Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Whow would oyu like to see GGG fight on May 5th?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see GGG fight on May 5?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who would you like to see GGG fight on May 5?

If they are not on the list then choose TBC and let us know who you would like to see him face
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who would you like to see GGG fight on May 5?

The undefeated, young prime BJS to unify the title and would be the logical choice.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders: Gennady Golovkin talks in progress, says promoter Frank Warren

Billy Joe Saunders would fight Gennady Golovkin "in his garden", says the Briton's promoter Frank Warren.

He told BBC Sport talks have taken place with the Kazakh fighter's camp over a unification fight between the two undefeated middleweight champions.

Saunders, 28, could face Golovkin in June, instead of his scheduled fight with fellow Briton Martin Murray.

Golovkin was due to fight Saul Alvarez on 5 May in Las Vegas, but the Mexican withdrew from the rematch on Tuesday.

Alvarez is awaiting the outcome of a hearing into an adverse drug test.

WBA, WBC and IBF champion Golovkin, 35, said on Wednesday that Alvarez's replacement would be named soon, adding he would still be defending his titles on 5 May in Las Vegas.

That date would be too early for Saunders, who is unable to spar until 14 April after picking up a hand injury, which caused the postponement of his WBO defence against fellow Englishman Murray until 23 June.

"We have had conversations [with Golovkin's camp] and will speak later today and see where it goes," said Warren.

"Provided Golovkin would be willing to fight in June, Bill would be available.
    "I understand they are looking at 5 May in Vegas, but I am not sure if they will find an opponent or sell a show out in such a short space of time.

"I am hoping they will take the fight, then we can do it here or go to the States, but that will be their call," added Warren, who said a fight in England would "have to be a stadium fight".

Warren says the fight would have to be agreed "sometime this week".

He said: "We need to know soon and not let it drag on. There is a short window to do it and we need to get a decision.

"In the meantime we have not postponed the Murray fight, but if this one comes up in between obviously we would consider it, provided the terms are OK. Bill would like to fight Golovkin, there is no doubt about that.

"Bill said he would fight him in his garden."

Warren said a contract was agreed for the two to fight last year, but Golovkin was instead rested before his first fight with Alvarez in September, which ended in a controversial draw.

"Golovkin has stated many time he wants to fight Bill. Bill wants it, Golovkin says he wants it. I do not know if Golovkin's management wants it. There should be no problem making it - on paper it is a great fight."

Despite Golovkin's record of 33 knockouts from 37 fights, Warren believes Saunders could beat him.

"This is a fight that will define his legacy and I genuinely believe he can win. But he has to be 100%, I am not having him get in there with a hand injury."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43642135

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubanks Jr has just thrown all of his pens in the bin and is sitting in the corner of his big old lonely mansion with the curtains closed and the phone unplugged whilst rocking backwards and forwards hoping that no one contacts him to offer him the fight...what he doesn't realise is that he is completely irrelevant and there is no way that GGG would even consider him.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Eubanks Jr has just thrown all of his pens in the bin and is sitting in the corner of his big old lonely mansion with the curtains closed and the phone unplugged whilst rocking backwards and forwards hoping that no one contacts him to offer him the fight...what he doesn't realise is that he is completely irrelevant and there is no way that GGG would even consider him.
    Junior would turn down the offer what ever it was.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JR would go to war with GGG..that would be a great fight!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Eubank Jnr would get smashed to pieces against Golovkin, because he has a good chin but can't box or fight very well.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight his IBF mandatory, Sergiy Derevyanchenko. He's willing, ready and eager.

O'Sullivan is willing, but not really qualified for a PPV fight.

Saunders is not willing to fight him in May, although he says he'll fight GGG in September.

Charlo is the WBC mandatory, but he has a fight scheduled against a low-ranked opponent. Jacobs is also already scheduled to fight. Eubank Jr and Ramirez cannot make 160. Andrade is not serious about fighting Golovkin.
    Last edited by Freedom; 04-05-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Freedom;1468777]
    Saunders is not willing to fight him in May, although he says he'll fight GGG in September.
    /QUOTE]

BJS said he can't fight in May because of the hand injury but he can be ready by the first or second weekend of June

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is the date set in stone? Like it or not, I’d imagine enough people who already bought tickets were Canelo supporters and might not go along with another opponent I haven’t read anything about whether they are refunding tickets, but if so a month isn’t a lot of time to build up a different fight. Would surely be very difficult to work out the purse splits and everything especially, if they want the best opponents possible. For me, Jacobs bjs, Charlo or Sergiy are better than canelo anyways. Ramirez probably couldn’t make the weight at all much less in time, Eubanks or spike would be a waste of time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In order from who I most want to least

Charlo
    Jacobs
    BJS
    Derevyachenko (or however you spell it)
    Murata
    Andrade

Anybody else would be very disappointing because I just named six fighters who would be at very least decent options.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    If they are not on the list then choose TBC and let us know who you would like to see him face
    Marvin Hagler and this way we will never have to hear about Golovkin again because he would be Six Feet Under pushing up daisies

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prospective opponents saying they can fight GGG in June, July, or September are forgetting one thing. How about the process GGG has been going through training and getting ready to peak on May 5th for the Clenbelo fight? So, let's just cross that date off the calendar... I think three weeks from next Saturday I might have an opening?? It's not quite that simple.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin should try 168 and see what's like. Let him fight David Benavidez or Gilberto Ramirez

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone really. Just stay busy and make sure he has 2 big fights to see the year out. I don't mind if it is not a big opponent this time. GGG can get a quick stoppage, have a short break and really try and finish the year on a push to the sun. It's unfair on him and his opponent to just fight at such short notice. This isn't the 1950's, though it would be nice if it was.

Thread Information