Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Which console will you buy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which console are you going to get?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Which console are you going to get?

Pro's and cons to each. For me xbox 1 is over priced at 429 and they have sealed their own fate by not allowing 2nd hand games. Too much greed in every aspect but lets see what exclusives they get

Ps4 is more generous at 350 but during the AC reveal the game crashed & rumour is you need to be connected to the net at all times even single player. Game trailers look good

Wii u isnt as powerful as the other two but uk profit increased by 800% when the xbox 1 was revealed. Despite slower than expected sales it still outsold the ps3 and 360 in their opening 6 months and with some quality games on the way it wouldn't surprise me if it was a big seller this xmas.

What you guys getting?
    Last edited by GAME; 06-12-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which console are you going to get?

Not sure yet. I did plan on getting the Xbox One but it doesn't sound great. The fact that they're coding it so you can't play second hand games and can't even lend games is rubbish. You have to be online at all times, you have to sign in once every 24 hours. It sounds too restrictive. I'll have to wait and see if Sony pull anything like this before I decide, but I'm leaning towards the PS4.

I did find this quite funny in response to the whole "you can't lend games on Xbox One".

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a PS2 donated to me and a PS3 as a present, I would never pay for it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Pro's and cons to each. For me xbox 1 is over priced at 429 and they have sealed their own fate by not allowing 2nd hand games. Too much greed in every aspect but lets see what exclusives they get

Ps4 is more generous at 350 but during the AC reveal the game crashed & rumour is you need to be connected to the net at all times even single player. Game trailers look good

Wii u isnt as powerful as the other two but uk profit increased by 800% when the xbox 1 was revealed. Despite slower than expected sales it still outsold the ps3 and 360 in their opening 6 months and with some quality games on the way it wouldn't surprise me if it was a big seller this xmas.

What you guys getting?
    There are decent chances publishers will be more likely to go exclusive with xbox with the DRM, as you are implying there is a relationship between the two. They (publishers) stand to make more profits.

This stance is way more Apple-like than Msft-like. Msft has always been the more "open" in it's stance on it's product and usages. Disappointing, I think; I avoid Apple because I don't like how closed their products are.
    Last edited by elcolibri; 06-13-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No votes so far for the Xbox? Personally its a close run thing, and depending on how things change up until the release date, then my opinion could change, but at the moment I think a PS4. I've tended to flit back and forth between consoles, and my lounge is pretty small, so the inclusion of Kinect doesn't mean too much to me.

At the moment I'll go for the PS4, on price and flexibility. Now its up to Microsoft to change my mind.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PS4 for sure. I love my PS3 and think it is arguably the greatest creation since the Cabbage Patch dolls. Also, you have Naughty Dog making games for Playstation and those Xbox types are losers for having to be logging in everyday and missing out on the likes of Uncharted 2 and soon to be released The Last of US.

I buy a game and I want to put it in and play it. Sod all this online and play with your virtual friends nonsense. Give me my game and story and let me be. They will only hand over your online messages to the NSA anyway and as a non-American non-human they will likely drone attack your home as a result.

It's a relatively private Sony Playstation 4 for me.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

tight twat
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PS4 all the way

Though given 80% of my game play is playing FIFA online and that comes out for PS3 at the end of September it may be that I leave it a few months this time.

Not had xbox since 2005ish - do you still have to pay to play online ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one wants the XBox One...

Would any of you change your mind if one/some of your favorite PS titles went exclusive to XBox unexpectedly?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just get them all

but to be honest if I really had time to play games i'd just get a decent gaming computer and get myself on Welcome to Steam cheap games top titles and no disks... its the future of gaming IMHO

my kids have every console going but very rarely use anything other than their steam account.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    PS4 all the way

Though given 80% of my game play is playing FIFA online and that comes out for PS3 at the end of September it may be that I leave it a few months this time.

Not had xbox since 2005ish - do you still have to pay to play online ?
    Yeah it is and the other mistake theyve made is that the x box 1 is not backwards compatible so you cant play your old 360 games on it. If you are fortunate/ sad enough to log on every single day then only friends that have been on your friends list for 30 days minimum can use your games which then comes at an additional fee.
    Someone senior at microsoft said if you dont like online play then continue to use your 360. What a way to reward your loyal consumers....
    I have a feeling they will backtrack on some of these restrictions cuz of the backlash
    Last edited by GAME; 06-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tight twat
    I would say you are wasting your money and an idiot but it seems @Saddo is far worse than you. I would force the kids to play after buying all those consoles.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tight twat
    I would say you are wasting your money and an idiot but it seems @Saddo is far worse than you. I would force the kids to play after buying all those consoles.
    listen I learnt very early on the better I make the kids rooms the less time they will be in my face so its worth every penny

El Kabong Guest

If I get one it will be a PS4, but right now I use my PS3 more for watching movies than anything else...I play the occasional game on there but eh, I'll think about it. Right now I'm at the point I'd rather buy a suit than a gaming console....although I could buy quite a few PS4's for how much a fine Brooks Brothers suit would cost me (still a goal of mine to own one though).

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can watch movies on PS3?

Thread Information