Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brook deserves a Mayweather fight over Khan!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook deserves a Mayweather fight over Khan!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Brook deserves it more yes. There are a LOT of fighters that deserve it more.

I still want Khan to get it.

Khan woul give Mayweather more trouble than Brook would, Brook is made perfect for Mayweather an it is a 120-108 fight.

Khan offers something a little different.
    .... an exciting fight, relatively for Floyd, with a knockout on Khan. Which is not at all impossible.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Khans a bigger name than brook and will obviously generate more money. Brook and Thurman very well might beat Khan but they have absolutely no chance or beating floyd. Out the 3 of them Khan is the only 1 who could beat floyd IMO and I hope floyd picks the easy fight with brook or Thurman.
    Khan may be a bigger name, but is he a currant Champion NO, he had been KO twice his last
    fight he hardly set the World alight did he.
    Trouble with Khan is he is no welter weight, he will get sparked by the bigger punchers if he
    faces Brook, Kell will get to him and KO Khan.
    Bigger name = more money it's simple really. As for him not looking that great on his last fight he still won easy think I had it 9-3 or 8-4 and brooks last fight was against Gavin lol there's no way he should of been in the same ring as brook I actually felt sorry for Gavin watching the fight. I agree Kahn could get stopped by big punchers like Thurman etc but he's the only guy and I do mean only guy at 147 that's got a chance of beating floyd.
    Of course it's about the money Khan has no chin does he, as I said he did not empress in his last fight
    Brook is a good fighter, and a good Ingle fighter is very hard to beat.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook does deserve to fight Floyd more than Khan. Boxing is not about deserve it is about being with the right promoter, politics and money.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does not matter because Brook will lose so one sided that we will hate the fight from the opening bell. Might as well keep cashing out because no one going to be happy with who he fights. The only person would be GGG but to be far GGG full blown mw most likely bigger then that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans a bigger name than brook and will obviously generate more money. Brook and Thurman very well might beat Khan but they have absolutely no chance or beating floyd. Out the 3 of them Khan is the only 1 who could beat floyd IMO and I hope floyd picks the easy fight with brook or Thurman.
    Khan may be a bigger name, but is he a currant Champion NO, he had been KO twice his last
    fight he hardly set the World alight did he.
    Trouble with Khan is he is no welter weight, he will get sparked by the bigger punchers if he
    faces Brook, Kell will get to him and KO Khan.
    Bigger name = more money it's simple really. As for him not looking that great on his last fight he still won easy think I had it 9-3 or 8-4 and brooks last fight was against Gavin lol there's no way he should of been in the same ring as brook I actually felt sorry for Gavin watching the fight. I agree Kahn could get stopped by big punchers like Thurman etc but he's the only guy and I do mean only guy at 147 that's got a chance of beating floyd.
    Of course it's about the money Khan has no chin does he, as I said he did not empress in his last fight
    Brook is a good fighter, and a good Ingle fighter is very hard to beat.
    I honestly think people are a little hard on Khan for his chin he has took some monster shots I don't think his chin is the problem it's when he gets hurt he wants to trade and that's fucking nuts lol. Brook is a very good fighter but let's be real what's he going to do with floyd maybe win 2 or 3 rounds maximum that shits starting to get real boring.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally disagree with this one. Khan's performance against Alexander was more impressive than Brook's over Porter. Brook - Porter was a very close fight. Khan totally dominated Alexander. And yes I'm aware that Porter beat Alexsnder.

Ignoring both their best wins, Khan's level of opposition is far greater. I don't know how anyone can argue with that. Carson Jones, Jojo Dan and Frankie Gavin are his best wins. He still has work to do before be is more deserving than Khan.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I totally disagree with this one. Khan's performance against Alexander was more impressive than Brook's over Porter. Brook - Porter was a very close fight. Khan totally dominated Alexander. And yes I'm aware that Porter beat Alexsnder.

