Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre Ward

Its great to see him fighting again and with Kovalev looking likely for November what do we see in the future for Andre Ward. In both scenarios win and lose v Kovalev.

If he wins will he stay at LHW and try to unify? Im sure a fight with Adonis would be big money or will he go back down to 168 and try to draw GGG up. Im sure GGG v Ward would be worth a lot more money should Ward beat Kov?

If he loses to Kov what will he do? Retire and focus on commentating? Blame the loss on size and campaign again at 168? Id have a feeling if he loses hed be like Naz and give up the game.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward

He ain't going to fight Kov for shit, his next fight will be against Danny Garcia or Adrian Broner...remember big guys don't fight each other these days.

But in reality I think Kov wins and Ward retires

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Id have a feeling if he loses hed be like Naz and give up the game.
    I don't think you can compare the two, if Ward does give up the game he will be 33 years old, thats a respectable age to knock it on the head I think, Naz was only about 27 wasn't he?

Naz could have bounced back from it but his ego wouldn't allow it

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Stevenson want to fight anyone? I'd give him basically no chance against Kov or Ward anyways, but maybe he'll need to try and cash out by then, pushing 40 and all. This is really THE fight to be made at 175, hard to know what the winner could do to keep momentum.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward would carry on even if he loses to Kovalev. He could try and take on Adonis after the loss.

Ward moving down to super middle would be more interesting. There are more challengers there for him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its great to see him fighting again and with Kovalev looking likely for November what do we see in the future for Andre Ward. In both scenarios win and lose v Kovalev.

If he wins will he stay at LHW and try to unify? Im sure a fight with Adonis would be big money or will he go back down to 168 and try to draw GGG up. Im sure GGG v Ward would be worth a lot more money should Ward beat Kov?

If he loses to Kov what will he do? Retire and focus on commentating? Blame the loss on size and campaign again at 168? Id have a feeling if he loses hed be like Naz and give up the game.
    If he wins ? The fuck outta here. He'll destroy Kovalev. It will be a mismatch. And he'll destroy GGG.
    Last edited by denilson200; 07-11-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

If he wins ? The fuck outta here. He'll destroy Kovalev. It will be a mismatch. And he'll destroy GGG
    He would beat GGG but do not think he can beat Kov. If he does then he will become a legend.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

If he wins ? The fuck outta here. He'll destroy Kovalev. It will be a mismatch. And he'll destroy GGG
    He would beat GGG but do not think he can beat Kov. If he does then he will become a legend.
    Name me any time in recent history (Last 40 years.......hell I'll give you 50 years) that an elite black fighter in his prime has lost to a white fighter
    Last edited by denilson200; 07-11-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Name me any time in recent history (Last 40 years.......hell I'll give you 50 years) that an elite black fighter in his prime has lost to a white fighter
    If Ward loses you would say he was not in his prime.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Ward loses you would say he was not in his prime.
    It won't happen.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly, How do we know Ward is in his prime still?
    Secondly, Why is there a time limit on it? if it's impossible for prime white fighters to beat prime black fighters, then time doesn't matter, no?
    oh, I see , it's so you can discount Lamotta , Marciano & Johansson amongst others.
    ok , what about :
    Coetzee - Dokes
    Quarry - Shavers amongst others
    Wlad - Haye
    Collins - Eubank
    Pac - Mosley
    Pac - Bradley
    Calzaghe - Lacy (Yes , Lacy was seen as Elite and in his prime till Calzaghe exposed him.)

and there are White guys on that list that I can't fucking stand , so don't think this is some kind of fanfare for the White popular front!
    so fucking pick the bones out of that list BRO!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Secondly, Why is there a time limit on it? if it's impossible for prime white fighters to beat prime black fighters, then time doesn't matter, no?
    oh, I see , it's so you can discount Lamotta , Marciano & Johansson amongst others.
    ok , what about :
    Coetzee - Dokes
    Wlad - Haye
    Collins - Eubank
    Pac - Mosley
    Pac - Bradley
    Calzaghe - Lacy (Yes , Lacy was seen as Elite and in his prime till Calzaghe exposed him.)

and there are White guys on that list that I can't fucking stand , so don't think this is some kind of fanfare for the White popular front!
    The last thing I would ever want to do is side with Denison, in fact I don't agree with his point, but you are crazy loose with your use of "white", "prime" and "elite"

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for the OP, if Ward wins I don't know what the hell he can do because GGG gave so many excuses. Cleaning out 160, umm, you tried to fight Steiglitz, Chavez, and Froch at varying weights above 160 and now you fight Brook. None of these things have anything to do with 160. It seems 160 only mattered when Wards name came up. In fact, I remember "anyone from 154-175" the 175 fighters said let's do it then it became "anyone from 154-168" so. BS

And also "we aren't a big enough name yet" then "we are too big a name" for Ward. Yes, they had the nerve to use BOTH!

"Maybe in 2015" and when 2015 came "maybe in 2017". Umm, GGG had so many big fights lined up he had to plan 2 years in advance? People want to call Canelo out for his 2017 crap, GGG pulled it first!

Ward listened to excuses for years and they told him maybe in 2 more years but we want part of your check. GTFOOHWTN

I'd be surprised if Ward ever looked at GGG again. I hope he does because if he beats Kovalev GGG/Ward at 170 is the fight to make. But I doubt it

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

ok , what about :
    Coetzee - Dokes
    Wlad - Haye
    Collins - Eubank
    Pac - Mosley
    Pac - Bradley

The last thing I would ever want to do is side with Denison, in fact I don't agree with his point, but you are crazy loose with your use of "white", "prime" and "elite"
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing and with it , we can discount any theory going!
    Coetzee - Dokes

I think Coetzee is white. Dokes was a top HW at the time and in his prime.

Quarry was White. Shavers had enough KO's against top guys for some people on this forum (not me) to rate him as the "hardest punching HW ever", and the "most dangerous HW of his time."

Wlad - Haye

Wlad was White (still is if I'm not mistaken) and Haye was HW champion of the World. How much more "Elite" and "in your Prime " do you need to be?

Collins - Eubank

Collins is definitely White. Infact , he looks like a fucking Milk Bottle! Eubank again , was World Champion, and we're only saying he wasn't in his prime because Collins beat him. (It is killing me to say this because I can't fucking stand Collins!)

Pac - Mosley

So what colour is Pac? Black ? Green? Blue? and Ok Mosley may not have been P4P #1 at the time, so prime is out the window, but he was still a worthy opponent and I would say elite.

Pac - Bradley

Bradley-Prime? why not? like I said Hindsight is a wonderful thing , but he was still beating all comers, and as for elite, of course he was elite, he was consistently top 5 P4P at the time. How much more elite do you need to be?

Calzaghe is white. and I've already explained above my reasoning for Lacy.

Yeah , with hindsight , we can dispel all of these , but in the context of @denilson200's argument , I don't think that should be the case.
    the fact that Lamotta beat SRR should be the end of his stupid claim anyway, regardless of how many times SRR beat Lamotta.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Andre Ward not half cast? I dont get all this race shite on this site? Andre Ward is the son of an Irish Man. Fuck the lot of ye Im counting him as Irish and gonna back Denilson and say when in history has a white fighter beaten a slick Irish fighter like Ward

Thread Information