. Get government out of the charity business and allow communities the opportunity and incentive to help provide for their own which would also help with #2 I believe and overall morale in communities. People form bonds over working together to achieve common goals. Encouraging kindness and support for your fellow citizen gives you a sense of pride whereas paying taxes for entitlement programs creates resentment. Also with communities being encouraged to invest in their own communities then they will be better able to focus on the specific needs of their community when big government bureaucracy allows people to fall through the cracks.

I believe Canned Heat said it best....

I like those ideas. I would go much further than China and automatic quarantine for any returning Brit. No foreigners allowed in for a 6 month period. Review every 3 months beyond. Tourism is not as important as the general economy.

In terms of immigration, it is unnecessary and costs money and increases social tension. NO immigration for a decade. Deportation of all violent criminals on a dual passport or with a passport from country of origin. Only short term renewable visas for anyone coming in to work. No easy gateway to citizenship. Get the number down to something negligible. All illegals straight out. You burned all ID? Fine, sending you to France where you came from. Macron doesn't like it? Time for words as the dwarf let them onto the channel. Military to do something useful. Outposts at every invasion avenue. It is what other countries do. They protect borders.

In terms of debt a return to the welfare state of the 1950's. It teaches self reliability. Cuts to procedures that are cosmetic on NHS. If you want to change gender that is fine. However, insure yourself or save up. Reduce health care costs by promoting activity and health. Increase interest rates and encourage fiscal self responsibility. Regulate the banks. Close off shore tax havens, do away with loopholes for multinational corporations. You control them, they do not control you.

The debt that exists is significant. Historically you would inflate it away which is cruel. You could just not pay, but that means nobody is lending to you again. You need austerity, but you need to innovate and make your economy strong with technologies that others have not yet invented. No more bailouts. Let bad actors fail. Increase domestic food production as the UK is not able to sustain itself. People should pay more for food and less on indulgences. Appreciate food and pay farmers well, let them hire local people, and appreciate food grown locally.

The minimum wage is plenty and with less immigration less excuses to avoid work and of course with welfare being altered men and women need to be more responsible with their sexual behavior. Wanna be a stud? Get the snip. Wanna be a slag? Take the pill. Wanna love and raise kids in a marriage, then there will be support for you. That is encouraged. The single Mums and runaway Dads will be investigated.

Thread Information