Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma vs Rigo finalized Dec 9th

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taken from twitter. A Rigo routine. Who knows, maybe he watched Rocky films and was inspired.

https://t.co/3jFRU4qJJo

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo is going to be ready, willing and able to this. I will be rooting for him to pull this upset.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Taken from twitter. A Rigo routine. Who knows, maybe he watched Rocky films and was inspired.

https://t.co/3jFRU4qJJo
    Good little routine to work on proprioception. Fits perfectly with how he will intend to fight, quick movements and immediate counters.

Rigo needs to be scary good the first couple rounds or Loma takes control. If Rigo can make him hesitant though, maybe, just maybe...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight just doesn’t excite me. One old inactive man moving up two weight classes, he’ll be on the defensive all night being outworked and losing rounds. This fight is going the distance and it’ll be a snooze unless you’re a fan of seeing Loma taunt a smaller man for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    This fight just doesn’t excite me. One old inactive man moving up two weight classes, he’ll be on the defensive all night being outworked and losing rounds. This fight is going the distance and it’ll be a snooze unless you’re a fan of seeing Loma taunt a smaller man for 12 rounds.
    You are forgetting that Rigo is a highly skilled and awarded boxer which makes this fight very interesting.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Master he is a great boxer and probably better than Loma pound for pound but he’s a lot smaller, he’s a lot older and I just don’t think he can keep the Ukrainian off of him. Loma will win it on workrate because he’ll be able to just keep walking forward and throwing punches

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Master he is a great boxer and probably better than Loma pound for pound but he’s a lot smaller, he’s a lot older and I just don’t think he can keep the Ukrainian off of him. Loma will win it on workrate because he’ll be able to just keep walking forward and throwing punches
    You probably are right but the fact that Rigo is willing to take the risk tells me he is confident and taking the biggest and dangerous fights out there. If Rigo pulls this off he will be the best.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you’re going to be upset if you’re rooting for Rigo as I expect Loma to billy and taunt him. Rigo skills will mean he won’t get a beating but he’ll lose Wide I reckon

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you’re going to be upset if you’re rooting for Rigo as I expect Loma to billy and taunt him. Rigo skills will mean he won’t get a beating but he’ll lose Wide I reckon
    I think that would be a moral victory for Rigo. I would take that.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think that would be a moral victory for Rigo. I would take that.
    Fuck Moral victories and accepting defeat. Rigo will fancy it. I could be way off here, but I don't see Rigo being a lamb to the slaughter here.
    He is very highly skilled and awkward and a great counter puncher. I think he may give Loma (who I think is fantastic btw) a lot to think about and could even make him look a bit silly.
    Also , until I see them stood face to face, I'm not overly convinced about this "massive size difference."
    Rigo has a reach advantage.
    I'm not 100% convinced Rigo will win, but it wouldn't desperately surprise me. I find the fight intriguing and am looking forward to it.
    Like I said, I could be way off beam on this one.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way that Rigo (or one of his team) talk on twitter, they are confident.

People that Rigo has fought that probably belong in Featherweight are Garcia, Teon Kennedy, Jazza Dickens
    Rigo either couldn't put them away quickly or at all, so he's go to be looking at dancing for twelve and counterpunching, not letting himself be caught on the ropes or in corners
    Bodyshots and headshots from distance, but Rigo is good on the inside as well

Rigo doesn't telegraph punches as much as others, i.e. the glove moves from its position instead of a backward movement first.

Loma has to be discouraged quickly, otherwise as you say, he'll just march forward for 12 rounds moving from side to side swarming Rigo, cutting him down.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    The way that Rigo (or one of his team) talk on twitter, they are confident.

People that Rigo has fought that probably belong in Featherweight are Garcia, Teon Kennedy, Jazza Dickens
    Rigo either couldn't put them away quickly or at all, so he's go to be looking at dancing for twelve and counterpunching, not letting himself be caught on the ropes or in corners
    Bodyshots and headshots from distance, but Rigo is good on the inside as well

Rigo doesn't telegraph punches as much as others, i.e. the glove moves from its position instead of a backward movement first.

Loma has to be discouraged quickly, otherwise as you say, he'll just march forward for 12 rounds moving from side to side swarming Rigo, cutting him down.
    You are right, Rigo has no "tell" with his punches and that is why he beats most of his opponents. Donnaire had no clue how to handle him.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great to see it's sold out. The closer the fight gets the more excited I am for this one.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a fantastic fight two master boxers a true fight for the purist Rigo is brilliant but he is 36 and a bit on the small side
    in this fight Lomo is at the top of his game bigger and younger I favour Lomo cant wait.

Thread Information