Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is AJ the most exciting heavyweight since Iron Mike Tyson?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is AJ the most exciting heavyweight since Iron Mike Tyson?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    One thing I will give you Eric, is that some people look at Bruno as a joke figure, and others think it's a bit insulting saying AJ is like Bruno, But as far as I'm concerned, Bruno had a fine career, became World Champion, and took it to a prime Mike Tyson and a Prime Lennox Lewis!
    none of today's British crop have got anywhere near achieving what he did, and because I believe Lennox is Canadian, I would have Bruno as Britain's greatest ever HW , above Bugner and Henry Cooper!
    Lennox is British and a cockney.
    So when he won his Olympic Gold medal, was he singing God save the Queen? Don't tell me, cos he's such a broad cockney, he was Mumbling "knees up Mother Brown" to himself? And he celebrated by eating a bowl of Jellied Eels and pie and Mash!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing fans are so dramatic. You folks sure support your own, bravo good sirs.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir Klitschko excited by Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte and may be ringside

Wladimir Klitschko is enthusiastic over the prospect of rising heavyweights Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte clashing and may even attend the event.

The London rivals - both unbeaten as professionals after Whyte (16-0-KO13) overcame Joshua (14-0-KO14) in the amateurs - clash at a sold-out O2 on December 12 with the British and Commonwealth titles on the line.

WBA Super, WBO and IBF world champion Klitschko (64-3-KO53), who puts his belts on the line against Tyson Fury on October 24 live on Sky Sports Box Office, has hosted both fighters in his training camps and is relishing the prospect of watching them settle their differences.
    Excellent, thanks master. Haven't heard about this guy until i read this thread. Interesting that Wlad is showing interest. This would be great if competition emerges again betwixt British and American heavy weights. That should get the forum going. On a side note, maybe Wlad wants to give him a big hug, for three minutes, several times, in one night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ isn't even close to being as exciting or in the same league as Tyson.

It shows how desperate the heavyweight division is right now when people are making ridiculous comparisons like this.

The first time I ever saw Tyson I knew he was a future all time great. He was doing things other heavyweights don't do and his knockouts and all action style together with that unbelievable defence set him miles apart from everyone else.

Joshua looks good. He's big and he hits hard, but he's only "exciting" because the heavyweight division is absolutely dire and anyone who looks half decent is going to stand out and seem like a potential saviour.

Fifteen or twenty years ago he would have been looked upon as just another promising young professional who hadn't really proven anything.

The comparison with Bruno is not supposed to be an insult. Bruno was a decent enough fighter, it's just unfortunate that he was around in an era where there were a lot of very good heavyweights and you had to beat the likes of Tyson and Lewis if you wanted a world title. Sure, Tyson gave him a good hiding, but there's no shame in that and he was beating Lewis. Had Bruno been around now, I wouldn't see him having any trouble with a Wlad or Wilder. Frank was a very dangerous guy who could knock anyone out with one punch if he caught them right.

AJ does remind me of Bruno or someone like Ruddock. He certainly doesn't make me think of the likes of Tyson.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonesque View Post
    AJ isn't even close to being as exciting or in the same league as Tyson.

It shows how desperate the heavyweight division is right now when people are making ridiculous comparisons like this.

The first time I ever saw Tyson I knew he was a future all time great. He was doing things other heavyweights don't do and his knockouts and all action style together with that unbelievable defence set him miles apart from everyone else.

Joshua looks good. He's big and he hits hard, but he's only "exciting" because the heavyweight division is absolutely dire and anyone who looks half decent is going to stand out and seem like a potential saviour.

Fifteen or twenty years ago he would have been looked upon as just another promising young professional who hadn't really proven anything.

The comparison with Bruno is not supposed to be an insult. Bruno was a decent enough fighter, it's just unfortunate that he was around in an era where there were a lot of very good heavyweights and you had to beat the likes of Tyson and Lewis if you wanted a world title. Sure, Tyson gave him a good hiding, but there's no shame in that and he was beating Lewis. Had Bruno been around now, I wouldn't see him having any trouble with a Wlad or Wilder. Frank was a very dangerous guy who could knock anyone out with one punch if he caught them right.

AJ does remind me of Bruno or someone like Ruddock. He certainly doesn't make me think of the likes of Tyson.
    All very well put.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I will give you Eric, is that some people look at Bruno as a joke figure, and others think it's a bit insulting saying AJ is like Bruno, But as far as I'm concerned, Bruno had a fine career, became World Champion, and took it to a prime Mike Tyson and a Prime Lennox Lewis!
    none of today's British crop have got anywhere near achieving what he did, and because I believe Lennox is Canadian, I would have Bruno as Britain's greatest ever HW , above Bugner and Henry Cooper!
    Lennox is British and a cockney.
    So when he won his Olympic Gold medal, was he singing God save the Queen? Don't tell me, cos he's such a broad cockney, he was Mumbling "knees up Mother Brown" to himself? And he celebrated by eating a bowl of Jellied Eels and pie and Mash!
    Our Labour leader does not sing the anthem so why should Lennox?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Its a case of do you prefer the dodgy chinned Gastropod who engulfs people with his size and mauls his way to wins , or do you prefer the toned power punching assassin, who oozes speed and power. That is the question.
    This is right up your street Big Gay Al

http://i027.radikal.ru/0711/9a/24cf702e9ba7.jpg
    @Master Could you please edit this so @Dark Lord Al and @Vendettos dream boat could be shown instead of just the link as for some reason I cant open the picture thing above without the page closing? Just want to put a smile on Als face. He seems a bit down knowing hes only got a few weeks left now

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Tyson is in damger of becoming tug boat material now too for saddos Mr Heavyweight judges Another few weeks and they will have his posters on their bedroom walls

http://t.co/jiENdJmL1Y

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by ross; 09-25-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm, seems Klitschkos toned body has fallen apart?

I think half of it fell in to his underwear at the press conference.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We do understand that this is all a bit of fun the school yard name calling , we also accept that your love of fat sweaty men is the real reason you group the rest of us into your silly childish name calling.
    I'm sure your mum and dad will accept you if you tell them your obsessive love for Fury. I'm also pretty sure most of the rest of us are already married , which if everything goes well for you then when you finish puberty you can do also , by the way I think Fury is already married to , so heart breaking as it is Ross Fury will never be your new name.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We do understand that this is all a bit of fun the school yard name calling , we also accept that your love of fat sweaty men is the real reason you group the rest of us into your silly childish name calling.
    I'm sure your mum and dad will accept you if you tell them your obsessive love for Fury. I'm also pretty sure most of the rest of us are already married , which if everything goes well for you then when you finish puberty you can do also , by the way I think Fury is already married to , so heart breaking as it is Ross Fury will never be your new name.
    You need to stop taking so much notice of physiques Al. Its almost every post.

In Fury and Klitschko I see one fighter and a reluctant champion clinging to the last hopes of becoming undisputed.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[I'm sure your mum and dad will accept you if you tell them your obsessive love for Fury. I'm also pretty sure most of the rest of us are already married , which if everything goes well for you then when you finish puberty you can do also , by the way I think Fury is already married to , so heart breaking as it is Ross Fury will never be your new name.
    I literally hope he hangs himself from his Fury light shade.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua v Whyte will answer questions regarding punch resistance , which is the only question mark.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not the only question mark.

We havent seen stamina or heart yet.

Could be another Price.

Thread Information