Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Brook does not deserve Khan..

So eddie hearn is trying to secure a berto, peterson or vargas fight for brooks next fight...why not bradley or garcia.?

Brook MUST fight garcia and the winner of thurman vs porter this year and stop taking the easy route...sick of it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vargas said they have to come to the States, Hearn said they still like that fight. Meanwhile Spence said he would travel, crickets.

Hearn has basically already said they would vacate before fighting Spence when he said 2 fights and on to154. It's sad the way boxing is these days. The worst thing for your career is to demonstrate you might be good. Nobody wants to fight someone good.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook does not deserve Khan..

Vargas isn't a terrible fight but definitely not great by any means since the WW division is stacked with solid fighters. There is no reason he shouldn't be fighting a Top 5 WW.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vargas as in Jesse Vargas ? That would be a pretty good match up I think, I would like to see that!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does "deserve" even mean in this sport? If ever there was word butchered by application it’s that word in relationship to this sport.

And btw, you don’t see the irony is using Khan as some kind of bar?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook needs some balls and get into a big fight now, no excuses. Eddie and Kell have been hanging on the coattails of Khan when they should have moved on past Amir, especially after the victory over Porter.

Brooks would be embarrassed if he avoids the Spence fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence doesn't "deserve" Brook.... if we're going down that pathetic road.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Spence is beating fighters to become the mandatory so he deserves the fight against Kell.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Point taken, but if Spence beats on more solid fighter, the difference between his resume and Brooks would be about 8 years of dick all and little else, and he is in line for the mandatory spot. Will Brook give up his title if he can't get a Khan fight?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Point taken, but if Spence beats on more solid fighter, the difference between his resume and Brooks would be about 8 years of dick all and little else, and he is in line for the mandatory spot. Will Brook give up his title if he can't get a Khan fight?
    I don't understand. Why would he give his title up if he doesn't get Khan ?Brook's title is all he's got.
    As far as I'm concerned Khan can keep doing his circus acts, I don't really give a fuck about him because he's a pretty "plastic" WW as far as I'm concerned.
    Brook needs to fight next, Garcia, Thurman, Manny or Spence. Nobody else is accpetable in my book.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I don't understand. Why would he give his title up if he doesn't get Khan ?Brook's title is all he's got.
    As far as I'm concerned Khan can keep doing his circus acts, I don't really give a fuck about him because he's a pretty "plastic" WW as far as I'm concerned.
    Brook needs to fight next, Garcia, Thurman, Manny or Spence. Nobody else is accpetable in my book.
    Brooks needs the title to entice Khan to fight him as Amir does not have a belt. Khan wants to avenge his loss to Garcia and does not want to give Kell a payday which is a bit pathetic.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's what I mean, Spence is or is going to be his mandatory. If Brook can't get Khan and has to take that fight to keep his belt, think he will? I don't know how big a draw Brook is, but Spence won't be a payday and that's a really tough fight, hard to be optimistic give the guys career path so far.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's what I mean, Spence is or is going to be his mandatory. If Brook can't get Khan and has to take that fight to keep his belt, think he will? I don't know how big a draw Brook is, but Spence won't be a payday and that's a really tough fight, hard to be optimistic give the guys career path so far.
    Ah, understood. But I think he's allowed a fight before Spence. He needs that big name.
    I reckon what Hearn is trying to conjure up is the Vargas fight . Beat him, get the WBO Title and then he can drop the IBF Without having to face Spence.
    That's not good enough for me, like I said , one of the previously mentioned or nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Spence is beating fighters to become the mandatory so he deserves the fight against Kell.
    The point has gone over your head. What a surprise.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook/Eddie get around 75% of the wonga if Spence becomes the mandatory and the fight goes to purse bids. Why would they possibly swerve that? They have complete control of negotiations to make a killing.

Thread Information