Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boris Johnson as Prime Minister thread

Having been warned by someone, who thought the election was dead close because of secret insider sources, that the UK is on the verge of turning into a fascist tyranny, I thought I would start a thread to observe the evolution of King Boris as Prime Minister of the great nation of the British people. I, like many, would hate to see it turn into that, so this is a thread to observe the true evolution of Boris as leader and we can debate the pros and cons.

After a day I see no sign of anything imminent and Boris has likely had a bit of a kip.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boris Johnson as Prime Minister thread

Miles it is what it is , stop winding Beanz and Master up with threads like this.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless a big shout out to all my British homies job well done congrats.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corbyn cornered the student vote, dead leg vote, muslim vote, and people who need tax payers money to live.
    Fortunatly the people of Britain didnt buy his lies and bullshit, but we can thank him and Abbott for making us laugh alot, i mean the two left shoes while out campagining was priceless.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record look at the labour voters protesting in london , sums it all up really, scruffy students and dead legs lol.
    Do they realise how democracy works ? we all voted and they lost.

Hundreds protest was the headline, millions voted but these creatures seem to think that its ok to waste police time by stamping their little feet.

Pathetic.

It isn't so puzzling as to why these knuckle draggers lost , is it ?

Water cannon anyone ?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 12-14-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a genuine thread as I have a hard time seeing the result of Boris being a dictatorship. If anything, with a weak Brexit and somewhat Blairite policies, I see a fairly moderate politician who likes to make politically incorrect jokes. It is a bit like what was except with a pledge to leave the EU. We will see.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The most far right Party in the nation’s modern history just seized power through a campaign of lies and misinformation. To do this it evaded scrutiny, spent millions of foreign money on deception, and suppressed information. If you voted for that don't you dare ever claim to be a patriot. You are the absolute opposite.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    The most far right Party in the nation’s modern history just seized power through a campaign of lies and misinformation. To do this it evaded scrutiny, spent millions of foreign money on deception, and suppressed information. If you voted for that don't you dare ever claim to be a patriot. You are the absolute opposite.
    Don't blame the people that voted, blame the party that made itself unvotable.

The people who are stuck on the far left really don't understand democracy do they

Leave wins - let's protest
    Labour loses - let's protest

If the Brexiteers lost and then went out protesting then they would be labelled as mindless racist thugs.

If labour won all of their usual strongholds and people went out protesting then they would be labelled as mindless racist thugs.

All the gnashing of teeth isn't going to change anything, I don't like or trust Bozza but he has said that he is going to do his best for the people that loaned him their vote and (unfortunately I was one of those people) and now I've gotta sit tight and wait and see if he is a man of his word (Which I very much doubt)

Beans I think that to say that anyone who voted against Labour is unpatriotic is a bit narrow minded, everyone is entitled to vote for whoever they want for whatever reasons, you might not agree with their reasons but to chuck insults around is a little childish.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    For the record look at the labour voters protesting in london , sums it all up really, scruffy students and dead legs lol.

Hundreds protest was the headline, millions voted but these creatures seem to think that its ok to waste police time by stamping their little feet.

Pathetic.

Water cannon anyone ?
    Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pathetic.

Water cannon anyone ?
    Whatever did happen to Boris and his water cannons?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

The people who are stuck on the far left really don't understand democracy do they

If the Brexiteers lost and then went out protesting then they would be labelled as mindless racist thugs.

If labour won all of their usual strongholds and people went out protesting then they would be labelled as mindless racist thugs.

All the gnashing of teeth isn't going to change anything, I don't like or trust Bozza but he has said that he is going to do his best for the people that loaned him their vote and (unfortunately I was one of those people) and now I've gotta sit tight and wait and see if he is a man of his word (Which I very much doubt)

Beans I think that to say that anyone who voted against Labour is unpatriotic is a bit narrow minded, everyone is entitled to vote for whoever they want for whatever reasons, you might not agree with their reasons but to chuck insults around is a little childish.
    You my friend nailed it with this post.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure their are millions of people who voted with the very best of intentions. It is also true though that they voted on the basis of a massive pack of outright lies in many cases, and this seems to be being very conveniently buried and forgotten.

There are two separate issues though.

I can understand why many would have voted for Brexit. I have always said you can make a very strong case, even as someone on the left (far left even) for Brexit. One of my brothers voted for Brexit , my step-son voted for Brexit , Master voted for Brexit, but weirdly because I voted, after much soul searching, 'Remain' I have had to put up with years here of being called unpatriotic and undemocratic. Mainly, ironically, by Americans who struggle to know the difference between the UK , England , Scotland and Wales.

