Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao v Terence Crawford

Manny Pacquiao could face Terence Crawford in Bahrain this year, says Bob Arum

Manny Pacquiao is in “serious talks” over a title fight with undefeated WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford, according to Bob Arum.

Pacquiao, 41, currently holds the WBA super welterweight title after defeating Keith Thurman last year.

Crawford meanwhile beat Egidijus Kavaliauskas last time out and has held the WBO strap since stepping up in weight and stopping Jeff Horn in 2018.

Speaking to iFL TV Arum said: “We hope to get [Terence] Crawford and [Manny] Pacquiao in action this year through our friends at MTK.

“We're in serious talks with Bahrain, doing major fights there.”

Talking about the prospect of heading to Bahrain for the fight, Arum added: “Well, let's see what happens. Everybody wants to do these events until the time comes to put up the money.

“But I think with Bahrain we have a good shot to get it done.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/man...092900393.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Terence Crawford

If this fight came off, it would be the “grow old in the ring” fight for Manny.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    If this fight came off, it would be the “grow old in the ring” fight for Manny.
    A passing of a new torch, since Floyd walked off with the old torch. lolol....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this does happen, I wonder if Pacquiao knows he is done. I thought that this fight should have happened years ago to pass the torch but never came off. I thought that Crawford would definitely beat him a few years back. I can’t imagine Pacquiao winning now. Pacquiao is getting old (although still a solid fighter) and would be fighting a very skilled fighter in his prime.

This may be controversial, but I don’t think that Bud is that far below the Mayweather that beat Pacquiao, and we see how that ended up.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it manny’s swan song? Big pay day from Bahrain? I can’t see Manny winning but I give him credit for taking it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny has gotten older but I'm actually better with this now than a couple of years ago. Still have the feeling that it'll all catch up to Manny but honestly Crawford needs this 'mega event' and cred heavy scalp. Crawford was informed he was human last fight out getting hurt and dropped and fighting sloppy but he does a bad number on Manny me thinks and could see a great fighter finally fizzle for good.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny would be TC toughest foe at 147..I hope this fight happens.

Manny has 6 rounds in him and likes to fight..Manny could walk away forever but he likes to do this.

Sick of Crawford talking but zero action.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting fight, but not my top pick for either guy. Agree that Bud should be favored but that Manny is a live underdog. Can see a case where inactivity and looking past Manny results in an upset- no matter what, Manny is still pretty damn fast, is awkward, and can still crack. I’m just ready to start watching fights again...

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Interesting fight, but not my top pick for either guy. Agree that Bud should be favored but that Manny is a live underdog. Can see a case where inactivity and looking past Manny results in an upset- no matter what, Manny is still pretty damn fast, is awkward, and can still crack. I’m just ready to start watching fights again...
    This!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was surprised as to how Manny moved in his title fight with Thurman and Crawford is a fighter moist cherry pickers avoid until it is time to shit or get off the pot. Manny has moves and power and he has experience, Crawford has talent and he is ambitious and alert. On paper without considerin age he may have the edge but remember Bernard Hopkins? He and Forman went past that age limitation but Hopkins like Manny was around and not inactive to the point where someone had to saqy get up off your ass. Should manny lose this time it wouldn'f be because he's helpless but he won't spank the younger Crawford. I give the edge to Terence but my sentiments with the smaller Manny and with hime miracles in the ring seem to hang above him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford could face Manny Pacquiao and will fight within four months, says Arum

Terence Crawford is likely to return to the ring in September or October and a fight against Manny Pacquiao is the preferred option, says his promoter Bob Arum.

American Crawford, who is the WBO welterweight champion and undefeated in 36 career bouts, ideally wishes to return when spectators are allowed back into venues once the coronavirus pandemic has eased sufficiently.

Pacquiao, 41, was previously a Top Rank fighter like Crawford but did not face him during that period.

His last fight was a split decision victory over Keith Thurman in July 2019, while Crawford, who is seeking a high-profile contest, stopped Egidijus Kavaliauskas in December.

The other options to fight Crawford are Kell Brook, Yordenis Ugas, Shawn Porter and Thurman.

"We're going to have Terence fight in September, or October, period," Arum said, per ESPN.

"We're looking to either match him with Pacquiao, Kell Brook, Ugas or Porter."

Of facing Pacquiao, Arum added to talkSPORT: "That's the opponent that I would most like Terence to fight, and I think he would.

"Now, that requires a lot of money and we've had proposals from the Mid-East.

"I don't know whether the Mid-East venues will allow spectators this year, they may not allow it until there's a vaccine. That is the problem.

"We're hamstrung because none of these [venues] want to commit to a fight this year because of the coronavirus.

"Otherwise, we have to look for Terence Crawford to fight a major welterweight. There are a number that are possibilities. Thurman, Porter or this kid Ugas, the Cuban who is a good, good welterweight.

"They're with Al [Haymon's] company PBC, but we're working well together with that company, so I don't think that'll be a problem.

"And then finally there is Kell Brook, whose management contacts me on almost a weekly basis.

"So the first possibility is Pacquiao, if that's possible. Second possibility is a fight against one of Al's guys. And the third possibility is Kell Brook if we can get him in the United States."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ter...112653084.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope it isn’t Brook. Brook a few years ago would have been good, but now he isn’t a great option. Pacquiao, Ugas, or Porter would all be solid fights though.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it happens, Crawford actually is in a lose-lose scenario. Pac has done far too much for far too long for this to be seen as anything other than a swan-fight.
    Crawford stops him? Pac is old- Would I buy that? Hell yes- I would even sell it myself!

If Pac goes the distance- but loses, Crawford can be depicted as fizzled, not flame. Young fighter with no fire to match Pac's. He had to go the distance with a 40+ year old fighter JMM stopped?

Only way I can see Bud getting any respect- is if Pac is on fire that night, moving, sticking, but figured out every other round...and if he wins a fire fight where Pac looks good- then we can say- Just imagine if Pac had fought him 3,4 years ago- Oh he would've stopped Bud!

Not sure who could fight Pac & win, that I would give them the credit for beating the Filipino Dream Fighter.

I digress, I would watch it though!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 06-18-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    If it happens, Crawford actually is in a lose-lose scenario. Pac has done far too much for far too long for this to be seen as anything other than a swan-fight.
    Crawford stops him? Pac is old- Would I buy that? Hell yes- I would even sell it myself!

If Pac goes the distance- but loses, Crawford can be depicted as fizzled, not flame. Young fighter with no fire to match Pac's. He had to go the distance with a 40+ year old fighter JMM stopped?

Only way I can see Bud getting any respect- is if Pac is on fire that night, moving, sticking, but figured out every other round...and if he wins a fire fight where Pac looks good- then we can say- Just imagine if Pac had fought him 3,4 years ago- Oh he would've stopped Bud!

Not sure who could fight Pac & win, that I would give them the credit for beating the Filipino Dream Fighter.

I digress, I would watch it though!
    I disagree. I think beating Pacquiao (especially if he easily wins) boosts him big time with casual fans. That in turn will make him an even bigger draw. And knowledgeable fans know at least that Pacquiao is still a solid fighter and it would be a good win. If Crawford struggles but still wins then it probably looks a little worse.

Thread Information