Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WEMBLEY STADIUM OFFER HATTON TO FIGHT THERE

BEEN THERE ALREADY AND WHAT A STADIUM
    http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/11558

Fingers crossed

WEMBLEY stadium have offered Ricky Hatton the honour of becoming the first British fighter to box at the new £750 million venue.

The ‘Hitman’ cemented his reputation as the best light-welterweight in the world last weekend by destroying Mexican legend Jose Luis Castillo inside four rounds in Las Vegas, and Wembley’s owners are keen to make sure he fights there in October or November.

His options for such a showdown would be limited to three opponents, Floyd Mayweather junior, Miguel Cotto or Oscar de la Hoya.

While getting down to the welterweight limit might be a problem for De la Hoya, a match-up could be made with confidence for the other two.

Ultimately the Briton’s goal is to face Mayweather, who earned a split-points decision over De la Hoya last month. His promoter, Dennis Hobson, has offered “Pretty Boy” £6m to come over to Wembley.

Hatton, 28, said: “It would be every fighter’s dream to box at Wembley – no doubt about it. If it was a real ‘marquee’ opponent then you wouldn’t get much change from 60,000 spectators.

The name Wembley alone means so much to so many sports fans.

Ricky Hatton

“My fight with Kostya Tszyu two years ago sold out 22,000 tickets in a few hours, so outdoors at Wembley would be
    magnificent. I would love to fight there. It looks an incredible stadium and the name Wembley alone means so much to so many sports fans.

“Let’s face it, I’ve a better chance of getting there than Manchester City at the moment!”

The City fanatic added: “I have a few options with regard to my next fight, but Cotto excites me immensely and Mayweather is rightly regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world so I would start as an underdog against him. But I was underdog against Tszyu and look what I did to him.”

Promoter Hobson is in an enviable position as the ‘Hitman’s’ pulling power is remarkable, with 8,000 fans travelling to Las Vegas last weekend.

It was a second trip to Nevada for his supporters this year following Hatton’s victory over Juan Urango in January, and the camp is mindful that fans’ pockets have a limit.

Hobson said: “We’d love to do a deal to bring Ricky back for a ‘homecoming’ at Wembley. It would be a real honour for him and would mean a great night for British fight fans.

“Ricky has plenty of great fights left in him. He wants to box at Wembley and to headline at Madison Square Garden. I think, though, his ultimate aim is to de-throne Mayweather, and that is the kind of fight which people would love to see.

“Whether we can do it next up remains to be seen, but I have offered Mayweather a decent sum to fight him and we will be negotiating.”

These are heady days for British boxing, with two other fighters able to make claims as No1 in their division, Joe Calzaghe and Clinton Woods.

Hobson added: “If there was one sad note to the Las Vegas show it was Clinton pulling out through injury.

“Other than that it was perfect, with Matthew Hatton’s victory on the undercard now putting him amongst the bigger names in the welterweight division.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WEMBLEY STADIUM OFFER HATTON TO FIGHT THERE

He'll probably end up fighting Witter/Harris there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

please let it not be Oscar
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will Floyd come over for £6 million?
    Seriously doubt it and i don't think the Winner of Harris and Witter is on his radar at present.
    Oscar would 100% fly over and i think Cotto would too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

£6 million is $12 million US (give or take). You can guarantee it's PPV as well so the moneys there...all depends how stupid Floyd gets with his demands

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    please let it not be Oscar
    I hope it is Oscar. Hatton vs. Oscar would be great. Too easy to make as well. Oscar phoned Hatton after the win and said he wanted a fight with him at Wembley. Please, if there is a god, for me he'll let it happen.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FLOYD "We gonna do this but i wannna use the whole damm pitch as the ring"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Steelie
    £6 million is $12 million US (give or take). You can guarantee it's PPV as well so the moneys there...all depends how stupid Floyd gets with his demands
    if floyds got any balls he'll take the offer. After all its about pride not money. wonder what phoney belt theyll box for? I'll have to bring back my sanctioning body. They can box for the ever so vacant WORLD BOXING PAYCHECK welterweight title.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Team Hatton have well and truly got him on the back foot and it's Floyds mouth that have helped this further.
    If he doesn't accept then the general public will see him as the pussy and not the Hitman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Team Hatton have well and truly got him on the back foot and it's Floyds mouth that have helped this further.
    If he doesn't accept then the general public will see him as the pussy and not the Hitman.
    Good tactics by Hatton He's called floyd out and Floyd cant back down now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't fancy Hatton v Oscar at all. Nowt in it for anyone...well, apart from 8 figures. As a prospect though I think it's be ODH v Gatti all over again. Too big too strong and stylistically wrong.

