Thread: Groves and Degales childhood ABC housed in tower block of London Fire

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Groves and Degales childhood ABC housed in tower block of London Fire

Shocking scenes in London this morning - the Dale ABC is where both our World Champions cut their teeth as young Amateurs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...-dale-10620614

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves and Degales childhood ABC housed in tower block of London Fire

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves and Degales childhood ABC housed in tower block of London Fire

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tragic situation. Hard to read some of the stuff. Like that the government has been "working on" reforms since the 2009 block fire. It shouldn't take so long to mandate retro fitting sprinkler systems. Hopefully this makes them get it done, and other changes so this doesn't happen again in the future. That fire was shocking, how quickly and completely it spread. And to hear people say they weren't alerted by alarms but rather hearing people on the streets yelling "don't jump!". Problems that need to be sorted out, and sorted out now. Best wishes to all involved.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*****conspirancy theory alert******

@brocktonblockbust

I heard that the fire wasn't a malfunctioning fridge but it was started by Muslims (albeit accidentally) as they were cooking at 2am when they are allowed to break their fast or what not, the powers that be decided that with all the shit that has gone on just lately a psychotic fridge is a better explanation than hungry muslims.

Me myself I believe the psychotic fridge

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    *****conspirancy theory alert******

@brocktonblockbust

I heard that the fire wasn't a malfunctioning fridge but it was started by Muslims (albeit accidentally) as they were cooking at 2am when they are allowed to break their fast or what not, the powers that be decided that with all the shit that has gone on just lately a psychotic fridge is a better explanation than hungry muslims.

Me myself I believe the psychotic fridge
    @Batman @Master well about 14 of my 22 students are Bangladeshi or Pakistani Muslims and they are all fasting now and are tired in my class, and they all do indeed cook at that time but must finish eating at 3:37 a.m. before al-Fajr to make the Salaat.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There could be up a lot of people dead as a lot are missing. The local community have come together and supported one another.

The Prime Minister could have met the survivors. She has been hiding and not shown any humanity and empathy to them.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some woman on the radio, that was helping, was waffling about certain groups treating the relief effort like a street party, openly helping themselves to all the grub and drink like they were doing the weeks shopping. Shameless.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conversely there was a prat blaming high immigration and the poor tenants for the fire.

The stories are harrowing of children being thrown out of the window to be saved and last mobile phone calls with their loved ones.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes no sense to me how that could happen in this day and age. I watched an Adam Curtis documentary recently that looked at the apartment building that went on in the UK from the 1960's onwards and though the buildings didn't all catch fire they were full of terrible design flaws and structural weaknesses. This seems to have been another example of cost cutting and the consequences are just devastating. Something like that can never be allowed to happen again. It is appalling and people need to go to prison for that. There was no real accountability for the 1960's apartments and it's about time builders, designers and local officials were held to account for their actions.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The flats were built 1974 and had been recently refurbished but way it caught fire across the building so fast killed many of the people.

Thread Information