Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: After watching Liddell's latest fight....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default After watching Liddell's latest fight....

I think he has a chance against Wanderlei, but it's looking grim. The second Babalu got inside and threw some shots at Chuck, I seen the discomfort. Yes he was working with a bad foot that night, but still if you're not comfortable working on the inside - don't fight Wanderlei Silva (especially if striking is your thing)

Hopefully it'll be a competitive fight, and not a total mismatch

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After watching Liddell's latest fight....

Wanderlei is going to come straight at him with constant pressure...Chuck will really need to be in great shape and spend alot of time on his footwork. Chuck has great power and accuracy but this isn't going to be a one hit KO fight. To win he is going to need to stay on his toes, make wanderlei chase him while he counters.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think since Wandy is so aggressive Chuck should try to slow him down with leg kicks first, then try to sneak in the right hand. He didn't do that to Rampage and he lost.

Is this fight even going to happen?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think your right about the kicks Von especially since Silva isn't really prone to attempt a takedown. I think the fight will happen but no its not official by a long shot. By the way have you seen the video of CroCop KOing Silva from last night? Check it out on YouTube. He really beat the crap out of him.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it looks like copyright violations made youtube take it down . greedy bastards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just saw it on myspace. he took a beating. but it didn't even look like the final kick landed. he always clips the top of the other guy's head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That kick connected oright. Silvas neck just snapped sideways and he had a huge cut on his head. Crocop caught him with his shin and Silva is known to be able to recoup quickly. He was deffo out clean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liddel is a very gifted STRIKER.........

and he has good take down defense and that's as far as it goes.

Wandy has sloppy but powerful striking and excellent ground game.

Wandy will lose because he leaves himself way too open when coming forward but Wandy is a more complete fighter than chuck.
    Chuck is not unbeatable....the day will come soon when someone works their way around his striking and he gets taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I've been saying in other topics, the reason he wins is because he gets people to stand with him. The way Randy destroyed him (and was most likely winning the other two fights before getting taken down) was by simply boxing. Nothing fancy. Don't try to kill him. Just pepper his face with jabs and 1 2 combos all night. His striking is sloppy and loopy, but extremely powerful. Step in, one two, step out. Don't trade with him, don't try to knock him out. Keep your hands up at all times, and don't really worry too much about the body. He gets frustrated when he gets hit and can't connect on his own. Don't try to take him down early, because you'll probably get stuffed and then hit, or you'll get him down and he'll just stand right up. Wait till later in the fight, when he's tired and frustrated. And don't just take him down, slam him if you can, because he'll probably STILL stand right back up, so might as well make the takedown count.

Granted, I think he would take out Silva, but it would be tough. He wouldn't knock him out, because Silva just doesn't get knocked out short of a CroCop high kick. If Hunt couldn't knock him out, no way in hell Chuck could. But I might give it to Chuck via TKO stoppage similar to his fight with Tito (hurt and taking punches, but not knocked out by any means). Wandy has a weird chin...he gets knocked over and dropped a lot, but he recovers instantly and is back in the game before he's even hit the canvas.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes.. i would agree that Wandy is tough, but Lidell is just a very naturally gifted striker. I see Lidell contacting Wandy early. An intelligent strategy for Wany would be to play possum and fall (if he could survuve the first punch by Lidell) and take it to the ground from there.

Thread Information