Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Confused about Tito Vs. RJJ

The one thing that is baffling me is the fact that Tito isnt taking a tune-up fight first. Just doesnt make sense to me, if you were serious about coming back theres a right and wrong way to do it. Test the waters and see if you still got some left in the tank before jumping in the deep end. He should know better...and Don King is involved so thats always suspicious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Confused about Tito Vs. RJJ

The sad thing is, their are many non mainstream fans who will eat this fight right up since both are big names. There was a guy at my work last week who thought Jones was still undefeated!! I can foresee a successful promotion and more green going into King's pockets from this.

I kinda have some morbid curiosity over this fight myself, mainly just to see how much each fighter has left.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably buy it and pray that Tito pulls it off. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably buy it and pray that Tito pulls it off. :P
    hahaha CC your way!! That's the spirit!!

When I go back to work tomorrow I'll tell the guy they are fighting for the IBX Light Catchweight World Title, just to see if i can get away with it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad thing is there probably is a IBX light catchweight title out there somewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHAHA, you guys crack me up.

To the original question. There was a thread on this some time ago.

I never took Tito to be a smart guy but I actually think this is an impressively smart, yet highly risky, move.

He knows he has no little time to play around. He needs to make it big quick in order to get what he wants before he gets too old to do it. He is looking for a fast pass to a big fight and he got one. If he wins, the flood gates are open, the boxing world is his. Hopkins, Calzaghe, Pavlik, DLH, maybe even Mayweather at a catch weight. As much as we like to kid ourselves that this fight means nothing. We all know how boxing and the media works. They will make this fight mean something, and we will all take a big bite out of it.

If he loses, he lossed to a bigger, stronger, active, ATG and future HoFamer.

Plus, it shows he's got guts and I like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one thing that is baffling me is the fact that Tito isnt taking a tune-up fight first. Just doesnt make sense to me, if you were serious about coming back theres a right and wrong way to do it. Test the waters and see if you still got some left in the tank before jumping in the deep end. He should know better...and Don King is involved so thats always suspicious.

Truth is Tito is a bit overconfident....He believes in his power that much....he made this mistake in the Wright fight.....beat Mayorga and figured his skills were back at 100%....He is a great fighter just a bit of a hard head when it comes to certain things
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito is done. A warmup fight would have been disasterous as it would just highlight how finished he is and the Jones fight have to be cancelled.

Luckily for Tito though Jones Jr himself is not half the fighter he used to be so although he will beat him quite handily it probably won't be too embarrassing for Tito.

Basically his defeat will be like Gatti's to Baldimor in that Baldomir was elevated as a result of the win rather than Gatti being criticised to badly. But then when Alfonso Gomez knocked him out with ease we saw the truth that Gatti was a walking dead man no matter who he faced.

Tito will lose to Jones with reputation intact.

Take a 'tune up' though and he loses to an unknown and looks like a fool.

His team know what they are doing

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Need I say more?
    For someone like Tito at this point of his career theres a couple million reasons as to why he's jumping straight into this fight.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im curious are you guys going to buy the fight? Does Tito have a snowballs chance in hell?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Need I say more?
    For someone like Tito at this point of his career theres a couple million reasons as to why he's jumping straight into this fight.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In a nutshell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad thing is there probably is a IBX light catchweight title out there somewhere
    Yeah and i'm the undisputed, undefeated, reigning IBX light catchweight champion of the world!!! Insert Michael Buffer style voice over........

It's almost like a car crash. You want to but you can't look away. I personally hope it is a good fight but my brain keeps telling me that might not be possible with the stage these guys are at in their careers.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im curious are you guys going to buy the fight? Does Tito have a snowballs chance in hell?
    HELL NO!!!! I'm not buying it...

With the net, theres ways of watching for free.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit, I could watch all the PPVs on the net but when I have the cash I try and support boxing by actually buying fights Well at least when my favorites are fighting.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy VJones Jnr completes this victory whilst eating every bit which RJJ doesn't tell me to be a real dad.

Thread Information