38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    If I were Wilder I would take the 12.5 million but my stipulation would be a rematch clause and that he gets a 60-40 split if for the rematch if he wins the first fight.

No way would I take 12.5 million. This fight could make well over 100 million. They should at lease get 35 million each. Bowe made 15 million for the Holyfield 2. that was 25 years ago.
    I understand but I guess it depends on whether he thinks that AJ will ever fight him. That’s why I would force a rematch clause and to get the bigger cut if he wins the first fight. Either way he will get a nice pay day.

I have been saying that AJ and his team has been ducking Wilder. I’m just not sure if Hearn will allow AJ to risk a loss without making a huge amount of money. That’s why he wants AJ to get such a big cut.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is Wilder bringing to the table other than one belt? What has been his biggest payday so far?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So much for the "Discussions being dealt with in private"
    To all those people saying "No way would I accept that" or "insist on a rematch clause" etc. at the end of the day, if Wilder doesn't like the fact that somebody wants to pay him more in ONE FIGHT than he has ever earned in his WHOLE CAREER , fine, nobody is forcing his arm behind his back. PUT A COUNTER OFFER IN!
    We all have opinions on what he should and shouldn't get , but that don't mean shit really, it's not how the World works.
    It's laughable that some people think that Wilder or anyone else can dictate to the people paying them how much they get when they have no other comparative offer to use against it. That doesn't happen in the real World and it doesn't happen here!
    When the fuck has anyone on here been offered 5 to 10 times more than they have ever earned , when no counter offer is in the frame, AND TURNED IT DOWN?
    Reality Check right there!

For the record , I personally think that a 60/40 ish split in favour of Joshua and a rematch clause in the US or wherever he decides if Wilder wins , would be very fair. But I would also like a blowjob every day from Michelle Keegan, but that's not happening either!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ and Eddie are not even offering 40% the fight gits. Wilder should continue to refuse and fight the worst challengers possible. Constantly call out AJ and and moan about Eddie until they have to increase their offer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quick question. How much money do people think is in the Joshua Wilder fight?

You dont even have to know numbers, just a guess. Do you think it's as big as Joshua Klitschko in terms of money?

Be realistic too. Dont just assume Undisputed World champion, stands to reason it makes more money.

If it's worth more, where does that money come from?

Before people start getting bent out of shape over percentages, you need to know what money is in the fight right?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    PUT A COUNTER OFFER IN!
    Exactly. I love how they position themselves as 'making a counter offer' Call it as it is. You're not making a counter offer at all. You're begging for more money.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bear in mind. £8.8m represents a 40% share of £22m which means Joshua would take £13.2m.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight is worth $100 million from TV and stadium revenue. Fat cunt Eddie and AJ want the maximum amount of that and offer only 12%. Cunts.

Wilder wants 50% no way will be get that so will want it in that region.

With that money he can get a blow job from the Beyonce, JZ can only watch and applaud.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Fight is worth $100 million from TV and stadium revenue. Fat cunt Eddie and AJ want the maximum amount of that and offer only 12%. Cunts.

Wilder wants 50% no way will be get that so will want it in that region.

With that money he can get a blow job from the Beyonce, JZ can only watch and applaud.

You think the fight is worth $100m?

How much do you think AJ V Klitschko was worth then?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    What is Wilder bringing to the table other than one belt? What has been his biggest payday so far?
    What Wilder is about 100 million times more exciting than AJ and about 100 million times more scary than AJ so I think Wilder has the upper hand psychologically in the same way that Tyson Fury had the upper hand psychologically against Wladimir Klitschko

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    What Wilder is about 100 million times more exciting than AJ and about 100 million times more scary than AJ so I think Wilder has the upper hand psychologically in the same way that Tyson Fury had the upper hand psychologically against Wladimir Klitschko
    so if this is the case, The marketing/promotion/TV people in America should have no trouble investing tens of millions into Wilder the same way as Matchroom/Sky are doing with Joshua?
    and if they do that, it will be very simple to blow Hearn's offer out of the window and get Joshua to come to the states and take the short end of the wedge?
    only this isn't the case is it? The majority of the US Boxing population (present company excepted) can see through this loud mouthed raw lacking skill and patience joker and consequently that is why an American WORLD HEAYWEIGHT CHAMPION has never earned so little as Wilder!!!!
    If he was the real deal, he would be King of the World!!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't give a rat's ass how much money Wilder has made or hasn't made in his previous fights..... and I care even less about the number of belts (a stupid measuring stick in this case). They're both champions. If the fight makes $100 million, it'll be because AJ's opponent is Wilder. Please all argue that AJ would bring in $100 million for shadow boxing with himself in the middle of the ring. Please. I'm starting to think how ironic it would be for Hearn to avoid Wilder, trying to milk an even more ridiculous split out of the fight...... and then have AJ stumble against Povetkin. Wouldn't that be a laugh.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignore what Wilder has earned because it serves no purpose, it's no yardstick. What AJ has earned is though.

Where are you getting this $100m number from?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Ignore what Wilder has earned because it serves no purpose, it's no yardstick. What AJ has earned is though.

PPV TV money from both sides of the pond and around the world added with revenue from stadium with sponsorship from gambling companies rounding it up to the nearest pound.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is something you said in another thread @Primo Carnera

“We know that GGG will just mark time and wait for Canelo to become available , like he's GBP/Canelo's little lap dog.
    He needs to cut Canelo loose and let the cunt drown while getting his career back on track.”

So with this idea, you should be pushing for Wilder to reject such a lowball offer because otherwise he is being Hearns lap dog. Just like GGG can make the most money fighting Canelo, Wilder will make the most money fighting AJ.

Canelo financially dictates GGGs career at the moment because he is the bigger draw. This HW situation is the same. It’s awful. So you talk that Wilder should give into demands or give a counter offer but I never hear you defend Canelo and tell GGG that he needs to just accept the offer he is given.

Whatever you believe is fine but just be consistent with your views. If Wilder needs to accept a smaller percentage because he isn’t as big of a draw and because this is way more money that’s he has ever made, then you must also agree that GGG should take an easy fight to preserve his big payday against Canelo. Financially it makes sense.

If you believe that GGG should just move on with his career then you should also believe that Wilder should just move on with his career and not let AJ dictate his career.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

It’s a rough estimate. Hearn would not offer Wilder 12.5 million if he wasn’t sure that it was making much much more than that.

Thread Information