Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

One knock down is not all he did. He hurt Trout at least 4 other times and avoided most of his punches. Trout threw more and missed more. He never once came close to hurting Alvarez. You like claiming you ain't bias but you clearly showing you are. Cuz you were gonna bitch no matter what. I bet you actually scored the KD round 10-9 instead of 10-8 huh?
    You could at least make an argument for it - Trout came back strong after that.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    All Trout landed was the jab. And he missed more than he landed

To use your favorite phrase..... You don't know SHIT about boxing.
    You were gonna bitch no matter what. Alvarez won. BTW nice showing by Cotto. It really does run in the family

Abner ain't shit. Doesn't change the fact you still don't know shit about boxing.
    You think Trout won. Trout knows he lost. I rest my case.

He's in Texas and was booed from the get-go. What do you expect him to say? He DOES want to get home in one piece, you know.
    So you saying Trout deserved the win?

Yes, VD. I'm saying Trout deserved the win. One knockdown does not decide a fight. Trout landed more and was busier. Canela had the flashier punches and scored the knockdown, yes. But Trout was going to lose the decision no matter what. The robbery was set up from the time the fight was moved to Texas and the fucking judges were picked. Open scoring should be abolished and the next person who proposes it should be lashed in the town square.
    One knock down is not all he did. He hurt Trout at least 4 other times and avoided most of his punches. Trout threw more and missed more. He never once came close to hurting Alvarez. You like claiming you ain't bias but you clearly showing you are. Cuz you were gonna bitch no matter what. I bet you actually scored the KD round 10-9 instead of 10-8 huh?
    why would anyone score that 10-8 when trout came back and took control of the same round?? lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post

You were gonna bitch no matter what. Alvarez won. BTW nice showing by Cotto. It really does run in the family

Abner ain't shit. Doesn't change the fact you still don't know shit about boxing.

He's in Texas and was booed from the get-go. What do you expect him to say? He DOES want to get home in one piece, you know.

Yes, VD. I'm saying Trout deserved the win. One knockdown does not decide a fight. Trout landed more and was busier. Canela had the flashier punches and scored the knockdown, yes. But Trout was going to lose the decision no matter what. The robbery was set up from the time the fight was moved to Texas and the fucking judges were picked. Open scoring should be abolished and the next person who proposes it should be lashed in the town square.
    I do not agree ...In the fight i was watching Canelo was showing Great defensive skills ..when Trout had him against the ropes and threw busy flurries, Canelo blocked and dodged nearly all ....the only thing i could score trout on was the jabs
    Finally someone who knows boxing

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good fight.
    Sulaiman got his wish and got away with murder.
    Open scoring is shameful.
    I now join the mob who wants prizefights involving Mexicans prohibited in Texas.
    Another black eye for boxing.

End of story.
    Come on @TitoFan, that bad? I mean 118-109 was fucking horrible, but 115-112 didn't seem all that out of line, along with the KD, and Austin said the better man won.

I've seen hometown decisions that were a whole lot worse than that one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is showing better defense - he did slip a lot more punches than he has in the past.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post

Coming forward and missing doesn't make it a 10-9 round. He tried to make it one. But what did he actually land to make it one? To many people influenced by the commentators as a oppose to what's in front of them

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Gentlemen. I can understand the antipathy towards the WBC and Sulaiman but don't assume that Canelo is going to need a dodgy refereeing decision or some less than unbiased judging to help him win the fight BEFORE a punch has even been thrown. Personally I think Alvarez stops Trout. He is no flash in the pan and whatever you think about his previous opposition most neutral boxing fans can't really pick holes in his opposition this time. Give the kid a break.
    Fair enough. History where the WBC is concerned cannot help but be brought up here my friend. I'm not sure how it cant. It would be akin to ignoring the past offenses of a re-offending murderer. My cynicism here is based on being a witness to this charlatan's escapades for decades. From that cynicism comes skepticism because the cynicism is based on observation, experience and repeatability therefor its empirical. I cant help that either. Many of the moves again in this case sustains those views.

Having said that you are right. Its wrong to blame Alvarez so point taken sincerely. I have been a little overly harsh at him unfairly. He's a tidy fighter and sound enough technician. I wish to see this fight end with the better man winning because he was the better man. Should this fight end this way and Mr. Alvarez gets his hand raised I have no issues in giving him credit and eating a plateful of crow for thinking Austin needed a gun to get a decision.

I covet no ill will. Should be a great fight.

Cheers
    So much for that idea.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    It was a good fight.
    Sulaiman got his wish and got away with murder.
    Open scoring is shameful.
    I now join the mob who wants prizefights involving Mexicans prohibited in Texas.
    Another black eye for boxing.

End of story.
    Come on @TitoFan , that bad? I mean 118-109 was fucking horrible, but 115-112 didn't seem all that out of line, along with the KD, and Austin said the better man won.

I've seen hometown decisions that were a whole lot worse than that one.

Austin's a gentleman. He shows the kind of class you don't see out of the "Rios'es" of the boxing world. Austin was going to lose by decision no matter what. It was a good fight, no argument there. But he was doomed from the time the fight was moved to Texas, with the open scoring system, and the corrupt judges. The only way he was leaving with his belts would've been by knockout.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The right man received the decision, although the 118-109 score was obviously ridiculous.

I scored it 114-113 for Canelo (6 rounds each plus the knockdown). The 115-112 score was okay , because I gave a close round to Trout that could have gone to either.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post

it was VERY close!!! trout at least deserved a draw for outlanding canelo in punches! im sooo tired of these networks "House fighter" getting the nod when they dont deserve to.
    I was surprised how easy is was for Alvarez to hurt Trout, he hurt him with several uppercuts plus the KD in the 7th. Trout couldn't seem to hurt Alvarez. I was expecting Trout to be the bigger puncher.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Coming forward and missing doesn't make it a 10-9 round. He tried to make it one. But what did he actually land to make it one? To many people influenced by the commentators as a oppose to what's in front of them

Even with a 10-8 round, the scoring was atrocious. Of course I don't expect you to see it that way. You're as biased as they come. You're also blind as a bat, not recognizing corruption when it's right in front of your face. And to think you like to accuse people of not knowing shit about boxing. I find a lot of fucking irony in that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The right man received the decision, although the 118-109 score was obviously ridiculous.

I scored it 114-113 for Canelo (6 rounds each plus the knockdown). The 115-112 score was okay , because I gave a close round to Trout that could have gone to either.

The winner took the last round off because he knew the fight was over at round 8. I could give two shits who anyone was cheering for. Bullshit, bullshit and yet more bullshit. What next 6 round championship fights.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was my one opportunity to bet on the exact outcome of a fight (down to the judges scores) and I let it pass. Fuck... I'd be a little richer right now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even with a 10-8 round, the scoring was atrocious. Of course I don't expect you to see it that way. You're as biased as they come. You're also blind as a bat, not recognizing corruption when it's right in front of your face. And to think you like to accuse people of not knowing shit about boxing. I find a lot of fucking irony in that.
    118-109 was bullshit. I said that from the start. The right guy still won. You rather focus on the bullshit to avoid giving Alvarez his just due. It's that simple.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

118-109 was bullshit. I said that from the start. The right guy still won. You rather focus on the bullshit to avoid giving Alvarez his just due. It's that simple.

To use another one of your favorite phrases: "It's a sad day in boxing."

Thread Information