Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: difference between floyd and other running fighters?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default difference between floyd and other running fighters?

Lamont peterson vs danny Garcia.........People say Lamont ran all night....IMO he did what floyd does. Juke, jump back really far and all this other stuff to avoid being hit.

So why is it when floyd does it he is TBE and displaying the sweet science, but anyone else is just a runner?

RiGo, Roy, ali, mike, sweet pea, srl, bernard and many others would stand right infront of you utilizing headmovment and blocking ability to avoid punches and land punches. That is how "pretty boy" floyd faught, But Money Mayweather sucks balls.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: difference between floyd and other running fighters?

What baffles me when people say Floyd runs, is that he throws enough punches to win nearly every round he boxes. So how is that construed as running? He threw more punches than Manny (and was twice as accurate!) now Manny throws a lot of 6 & 8 punch combos, so in the rest of the time when he's not throwing, surely he's running isn't he? No, he's not, he's taking punches.
    When Peterson danced a lot v Garcia, it looks good, the difference is he never threw enough scoring punches, you have to do that as well and THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE between what he did and what Floyd did.
    Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, connecting more than you are receiving, and nobody is better at that than Floyd, and that is what makes Him an ATG.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think the OP watched Sweet Pea. Because Sweet Pea moved far far far more than Floyd. It's just a hate thread by a poor sport.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    Lamont peterson vs danny Garcia.........People say Lamont ran all night....IMO he did what floyd does. Juke, jump back really far and all this other stuff to avoid being hit.

So why is it when floyd does it he is TBE and displaying the sweet science, but anyone else is just a runner?

RiGo, Roy, ali, mike, sweet pea, srl, bernard and many others would stand right infront of you utilizing headmovment and blocking ability to avoid punches and land punches. That is how "pretty boy" floyd faught, But Money Mayweather sucks balls.
    I don't where you been,but Ali moved PLENTY ...
    So did SRL,think I'm bullshitting,watch the Hagler fight.

Pernell Wittaker moved plenty on occasion as well.

Floyd stood right in front of Pactrash with HIS HANDS DOWN most of the fight.

If anybody sucks balls it's your hating,blindfolded ass.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don't think the OP watched Sweet Pea. Because Sweet Pea moved far far far more than Floyd. It's just a hate thread by a poor sport.
    Tell him about it.

Ali moved more in one fight than Floyd does in three.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    What baffles me when people say Floyd runs, is that he throws enough punches to win nearly every round he boxes. So how is that construed as running? He threw more punches than Manny (and was twice as accurate!) now Manny throws a lot of 6 & 8 punch combos, so in the rest of the time when he's not throwing, surely he's running isn't he? No, he's not, he's taking punches.
    When Peterson danced a lot v Garcia, it looks good, the difference is he never threw enough scoring punches, you have to do that as well and THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE between what he did
    and what Floyd did.
    Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, connecting more than you are receiving, and nobody is better at that than Floyd, and that is what makes Him an ATG.
    I agree, Peterson was throwing very little while Floyd was fighting and retreating.
    Peterson looked to be running because he was wasn't throwing enough punches. I'm so glad Peterson lost that fight, because if boxing ever gets to the point where a fighter can dance around the ring and win rounds by avoiding punches, I'll be watching MMA exclusively.
    Ali was a master at retreating and throwing punches at the same time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RiGo, Roy, ali, mike, sweet pea, srl, bernard
    You honestly believe those guys never ran before? You need to go back and watch more than the "classics".
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    You honestly believe those guys never ran before? You need to go back and watch more than the "classics".
    ran before and running all the time are two different things

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't know shit about boxing...or any physicall activity.

You're just bitter and butthurt.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did Mayweather outland Manny by almost double if he ran ALL THE TIME??!! @chris6878

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, Floyd hasn't always fought like this. He is old and has had to adjust his style. Second, he didn't run. I only consider it running if you don't throw punches like you mentioned in the Peterson Garcia fight. Peterson jumped around the ring avoiding punches but not throwing or landing. If you are landing consistently and making your opponent miss then I don't consider it running. Floyd didn't even back up the whole time. He circled a lot and sometimes stood in the middle of the ring. Again, if this weren't such a big fight and it weren't Floyd, most people wouldn't be saying anything about this fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    First off, Floyd hasn't always fought like this. He is old and has had to adjust his style. Second, he didn't run. I only consider it running if you don't throw punches like you mentioned in the Peterson Garcia fight. Peterson jumped around the ring avoiding punches but not throwing or landing. If you are landing consistently and making your opponent miss then I don't consider it running. Floyd didn't even back up the whole time. He circled a lot and sometimes stood in the middle of the ring. Again, if this weren't such a big fight and it weren't Floyd, most people wouldn't be saying anything about this fight.
    Dude...
    You need to watch some more Mayweather fights.

Floyd has always fought like that.

Watch the Oscar fight...then the Corely fight.

Floyd was on the ropes PLENTY in those bouts.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Dude...

I think Powerpuncher is on your side here, but you're a bit thick and can't see it! When Floyd was younger, he was pretty aggressive. I don't think he spent much time on the ropes against Corrales and Gatti. At 38, he has adjusted because he has the quality to do so. And like Powerpuncher said, if you're constantly landing, it's not really running, it's ringcraft.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point. I think the 'classics' skew peoples' perception of how the old greats fought and rate/compare them solely based on those fights or their highlight reels.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Dude...

I think Powerpuncher is on your side here, but you're a bit thick and can't see it! When Floyd was younger, he was pretty aggressive. I don't think he spent much time on the ropes against Corrales and Gatti. At 38, he has adjusted because he has the quality to do so. And like Powerpuncher said, if you're constantly landing, it's not really running, it's ringcraft.

THis 89 Honda.....I mean fake ass corvette with a body kit is just a wack troll. All he does is say lame ass comments calling people out there name, I bet he spends most of his time on youtube trolling in his moms basement and the other half jerking off to his wack ass comments.

Floyd was very aggressive like I said when he was pretty boy floyd.

Thread Information