In the referendum I voted with England and the UK'S best interest at heart and what would be best for my family and the generations to come. I did the same thing in the General Election, but with the crucial difference that the most important thing was removing a party that is full of bad actors and has already begun selling the United Kingdom off. Not just our assets, like Nuclear to the Chinese and French the NHS and healthcare to corporations like Virgin and ATOS (how unpatriotic is that?), but much of our cultural and traditional heritage as well as showing scant disregard for the environment and one of the things that defines us as a nation, small businesses.

The Tories have made it clear everything is for sale. To be complicit in voting for that is utterly unpatriotic.

They have shown disrespect for all the things supposed Patriots are supposed to venerate - The Sovereignty of Parliament and the The Rule of Law.

The shrinking of the state through Austerity is deeply, deeply unpatriotic. I do not say these things lightly. Patriotism (pride in country) is massively compromised when you shrink and sell of the public services that make it great. It betrays the country and it's people.

Patriotism is not hating the EU. That is an American religion. Fuck that. Patriotism for us Brits is about celebrating and being proud of what we have created together as a nation. Galleries, Parks, Schools, Hospitals, etc not selling them off and closing them en masse.

If people really could not vote for labour there were plenty of alternatives, including 'None of the above',but many former Labour supporters did vote Tory, and so they willingly acted against the best interest of the UK. Just because it was 'To Get Brexit Done' does not instantly absolve them of responsibility and make them patriots.

I am sure many were and continue to be ignorant but to claim because they wave a foreign made flag like the American equivalent, that they are patriotic is just not true.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Pathetic.

Water cannon anyone ?

The reality is that most of those who voted conservative finished work way before 5. Years ago, because so many of them are retired
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Having been warned by someone, who thought the election was dead close because of secret insider sources, that the UK is on the verge of turning into a fascist tyranny, I thought I would start a thread to observe the evolution of King Boris as Prime Minister of the great nation of the British people. I, like many, would hate to see it turn into that, so this is a thread to observe the true evolution of Boris as leader and we can debate the pros and cons.

After a day I see no sign of anything imminent and Boris has likely had a bit of a kip.
    On the road to becoming, or has it always been for quite some time now? Britain had some decency right after the Glorious Revolution, but the monarchy found a way to "get along". If it had not been for the Beast of Bolsover Dennis Skinner in the parliament I would have given up on the democracy.

They have a permanent under-class that will NEVER taste true power or experience the finer life. And they know it. No different than a 3 world country.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure their are millions of people who voted with the very best of intentions. It is also true though that they voted on the basis of a massive pack of outright lies in many cases, and this seems to be being very conveniently buried and forgotten.

There are two separate issues though.

I can understand why many would have voted for Brexit. I have always said you can make a very strong case, even as someone on the left (far left even) for Brexit. One of my brothers voted for Brexit , my step-son voted for Brexit , Master voted for Brexit, but weirdly because I voted, after much soul searching, 'Remain' I have had to put up with years here of being called unpatriotic and undemocratic. Mainly, ironically, by Americans who struggle to know the difference between the UK , England , Scotland and Wales.

In the referendum I voted with England and the UK'S best interest at heart and what would be best for my family and the generations to come. I did the same thing in the General Election, but with the crucial difference that the most important thing was removing a party that is full of bad actors and has already begun selling the United Kingdom off. Not just our assets, like Nuclear to the Chinese and French the NHS and healthcare to corporations like Virgin and ATOS (how unpatriotic is that?), but much of our cultural and traditional heritage as well as showing scant disregard for the environment and one of the things that defines us as a nation, small businesses.

The Tories have made it clear everything is for sale. To be complicit in voting for that is utterly unpatriotic.

They have shown disrespect for all the things supposed Patriots are supposed to venerate - The Sovereignty of Parliament and the The Rule of Law.

The shrinking of the state through Austerity is deeply, deeply unpatriotic. I do not say these things lightly. Patriotism (pride in country) is massively compromised when you shrink and sell of the public services that make it great. It betrays the country and it's people.

Patriotism is not hating the EU. That is an American religion. Fuck that. Patriotism for us Brits is about celebrating and being proud of what we have created together as a nation. Galleries, Parks, Schools, Hospitals, etc not selling them off and closing them en masse.

If people really could not vote for labour there were plenty of alternatives, including 'None of the above',but many former Labour supporters did vote Tory, and so they willingly acted against the best interest of the UK. Just because it was 'To Get Brexit Done' does not instantly absolve them of responsibility and make them patriots.

I am sure many were and continue to be ignorant but to claim because they wave a foreign made flag like the American equivalent, that they are patriotic is just not true.
    Nah don’t try to clean it up beanz you are right, anyone who voted differently from you is unpatriotic.

Thread Information