Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chavez Jr returns!

Apparently he is back in July and is fighting a guy nicknamed "Cheetos" Wondering if he just scanned the opponents list and went with what was on his mind?

Seriously though..seems like a quick return after what Fonfara put on him. Really wonder where his head is at as he was as sloppy in body as he was in the way he fought. Haymon is going to make us sit through this grazing heifer again but I think he is totally done. Certainly will not be at middleweight, the current residence of one Mr. "Cheetos".

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chavez Jr returns!

I would think he would try to pass for a middleweight again..... dehydrating to 160 before ballooning up to 180-185. The only way he beats anyone decent is by outweighing them by 30 pounds. He's gonna need some undetectable diuretics, though. Ain't no way he's beating anyone his own size. Although if does get back in the ring with someone his own size, I'll be happy to add another recording to the Fonfara fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys suck, Chaves stepped up got his ass kicked but showed nothing but heart, same as he did fighting Martinez but this last time against a very heavy handed Fonfara.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    You guys suck, Chaves stepped up got his ass kicked but showed nothing but heart, same as he did fighting Martinez but this last time against a very heavy handed Fonfara.
    He got dropped got up n fought but then quit. He went on to complain about his opponent outweighing him. This after he grossly outweighed all of his opponents.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem is all the good fighters stop fighting good competition and start looking at the cash cow and stall their career in the hope of fighting Junior.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that is a fair assessment, except for that 'you guys suck' comment. It takes all kinds to make the boxing world an interesting place and Chavez Jr. has as much right to be there as anyone else. I'm interested to see how he does in his next fight, if there is one. He did quit on his stool, but that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned, it means he has a brain.
    I hope he starts listening to his father, but it seems like he does not get along with JCC Sr. Some of us think he is taking up time and space needed by other fighters but I think there is plenty of room for a character like Chavez Jr. He had me shaking my head when he said he thought he won his last fight.
    I still don't know who 'Cheetos' is.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I think that is a fair assessment, except for that 'you guys suck' comment. It takes all kinds to make the boxing world an interesting place and Chavez Jr. has as much right to be there as anyone else. I'm interested to see how he does in his next fight, if there is one. He did quit on his stool, but that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned, it means he has a brain.
    I hope he starts listening to his father, but it seems like he does not get along with JCC Sr. Some of us think he is taking up time and space needed by other fighters but I think there is plenty of room for a character like Chavez Jr. He had me shaking my head when he said he thought he won his last fight.
    I still don't know who 'Cheetos' is.
    Marcos 'Dorado/Cheetos' Reyes

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He showed heart against Martinez but nothing else. I love how Chavez fans cling onto that last round because he knocked Martinez down. Macklin dropped Martinez. Williams dropped Martinez. Pavlik dropped Martinez. Murray dropped him twice. Cotto dropped him 4 times. And every one of those guys won more rounds against Martinez than Chavez did, and he was much bigger than all of them on fight night.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    He got dropped got up n fought but then quit. He went on to complain about his opponent outweighing him. This after he grossly outweighed all of his opponents.

Thus evaporating one of those ignorant myths about quitting being a nationality thing.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's enumerate the major points, shall we?

1. First time he fights someone he doesn't grossly outweigh.... and he gets dropped on his fat ass.

2. He quit on his stool. (Poof!)

3. He was leading with his head the whole fight, hoping maybe to gore Fonfara to death.

4. He whined about 57 times to the referee about Fonfara.

5. He actually said OUT LOUD after the fight that he thought he was winning the fight.

You're right about Junior being a character, @beenKOed . I'm just not sure there should be room in boxing for someone who thoroughly disrespects the sport and has lived off his daddy's name as long as he has. Add me to the list of those who think he is taking up time and space...... and publicity..... and oxygen..... needed by other fighters. When he leaves, good riddance. If not, I'll anxiously await his next lesson in professional boxing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm not a big fan of chaves, so trash away, I just don't think he's done anything every other fighter does fighting below his class do deserve it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Let's enumerate the major points, shall we?

1. First time he fights someone he doesn't grossly outweigh.... and he gets dropped on his fat ass.

2. He quit on his stool. (Poof!)

3. He was leading with his head the whole fight, hoping maybe to gore Fonfara to death.

4. He whined about 57 times to the referee about Fonfara.

5. He actually said OUT LOUD after the fight that he thought he was winning the fight.

You're right about Junior being a character, @beenKOed . I'm just not sure there should be room in boxing for someone who thoroughly disrespects the sport and has lived off his daddy's name as long as he has. Add me to the list of those who think he is taking up time and space...... and publicity..... and oxygen..... needed by other fighters. When he leaves, good riddance. If not, I'll anxiously await his next lesson in professional boxing.
    You know, this is bullshit! There's a Likes Button, but no Dislikes Button. Why is that and who's the dumbass that forgot it? I could really use one right now. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My personal bias ... if Gatti can fight Ward with a fucked up hand, I don't get how Chavez quit ...

But that's just me.
    R.I.P. Diego "Chico" CorralesHidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Apparently he is back in July and is fighting a guy nicknamed "Cheetos" Wondering if he just scanned the opponents list and went with what was on his mind?

Seriously though..seems like a quick return after what Fonfara put on him. Really wonder where his head is at as he was as sloppy in body as he was in the way he fought. Haymon is going to make us sit through this grazing heifer again but I think he is totally done. Certainly will not be at middleweight, the current residence of one Mr. "Cheetos".

They have hired Garcia as his new trainer. We all know how disciplined his fighters have been lately. I just dont understand the investment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sr is in better shape than him

Thread Information