Ignoring both their best wins, Khan's level of opposition is far greater. I don't know how anyone can argue with that. Carson Jones, Jojo Dan and Frankie Gavin are his best wins. He still has work to do before be is more deserving than Khan.
    I would not call Brook-Porter a "close fight", more like a hotly contested fight. Brook never lost control of that fight at any time. Porter was game, but Brook had him all the way and won the fight the only way he could have.

Some times, close fights aren't really close. They may have good flashes of brilliance by both fighters, they may even have some moments when the eventual winner seems rocked and on the back foot. But when you weight it all out, it is more of a spirited contest than it was a close fight.

For another example, Ortiz/Berto was a close fight. Ortiz won by a thin decision. Oscar/Mosely was a hotly contested fight, where Mosely was just a little more up than Oscar was even though some may say that Oscar deserved the win just as much as Mosely did. But, really and truly, Mosely had controlled the fight from start to finish.
    Last edited by ykdadamaja; 06-14-2015 at 10:18 PM.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

I would not call Brook-Porter a "close fight", more like a hotly contested fight. Brook never lost control of that fight at any time. Porter was game, but Brook had him all the way and won the fight the only way he could have.

Some times, close fights aren't really close. They may have good flashes of brilliance by both fighters, they may even have some moments when the eventual winner seems rocked and on the back foot. But when you weight it all out, it is more of a spirited contest than it was a close fight.

For another example, Ortiz/Berto was a close fight. Ortiz won by a thin decision. Oscar/Mosely was a hotly contested fight, where Mosely was just a little more up than Oscar was even though some may say that Oscar deserved the win just as much as Mosely did. But, really and truly, Mosely had controlled the fight from start to finish.
    Well, scoring is subjective really anyway but I was surprised Brook got the verdict when I watched it. Partly because Porter was the house fighter, but also because there wasn't much in the fight. It ebbed and flowed. I think the majority of the press row had Brook winning. I think it was something like 49-9 with two scoring it a draw. Porter only landed 4 less punches and threw a lot more so looked the busier fighter throughout.

Regardless, I still think there was much more daylight between Khan and Alexander than there was between Brook and Porter. I don't think that can be argued. And despite what happened when Porter and Alexander fought, I do see them as being of similar standard - I think Porter's aggression was always going to allow him to outwork someone like Alexander.

So when you also take into consideration the remainder of their respective opposition, Khan has fought much stronger opposition.

That aside, I do think Brook beats Khan, but I also think Khan gives Mayweather more problems than Brook does. He won't come close to beating him, but his volume and speed will mean that Floyd had to work a little more than he likes to.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook-Porter wasn't really that close unless you was scoring for Porter lunging forward, smothering his own work and wildly hitting air all night whilst constantly getting smacked in the mouth. Jim Watt was doing my head in scoring for Porter.

That win though trumps anything Khan has done at welter - although Khan's record is deeper overall, he's more "famous" and it would be nice for him to get the fight just so he shuts the fuck up about it.

Porter would beat Khan (imo). He wouldn't be strong enough to keep him at bay
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think anyone would argue Brook has an awful resume. But he can bring the undisputed title if Floyd chooses to hold onto his belts. Going out the undisputed WW champion would be the best way by FAR for Floyd to go out if he wants to fight a WW. Legacy wise the only thing that could top it would be fighting GGG at MW. But the sport isn't about legacy sadly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan says Floyd Mayweather Jr might dilute his own legacy | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Khan will try anything to lure Floyd into the ring. At the same time he keeps saying Brook doesn't deserve a fight with him (Khan). He also claims he knows what the fans want... and that's a fight between himself and Floyd.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boxers are so interested in getting a fight that the fans will find shit

mayweather being as big as he is in america just shows how few elite american fighters there are
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tbe!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    tbe!!!!!!!!!!!
    the bell end?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Deserving" has never been an ideal practiced by Floyd. @Fenster nailed it. Floyd is not taking any risks now and I'd even add Khan to that risk.

Thread Information