Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default We need a clean up...

We know Foyd is the man at Jr Welter to Jr Middle. Ain't no question about it. We know Wlad is the champ at HW. No questions about it.

But, what about the LH division, Super Middle and Middle? Questions are still out there about who exactly is the best??

Sure, Ward can be said to be the Super Middle Champ- but as inactive as he is, with several other names who are champs at Super Middle, like Carl Froch, and as well as other challengers of note at the weight, is he "really" the unquestionable man at Super Middle?

Don't even get me started on the Middleweights. As long as GGG and now only Quillin (now cuz Martinez appears to be done), with Cotto on the move and a few other notable names out there at Middle- from Soliman to Sturm to Geale and Murray (who really needs a good shot), then we really cant say the Middleweight div. is set for GGG and/or Quillin.

I say Quillin is the top MW. Some say GGG. Good arguments are made on both ends.

But, we need a clean on aisle Middleweight, Ligh-Heavyweight and Super Middleweight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: We need a clean up...

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    We know Foyd is the man at Jr Welter to Jr Middle. Ain't no question about it. We know Wlad is the champ at HW. No questions about it.

But, what about the LH division, Super Middle and Middle? Questions are still out there about who exactly is the best??

Sure, Ward can be said to be the Super Middle Champ- but as inactive as he is, with several other names who are champs at Super Middle, like Carl Froch, and as well as other challengers of note at the weight, is he "really" the unquestionable man at Super Middle?

Don't even get me started on the Middleweights. As long as GGG and now only Quillin (now cuz Martinez appears to be done), with Cotto on the move and a few other notable names out there at Middle- from Soliman to Sturm to Geale and Murray (who really needs a good shot), then we really cant say the Middleweight div. is set for GGG and/or Quillin.

I say Quillin is the top MW. Some say GGG. Good arguments are made on both ends.

But, we need a clean on aisle Middleweight, Ligh-Heavyweight and Super Middleweight.
    Is Floyd the man at Jr Welter to Light Middle? To be the man you got to beat the man is a phrase used a lot but guys like Porter and Thurman will likely never get a shot at the man. He also (to the best of my knowledge) hasnt had a fight in 8 or 9 years at light welter, is he still the man here? and in his career has only had 2 fights at light middle (not counting cathweights) so can he really be the man here?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't want to go on a rant but those questionable people who promote fights and those PR people are looking for new Golden Boys that flash a big smile and endorse the tooth paste they get for free as their claim to fame. The Alaphbet soup organizations and their relationships with some fighters raises conflict of interest questions. These are just a couple of reasons why you don't get to the man etc. etc. That's why the same people get the large purse unless someone farts at the the table during an anniversary dinner. Knowing what silverware to use is not the criteria to get a title shot. Get the old issues of Ring magazine and read some history. You'd be surprised because the saying"Money talks and bullshit walks." has been edited so the Arums and the Delahoya's are not offended and their feminine underwear doesn't bunch up.

jon09 Guest

Cotto beat Martinez who beat the man (Pavlik) who beat the man (Taylor) who beat the man (Hopkins) at middleweight so what is the confusion? Ward is the man at 168 through the super 6. And Adonis is the man at 175 no questions.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward has a claim to being the man that is only exceeded by Wlad. Even Mayweathers claim is questionable at 47 or 54.

Ward on the other hand has beaten every viable opponent.

Why not just say "I don't like......"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is Kovalevs name not mentioned at all here? He's in that mix.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    Cotto beat Martinez who beat the man (Pavlik) who beat the man (Taylor) who beat the man (Hopkins) at middleweight so what is the confusion? Ward is the man at 168 through the super 6. And Adonis is the man at 175 no questions.
    Beating a guy who just got KOd by a super middleweight makes you the man? Wow some fans are so easy to please.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Ward has a claim to being the man that is only exceeded by Wlad. Even Mayweathers claim is questionable at 47 or 54.

Agree. I dont believe you can be the man in a division unless you have fought the best in that div and fought at the weight recently. Cotto is not the man at MW because he has never fought a MW (160 pounds). Its between GGG and Quillin. Cant see how Floyd is the man at LMW either. He beat Alvarez yes, who was the man at LMW (arguably) but he made his fight at a lower weight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think you can pick and choose who is the man. The lineal middleweight champion is Cotto because he beat Sergio. It will sort it self out once the dust settles. Hopefully Cotto does not keep fighting midget middleweights like Saul, Floyd and Manny for too long and gives an opportunity real dangerous middleweights like GGG and Quillen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward's last sensible fight was when? So many other guys have come up the pike since then, plus a resurgent Froch, you cant really say he is the overall man.

Cotto is NOT the man at MW. And this is where sanctioning bodies and officials cause this confusion. Cotto is lineal champ, he is not the top dog.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward's last sensible fight was when? So many other guys have come up the pike since then, plus a resurgent Froch, you cant really say he is the overall man.

Cotto is NOT the man at MW. And this is where sanctioning bodies and officials cause this confusion. Cotto is lineal champ, he is not the top dog.
    Dude just stop. Ward beat every other top guy and nobody wants to fight him he's so the man. Froch is resurgent, good for him he's one of my favorites but he said himself he doesn't want to fight Ward. Froch could resurge for years, without beating Ward it means nothing to who is the man at 68.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude just stop. Ward beat every other top guy and nobody wants to fight him he's so the man. Froch is resurgent, good for him he's one of my favorites but he said himself he doesn't want to fight Ward. Froch could resurge for years, without beating Ward it means nothing to who is the man at 68.
    He beat a young, undefeated, highly ranked fighter in his last fight (6 months ago) the only super middle coming "up the pike" was Groves and he was beaten twice by Froch. Other guys in rankings, Froch, Chavez Jr, Abraham, Stieglitz, Rodriguez, Degale, Bika, Love, Dirrel. None of these have claims to being the Man at in the div. None would trouble Ward imo and looks to me like Ward is starting to have a similar problem to GGG where guys in his div dont want to fight him as there is more money fighting Froch, Kesseller or even Abraham.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

He beat a young, undefeated, highly ranked fighter in his last fight (6 months ago) the only super middle coming "up the pike" was Groves and he was beaten twice by Froch. Other guys in rankings, Froch, Chavez Jr, Abraham, Stieglitz, Rodriguez, Degale, Bika, Love, Dirrel. None of these have claims to being the Man at in the div. None would trouble Ward imo and looks to me like Ward is starting to have a similar problem to GGG where guys in his div dont want to fight him as there is more money fighting Froch, Kesseller or even Abraham.
    Yeah. I read a thread on another site before the Froch/Groves rematch and they were discussing who GGG should fight if he decided to move up to 68. They listed Kessler(money but meaningless in the grand scheme), Chavez Jr(money but entirely meaningless), Froch, Groves(seriously), even Abraham(seriously). I get it money decides what people do but Abraham, Groves, Chavez Jr?! WTF is wrong with fans that they don't want the challenges? I'm not saying step right into a Ward fight but this was a list of all the fights to take before a Ward fight. They were laughing about freezing Ward out. Freezing out the top guy?! It's disturbed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vlad is " fighting" in a dead division and he's still stinking up the place with his terrified holding style.

Thread Information