Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UK general election

It's a great day. Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister. You couldn't make it up! Best day ever.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done Jeremy Corbyn! May 50/50 to last the next 24 hours without having to resign.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May will create a government with DUP and hold on for a few more years.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    May will create a government with DUP and hold on for a few more years.
    She can try.....but that ship is sinking fast.

The message is out there and Corbyn did all this after 2 years of abuse, 2 attempted coups, a vote of no confidence. Yet still, he rose up and got 40% of the votes! In an election where he was 20 points down and with only a month or so to campaign. It was a huge victory. Labour will either take charge now or they bide their time and take over later. Either way, the Tories are going down. The die hards will probably need to feel some pain before they start to understand.

Labour is back and the propaganda against them isn't working. Even Dia will be voting Labour again in a few years.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although Jeremy corbyn lost and the Labour party is the number to Party quite clearly and furthermore did not hit the 266 they were looking for and now it looks like perhaps only 262 my all accounts including my own Theresa May has certainly lost the confidence and the capital of her party. However this does not in any way mean that you should resign and I do not believe she should. I really don't think labor voted for the Lefty liberal libtard policies of Corbin I don't think they want the party to go in a New Direction. Theresa May call this quick election because she thought that it would bolster her position but instead it backfired on her and she not only has lost confidence and support but also a large number of seats. For me she does not have the personality and the charisma and that was her problem all along no personality and no charisma

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How interesting.

I always thought the result would be closer than the media and everyone thought.

Labour were much cleverer in the way they used social media and mobilised younger voters to get out there. Most of my social media feeds were all Labour supporters and messaging, very little from the Tories.

Theresa May certainly made a huge miscalculation. She was clearly pretty out of touch with the mood of the general public. She came across as very wooden and robotic and didn't seem to creat much empathy with people at all, plus their hard right manifesto wasn't popular with people. They ran a poor campaign, with numerous about-turns etc. Very poor indeed, and I think she is seriously weakened by this.

She said that she feels sorry for her colleagues who lost their seats and 'didn't deserve to', which I find very arrogant. If the voters decide someone shouldn't be representing them, they they deserve it. She has disrespected the voter and shown a rather odd view of how democracy works.

Labour did better than expected, but don't forget that they still lost. There are many more Tory seats than Labour ones, so let's hope they don't try and spin this as some sort of victory.

I'm fairly happy with a hung Parliament (hang the lot of them, I say
    ). Ive said many times on here that having any one party in a too dominant position is never a good idea and seldom ends well. Hopefully the Tories not will realise that they serve the people, not the other way around.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

***article 54, X, Memphis gave me permission to invoke it***--;

Fast and Danger. BwAAAAAHAHAAHA

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Although Jeremy corbyn lost and the Labour party is the number to Party quite clearly and furthermore did not hit the 266 they were looking for and now it looks like perhaps only 262 my all accounts including my own Theresa May has certainly lost the confidence and the capital of her party. However this does not in any way mean that you should resign and I do not believe she should. I really don't think labor voted for the Lefty liberal libtard policies of Corbin I don't think they want the party to go in a New Direction. Theresa May call this quick election because she thought that it would bolster her position but instead it backfired on her and she not only has lost confidence and support but also a large number of seats. For me she does not have the personality and the charisma and that was her problem all along no personality and no charisma
    Don't you even take a breath ? Give it a rest
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#GiveBeanzAPillowandBlanky

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've not said much on this whole politics fucking election debacle but here is my (uneducated) view

I would have preferred Theresa May to negotiate brexit with a majorty vote, I voted to leave, I stand by my vote, people had a pop at her when she said 'no deal is better than a bad deal' that was taken out of context, what she was saying was she was fighting for the best deal possible, she was a 'remainer' however she was prepared to fight to get the best possible outcome that the people voted for, from what Corbyn has said negotiations would have been very much BOHICA.

Short term yes I wanted May, long term, she's a tory so after Brexit and immigration it would have been very much business as usual for her and I could have reverted back to hating her and her party.

Corbyn...well he has blew 2/3 of his budget on the students for a start, the fact that they have relied on this 'fully costed' manifesto doesn't mean fuck all if you can't say where the funds are coming from ( @brocktonblockbust you can have £10,000, don't ask me where the money is coming from but you can have it if you want it) there is every chance that if he sticks to the manifesto that he cripples the country financially, he won't feel the burn but we will, Brexit? I negotiate on a daily basis (albeit on a slightly smaller scale) and the one thing you never do is show your hand first yet that is exactly what he has done.

he wants open borders, he wants to allow people who choose to fight in Syria to be allowed back into the country with no questions asked, he wants to get rid of Tridant, he doesn't believe in pressing the big red button first, he wants to chat with ISIS over tea and coffee and come to an amicable agreement.