Mayweather has made a career out of clowning bigger, harder hitting guys. Stylistically Oscar was always do-able for him.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read between the lines? Hatton and Warren building bridges
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...bhatton128.xml

Ricky Hatton and his former promoter Frank Warren may resume working together again after Warren agreed an out-of-court settlement in a libel action against the fighter's father and manager, Ray Hatton.

Ricky Hatton
    On the up: Hatton will discuss options with Warren

On the promoter's website, a statement was clear that Warren has settled his High Court libel action against the father of the IBO light-welterweight champion.

It confirmed that as part of the agreement, Warren and the Hattons will sit down and discuss working together in the future. As Warren often says: "Never Say Never."

The High Court case was due to be heard by a jury in London with a 10-day trial starting yesterday, and was related to comments made by Hatton senior in 2005.

Warren alleged Hatton snr libelled him on BBC Radio Manchester on Sept 1, 2005, and the BBC sports website on Oct 17, 2005.

But Mr Justice Eady told a jury that their services would no longer be required as Warren and Hatton snr had settled the case.

Outside court Warren welcomed the development. An agreed statement released last night read: "In respect of the action today between Frank Warren, Ray Hatton and the BBC, which was due to commence today, Frank Warren has agreed to cease his action against Ray Hatton on the basis that both Ray Hatton and Frank Warren have agreed to enter into discussions with respect to Ricky Hatton's future fights."

Warren's lawyers said a libel action against the BBC was on-going, although they were confident of settling that case as well.

Warren added: "I am glad that we are sitting down and the matters are behind us. Ray Hatton, Ricky Hatton and myself are going to meet. That tells you from my point of view we may be in a position where we do some future business."

It was Warren who guided the first eight years of Hatton's career and 39 fights. Hatton and Warren have not worked together since Hatton's widely-acclaimed triumph over Kostya Tszyu in June 2005.

Since then, Hatton has been co-promoted by Dennis Hobson's Fight Academy in the UK in association with the Philadelphia promoter Artie Pelullo.

Hobson's three-fight contract with Hatton has expired, as has Hatton's contract with HBO.

Since Hatton beat Jose Luis Castillo in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Golden Boy (Oscar De La Hoya's Los Angeles-based company) have also been in touch with Hatton, along with Don King.

It promises to be a busy decision-making time in the Hatton household.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not forget that Warren is King in London
    And Stranger things have happened in the fight world

www.frankwarren.tv

"Ray Hatton, Ricky Hatton and myself are going to meet. That tells you from my point of view we may be in a position where we do some future business."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant see Mayweather fighting in England especially not for 6 million, as we all know he is only interested in money. I would rather see Hatton fight Cotto and I think Cotto would come over to England to fight. Maybe Mayweather will suprise us all and take the fight for his legacy rather than his wallet. we can live in hope. Weather Hatton fights Mayweather, Cotto, Mosely or ODLH I will be happy especially if its in England in fact I would give my left ball to see any of these fights live!!
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelie
    if floyds got any balls he'll take the offer. After all its about pride not money. wonder what phoney belt theyll box for? I'll have to bring back my sanctioning body. They can box for the ever so vacant WORLD BOXING PAYCHECK welterweight title.
    Basically, the big money for Floyd, when you add in PPV etc is here in Britain, because of the size of the venue and it makes sense to hold it in Wembley, even though most people would be watching the big screen or through binoculars. Whilst I don't really like the huge venues like Millenium Stadium or Wembley, I think the atmosphere is great but actually seeing the fight is the problem.

Thread Information