Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ending punch of Khan-Judah

First of all I was very impressed by Khan, again, but that last shot clearly clipped Judah's cup which can sometimes hurt worse than a direct shot to the groin. It can really dig into you, and I thought the ref could have made a better decision on that one. It was clear Judah was acting as if it was a low blow, and not a knockout blow.

That being said Khan used combinations, footwork, and speed to simply overwhelm Judah. Despite Judah's vastly improved defensive work which has begun to combine both head and foot movement he couldn't evade everything that Khan was throwing at him, and also Judah couldn't find range at all. Khan made him gunshy from the begining and Zab was throwing his jab very short from the start, and until Judah can place a jab on his opponent's face or gloves he usually doesn't start throwing his left hand.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ending punch of Khan-Judah

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    First of all I was very impressed by Khan, again, but that last shot clearly clipped Judah's cup which can sometimes hurt worse than a direct shot to the groin. It can really dig into you, and I thought the ref could have made a better decision on that one. It was clear Judah was acting as if it was a low blow, and not a knockout blow.

That being said Khan used combinations, footwork, and speed to simply overwhelm Judah. Despite Judah's vastly improved defensive work which has begun to combine both head and foot movement he couldn't evade everything that Khan was throwing at him, and also Judah couldn't find range at all. Khan made him gunshy from the begining and Zab was throwing his jab very short from the start, and until Judah can place a jab on his opponent's face or gloves he usually doesn't start throwing his left hand.
    Totally disagree. Unless he had a cup around his belly button?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That shot was def on the beltline. Now if his belt is on his lil' zab then he needs to pull his trunks up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is an angle where I thought it looked like it clipped his nuts on the way up (I think it's the under waist, right hand side angle)

But the others just look like a solid shot in the lower gut.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a marginal shot. But Zab by then was pretty clearly looking for a way mout. I would have done what the ref did.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The shot was a little borderline, but Zab didn't look interested at any point in the fight and was clearly looking for a way out.

I thought Khan looked OK, but he's still really sloppy at times. Listening to the guy doing the commentary on Primetime, you'd have thought he was watching Ali or something from the way he was describing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was a bit low, but was a hit to the abdomen, both fighters shorts were riding high, cheeky to hit the waist band, but surrey thats the point of high shorts, reduce the abode target area?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looked low on the first camera angle but the other views showed it was clearly a body shot. Maidana got up from it, Judah couldn't.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if you can make Judah's story about a low blow conceivable, the problem with believing him is he had no conviction about being fouled. If there was an ounce of truth to it he would have immediately protested it in the ring as well as an immediate official protest, But he didn't. Instead he accepts the official decision and then says he leaves it up to the fans to decide. He's just trying to save some "face" in the public eye.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Judah pretty much destroyed all credibility his "low blow" story had when he claimed he thought the referee was giving him a standing 8-count for him to recover from the low blow. Because, ya know, that's the standard policy, right Judah?

Won't go down as KO of the year that's for damn sure, but Khan made him quit so it is right to go down as a KO.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I think Judah pretty much destroyed all credibility his "low blow" story had when he claimed he thought the referee was giving him a standing 8-count for him to recover from the low blow. Because, ya know, that's the standard policy, right Judah?

Won't go down as KO of the year that's for damn sure, but Khan made him quit so it is right to go down as a KO.
    EXACTLY !

Judah went in there for a pay day and didn't even try. He let down all his fans, Pernell Whitaker, and most importantly he let down himself in his last shot at the big time.

Took the easy way out. True champions never take the easy way out.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way Khan would have ended the fight by body shot. Look at what Cotto and Mayweather did to the body of Judah. Cotto hits way harder than Khan and connected far more solidly all night, and it took 11 rounds, and a shot to Judah's chin to stop him. Mayweather also landed far more significant body blows in their bout.

THe point I am making is that I don't think he hit Judah in the ground, but if you even hit the top of the cut it can from the edges of the cup to drive into your inner leg which can cause a lot of damage. I don't think Judah has the heart some guys do, but I honestly think he would have kept going had he known what was going on. Khan was clearly dominating him, but honestly Khan hadn't landed a lot of clean hard shots in the fight. A lot of his landed blows were glancing with Judah moving away from them, or they were at angles that Khan couldn't get significant leverage on the shots. I can see Judah fouling himself out, I can see Judah giving up in terms of fighting back, but quitting like that? No way, just watch any of his fights. Watch the pummeling against Cotto and Mayweather, or how he tried to get up against Kostya Tszyu. Or the recent fights he has been knocked down and hurt badly. If Khan had knocked Judah down wiht a head shot I would have believed it, but Judah isn't one to be stopped on a body shit, especially one that wasn't really hard.
    Last edited by Taeth; 07-25-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    It looked low on the first camera angle but the other views showed it was clearly a body shot. Maidana got up from it, Judah couldn't.
    Exactly my thoughts. The more open camera angle showed the punch was to the right of Judah's belly button.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    There is no way Khan would have ended the fight by body shot. Look at what Cotto and Mayweather did to the body of Judah. Cotto hits way harder than Khan and connected far more solidly all night, and it took 11 rounds, and a shot to Judah's chin to stop him. Mayweather also landed far more significant body blows in their bout.

THe point I am making is that I don't think he hit Judah in the ground, but if you even hit the top of the cut it can from the edges of the cup to drive into your inner leg which can cause a lot of damage. I don't think Judah has the heart some guys do, but I honestly think he would have kept going had he known what was going on. Khan was clearly dominating him, but honestly Khan hadn't landed a lot of clean hard shots in the fight. A lot of his landed blows were glancing with Judah moving away from them, or they were at angles that Khan couldn't get significant leverage on the shots. I can see Judah fouling himself out, I can see Judah giving up in terms of fighting back, but quitting like that? No way, just watch any of his fights. Watch the pummeling against Cotto and Mayweather, or how he tried to get up against Kostya Tszyu. Or the recent fights he has been knocked down and hurt badly. If Khan had knocked Judah down wiht a head shot I would have believed it, but Judah isn't one to be stopped on a body shit, especially one that wasn't really hard.
    Judah wasn't stopped on a body shot. He simply used it as a way of stopping the fight so Kahn would stop breaking him up. MANY incredibly courageous fighters accepted a count, or stayed on their stools to get a fight stopped late in their careers. Alexis Arguello, Carlos Ortiz, Mickey Walker and gene Fullmer for starters.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a low blow but it was the best thing that could have happend to Judah. He wanted out the fight and that gave him the excuse he needed. Although it was on the trunks it wasnt in the danger area so there was no need for him to be scrunched up in pain from it. He quit in the ring and thats his career effectively over. Plenty of Judah fans out there who always seem to think that 1 day he will reach his potential but he just doesnt have it. He always messes up in the big fights.

Khan looked the best he ever has. Great gameplan etc but I really hope the Morales fight doesnt happen. It will do nothing to further his career. Zab was past it and beating another past it opponent will give him a rep like Pacquiao for fighting leftovers. He needs Bradley and if he cant get it fight Prescott while he waits.

Thread Information