Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cotto vs. Floyd Jr. & "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Mosley - Saturday night fight thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs. Floyd Jr. & "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Mosley - Saturday night fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    Does anyone know what channel its on in England please.
    I'm from the US and just regurgitating what I read, but apparently BoxNation has the UK rights to this fight. I don't really know what BoxNation is.
    @Master should know the answer to that, let's see what he says.

I'm sure some of the members from the UK/Europe and elsewhere will be staying up late to watch this one.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 05-03-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs. Floyd Jr. & "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Mosley - Saturday night fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I'm from the US and just regurgitating what I read, but apparently BoxNation has the UK rights to this fight. I don't really know what BoxNation is.

I'm sure some of the members from the UK/Europe and elsewhere will be staying up late to watch this one.
    Since I posted I found out this is a pay per month service owned by Frank Warren. Not sure if it's online, television or both.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since I posted I found out this is a pay per month service owned by Frank Warren. Not sure if it's online, television or both.
    Probably both, but TV for sure, i've heard different things about BoxNation, I really don't know the details. I do know that they pay a whole lot less then we do for PPV boxing in the UK then we do here in the States, because @Master is always saying how we're getting ripped off here.

DIRECTV will be selling this HBO PPV in HD for $64.95 and normally I wouldn't buy it, but since it's the biggest fight of year, and i'm doing this fight thread, I don't want to take a chance on getting a shitty stream.

P.S. I'm gonna be pissed at myself if Floyd dominates, i'm not buying this to see Mayweather control the action, hopefully we'll see something competitive and ideally Cotto wins. (even if he does sleep with men)
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 05-03-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather is physically more imposing than Cotto when they are in the ring like he was against Mosely. I see Cotto getting pounded bu uppercut because of how he naturally leans in and holds his hands. I also see Floyd popping the body and taking the starch out of Miguel. Cotto stamina is always a Leary thing and Floyd is going to make EVERY punch count so couple that with Cotto's face tearing open quite easily I see him getting stopped late. Floyd has shown since JMM that he keeps moving Forward and stays aggressive even when Mosely buzzed him good.

It's a tough fight for me to root. Always been a passionate PBF fan. But over the years have grown tired of the lack of class. On the other hand Cotto has grown on me after the 1st Margarito fight and the wraps being loaded. From a human standpoint I was raged that a chunk of his prime was wrongfully taken by a 2 bit piece of cheating trash. How can you not cheer for a guy that loves his family and puts them 1st and won't utter a word of trash and is a complete gentleman? If Cotto wins I can say honestly that he earned it and couldn't have happen to a nicer guy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshio View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I honestly think they put Mosley in there just to make Canelo look good for a possible Mayweather fight next. I wouldn't be surprised if Alvarez would be the first one to stop Mosley in his career.
    I agree. I think Alvarez is a very good fighter. A bit too youthfull for these old guys... Possibly even Mayweather included.

Against Cotto though, I think it`ll be a spiteful tit-for-tat fight for the first six rounds then something or someone will give... I think Cotto gets on his shinny new bike and makes it difficult for Floyd.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 05-03-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I think the style matchups are good all around and I think Canelo-Mosley could be a barnburner if Shane can take Saul's punches and vice versa. None of the fights jump out to me and scream "There's a KO!" I mean if Cotto can last as long as he did with Margarito (loaded wraps) & Pacquiao (Weight drained & sans trainer) then I think he'll make it 12 with Floyd unless Floyd really steps on the gas and guns for a KO which #1 isn't Floyd's style and #2 would be quite dangerous. Cotto may not win a single second of the fight, but I feel it's niave to think Floyd will KO him even late on in the match....Cotto may very well hit the canvas a time or two, but he's got loads of heart.

I hope Pedro Diaz has a good fight plan set for Cotto to impliment
    I didn't really think Cotto was drained for the Pacquiao fight. I thought Margarito just took something out of the Puerto Rican warrior by using cement in his wraps. I also thought Cotto was too slow for Pacquiao. Cotto didn't look great in the final round of Margarito II either. It may have been the right decision to stop the fight because of the eye, but if the eye hadn't been an issue, I saw Margarito coming on strong. Pedro Diaz has done well, but he hasn't fixed the stamina problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshio View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I honestly think they put Mosley in there just to make Canelo look good for a possible Mayweather fight next. I wouldn't be surprised if Alvarez would be the first one to stop Mosley in his career.

Cotto has to make his move in the first half of the fight because once Floyd gets his rhythm and figure out Miguel's style it'll just be an easy coast to a decision for Floyd.
    I agree with you @Tenshio. I hope we're wrong, but I see Canelo giving Mosley a whipping, or Mosley getting hit with a good puch, and then running and surviving for the remainder of the fight.

If Floyd wants to end this fight early, I think he will. I bet Floyd comes out of his shell a little bit in this fight once he adjusts and times Cotto. I like Floyd by stoppage middle rounds.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who wins Mayweather-Cotto? Ask the experts | RingTV The experts overwhelmingly pick Pretty Boy, 23-1, and the "1" was Paulie Malignaggi. I stand by my mid-round stoppage for PBF.

With regard to Canelo-Mosley, same, the experts overwhelmingly pick Canelo: 19-1, with the "1" being Guerrero. Alvarez or Mosley? The experts weigh in | RingTV

As Guerrero makes the point, the only thing I see in this fight going a different way than I imagine is if 154 favors Mosley. It didn't seem to do him any favors against Mora, but Mora is awkward.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are they showing the weigh-in anywhere? Usually they do for the big fights.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could Cotto fight southpaw to give Floyd extra problems as Zab and Corley did?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh-in:

Cotto - 154
    Mayweather - 151

Canelo Alvarez - 154
    Mosley - 154 1/2 - Shane has 60 minutes to shed the half-pound, that shouldn't be a problem for the old pro.

Cotto looks bigger than Floyd, I really like his attitude, and I don't believe he's at all intimated. Should be a great fight tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh-in:

Cotto - 154
    Mayweather - 151

Canelo Alvarez - 154
    Mosley - 154 1/2 - Shane has 60 minutes to shed the half-pound, that shouldn't be a problem for the old pro.

Cotto looks bigger than Floyd, I really like his attitude, and I don't believe he's at all intimated. Should be a great fight tomorrow night.

More weights

Steve Forbes - 146.5 lbs.
    Jesse Vargas - 146 lbs.

didn't catch the weights for for the Quintana fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Could Cotto fight southpaw to give Floyd extra problems as Zab and Corley did?
    Cotto has a lot of variations in his game which should keep Mayweather busy. Cotto has also been more active the last 5 years, Floyd's inactivity and ring/rust may catch up to him. Contrary to popular belief, Floyd is not invincible, fuck the experts, i'm going with Cotto to win this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh-in:

Cotto - 154
    Mayweather - 151

Canelo Alvarez - 154

I dont think Floyd is wearing shoes in the staredown, Im 99.9% sure he is taller than Cotto

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Weigh-in:

Cotto - 154
    Mayweather - 151

Canelo Alvarez - 154

I dont think Floyd is wearing shoes in the staredown, Im 99.9% sure he is taller than Cotto
    I didn't mean height or reach, just saying, to me Miguel looks physically bigger, that may or may not mean something.

Thread Information