Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wow! Ban Police have been busy!

Fucking hell!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wow! Ban Police have been busy!

huh?

El Kabong Guest

Walrus and GaMo have apparently been banned....so it seems. I'm guessing for the discussion regarding the whole Weinstein deal in Hollywood. They were apparently of the belief that some actresses knew the score and rolled with it (in stronger and more colorful words), and that hypothesis has been floated by some celebrities and the thinking is "That's why actresses _____, ____, and ____ haven't spoken up about it". To which I've responded with "Gee that's a shitty work environment even if it's consensual" and apparently even that was wrongthink

But yeah that should be the long and short of it.

The Mods are going to Mod, it's why they are there...typically warnings are given out well before any bannings, but I can't say in this case that they were, I'd assume so seeing how I have been here for a spell and have had my run ins. They've always been patient with me....guess it's my white privilege

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Walrus and GaMo have apparently been banned....so it seems. I'm guessing for the discussion regarding the whole Weinstein deal in Hollywood. They were apparently of the belief that some actresses knew the score and rolled with it (in stronger and more colorful words), and that hypothesis has been floated by some celebrities and the thinking is "That's why actresses _____, ____, and ____ haven't spoken up about it". To which I've responded with "Gee that's a shitty work environment even if it's consensual" and apparently even that was wrongthink

The Mods are going to Mod, it's why they are there...typically warnings are given out well before any bannings, but I can't say in this case that they were, I'd assume so seeing how I have been here for a spell and have had my run ins. They've always been patient with me....guess it's my white privilege
    Don't be so confident the last couple of your post was skirting on the edge of disaster. All I need to do is put in a good word or two and your ass is grass

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Don't be so confident the last couple of your post was skirting on the edge of disaster. All I need to do is put in a good word or two and your ass is grass
    Armenian privilege doesn't exist

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gotta admit I won't miss GayMo, he was at the centre of every row in the main forum and whilst it was obvious he was trolling 99% of the time and it was difficult to ignore him because he was so persistent and he was in nearly every thread.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    huh?
    See what happens when you are away?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    huh?
    See what happens when you are away?
    What does that mean are you implying that Gamo was really Bill Paxton or Feeney to El Tina Mito?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gotta admit I won't miss GayMo, he was at the centre of every row in the main forum and whilst it was obvious he was trolling 99% of the time and it was difficult to ignore him because he was so persistent and he was in nearly every thread.
    gotta be honest, I disagree to a degree. I'll miss him a bit, same as I miss Ross , same as I miss Billy boy Paxtom a bit. I think sometimes , even if we don't agree, even if they're trolling, freedom of speech and the right to an opinion is important.
    I didn't disagree with all @GaMo's opinions, I did agree with some, and believe it or not, I feel sometimes he came over as articulate and knowledgeable when he felt like it. Of course, other times he sounded like a twat!
    As for @walrus, I have to say , the Brock Fake vacation thing has been hilarious.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GayMo should stick to boxing and Walrus should talk more boxing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How long have they been banned for?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never had these sorts of problems when Paul Kevin was around, kept people in check he did, people knew not to fuck about when he was here.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock is still here...

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Brock is still here...
    Damn that comment right there proves you're the biggest troll of all time. I'm surprised you made it past Buckingham Palace day

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I generally like Walrus, but think he went a bit too far with his revelation that he used to participate in rape simulation exercises. Gamo was being the bigger idiot though. I'm not keen on this neanderthal approach to women, or men for that matter. There is an aspect of lad culture that disgusts me really and I know it is uncool to say that on a boxing forum and it makes everyone think I am gay, but I don't care. It is what it is. Hopefully Walrus will go to church, say sorry to Jesus, and come back a bit better. I'm sure it will only be a short ban.

The thing is even if someone wants a movie role or something like that, you as a person with responsibilities have a duty not to abuse your position. You see it in all areas such as with some politicians, priests, film producers, tv presenters. Somehow some of them are getting away with serious crimes and it doesn't help with attitudes like 'They deserved it anyway' or 'Most girls are whores'. I sometimes wondered why I have to do sexual harrassment seminars as it would never cross my mind to harrass someone, but threads like the recent ones make me realise we probably need a lot more education on the topic.

Thread Information