Immigration aside, I would ask Mr Corbyn to come and live on Erdington High Street for 2 weeks and then tell me that there isn't a problem, it doesn't need controlling, we are multi cultural, we don't give them a chance, all that bollocks, within just a few hours he would see that whilst we live side by side (and this isn't about muslims this is the Eastern Europeans as well) but we don't talk, they speak between themselves and we speak between ourselves, that isn't healthy, how can something so amalgamated be so alienated? but then it's something that he can't pretend to understand although he is happy enough to allow it.

People ask him about pressing the red button, he refuses to answer the question, no one expects him to have to deal with nuclear strikes, that isn't the point, we are asking him 'how far are you willing to go for this country' he won't answer it, that shows weakness.

what do I know, I'm an uneducated fool and I'm sure that plenty of people will be willing to tell me that I'm wrong.

p.s. 8 cans of stella and 2 cans of scrumpy jacks... @Master you should be proud of me, up until tonight I have gone 8 days without a drop of alcohol

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done for not drinking that long mate.

I could counter those points but not today. I am glad May is in power because she is living in her own mess and she will slowly suffer. When the time is right, Labour will get in power. With or without Corbyn.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there any boxing on today or tomorrow?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Well done for not drinking that long mate.

I could counter those points but not today. I am glad May is in power because she is living in her own mess and she will slowly suffer. When the time is right, Labour will get in power. With or without Corbyn.
    counter them, I'm always open for being proven wrong, fuck me I've spent the majority of my life being proven wrong for poor decisions.

Haskins is fighting tomorrow on Sky Dorts 1, not a massive fight but I suppose I'll watch it

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I've not said much on this whole politics fucking election debacle but here is my (uneducated) view

I would have preferred Theresa May to negotiate brexit with a majorty vote, I voted to leave, I stand by my vote, people had a pop at her when she said 'no deal is better than a bad deal' that was taken out of context, what she was saying was she was fighting for the best deal possible, she was a 'remainer' however she was prepared to fight to get the best possible outcome that the people voted for, from what Corbyn has said negotiations would have been very much BOHICA.

Short term yes I wanted May, long term, she's a tory so after Brexit and immigration it would have been very much business as usual for her and I could have reverted back to hating her and her party.

Corbyn...well he has blew 2/3 of his budget on the students for a start, the fact that they have relied on this 'fully costed' manifesto doesn't mean fuck all if you can't say where the funds are coming from ( @brocktonblockbust you can have £10,000, don't ask me where the money is coming from but you can have it if you want it) there is every chance that if he sticks to the manifesto that he cripples the country financially, he won't feel the burn but we will, Brexit? I negotiate on a daily basis (albeit on a slightly smaller scale) and the one thing you never do is show your hand first yet that is exactly what he has done.

he wants open borders, he wants to allow people who choose to fight in Syria to be allowed back into the country with no questions asked, he wants to get rid of Tridant, he doesn't believe in pressing the big red button first, he wants to chat with ISIS over tea and coffee and come to an amicable agreement.

Immigration aside, I would ask Mr Corbyn to come and live on Erdington High Street for 2 weeks and then tell me that there isn't a problem, it doesn't need controlling, we are multi cultural, we don't give them a chance, all that bollocks, within just a few hours he would see that whilst we live side by side (and this isn't about muslims this is the Eastern Europeans as well) but we don't talk, they speak between themselves and we speak between ourselves, that isn't healthy, how can something so amalgamated be so alienated? but then it's something that he can't pretend to understand although he is happy enough to allow it.

People ask him about pressing the red button, he refuses to answer the question, no one expects him to have to deal with nuclear strikes, that isn't the point, we are asking him 'how far are you willing to go for this country' he won't answer it, that shows weakness.

what do I know, I'm an uneducated fool and I'm sure that plenty of people will be willing to tell me that I'm wrong.

p.s. 8 cans of stella and 2 cans of scrumpy jacks... @Master you should be proud of me, up until tonight I have gone 8 days without a drop of alcohol

All I will say is in regards to immigration and no assimilation.....to me, that seems eerily similar of the days when the Bible was in Latin and the peasants didn't read, couldn't read, and were therefore taken advantage of all the time. They didn't understand the laws, they didn't understand the taxes, they just tried to keep their heads down and not draw attention of the authorities.......only with this lot there's a group who can draw the attention of the authorities but are still allowed to terrorize the populace and let's not be naive here they are ALLOWED to do what they do whether by incompetence of the authorities or because they simply want the denizens in fear and willing to give up even more rights for the illusion of more safety.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and just for the record my mom was in the Tavern in the Town when the IRA decided to blow that up so fuck them cunts and fuck any sympathising cunt that wants to walk with them.

Thread Information