Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad is seriously risking his health in rematch

Not to $h*t on anyone's riff here. I know Fury is a fave among a lot of saddo-mites on the Euro side of the pond.... but i didn't really the see the one sided, near death beating the fight has become in some of the boxing circles since Saturday. The scorecards say drubbing and yes Fury did take most of the rounds. Maybe many fans were just so tired of Klitch and his technical points earning, less risk, chin protecting style that any win was a Great win.

What I saw was a Klitch that looked positively befuddled. Intimidated by size, confused by an opponent that kept switching his stance, carried his hands low, and tried to bait Vlad into countering opportunities by feinting a lot. He didn't even know where to begin because his offense (linear approach) was taken away by fury's size. Once fury smelled blood, he cautiously used good movement and pot shotting to keep vlad in his shell. Occasionally taking advantage down the stretch with a combo here or there and walking away with the title because the champ stood in there and weathered a storm without a plan. If anything, i'd say that vlads arms were more sore the next day than anything else the next day.

I'll agree that the rematch might be pointless because of Vlad's showing. It wasn't that he got out pointed, out muscled, out maneuvered. I'm hesitant to use the phrase outfought, because to me that implies that Vlad was aggressively trying everything to turn the fight in his favor. I saw him do more gawking, standing, shelling and clinching than fighting. So in the sense that Fury used his movement, feinting and whatever was in his toolbox to nullify Vlad and keep him from getting confident enough to try to box his way to a victory... i'll say that Fury outboxed Vlad. I congratulate him and say i admire his candor when on the mic.

But really I think even taking age into account, Klitchsko is really being sold short (I'm not a fan of the younger Klitchsko). The best thing about him doing absolutely nothing this fight is that doing ANYTHING in the next fight would be better. He can certainly do that. There's a ton of things he can work on to stifle the feints, squirming and switching (not many will or have to take vlad out of his comfort zone and fury keeping his hands low actually does a lot of the work for him)...

- Depending on the linear approach because hes used to being the taller guy put him behind the 8 ball. Scrap it for the first half of the fight. Step around, use your angles and out flank him. When hes expecting straight punches from the 12 o clock position, land your hooks from the 10 and 2 positions. Go back to the frontal assault later when you have him on the run and hes stepping straight back.

- bigger guys make bigger targets. When he's feinting, switching and blading up on you from the outside, target the lead shoulder. It doesn't move as much, You don't have to reach as far to commit yourself and his chin is right behind it. So you cant miss-- throw it and you'll hit something. If Fury shrugs it off and gets complacent... small adjustments (inches to the inside) later will pay off big.

- When hes shoe shining, and carrying that hand low, step around, and close the distance and check it... to keep it low and out of the way while you're throwing your hooks.

....and after that its an easier fight. Height and reach are important, but "distance" in a boxing ring is relevant and not constant. It's more about timing than it is about just reach. -- This will/can all come down to Banks, and the rest of the team and whether or not they know what they're doing and whether Vlad believes in them enough to listen. I know i joked about him hiring roach, but a fresh respected perspective from anyone would help. Especially someone who can keep him loose. "Failure is not an option ..." and all that other Terminator BS will only lock him up again. Just my opinion. I could be wrong .
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fury really manhandled wlad. It is a shocking thing to see. He out-Klitschko'ed Klitschko!
    Manhandled him, made him into a dwarf, a little diminutive, pointless old man. Wlad had NO ANSWER.

I felt sorry for Wlad after about Round 6 or so. He had NO CLUE about what to do, and took NO CHANCES AT ALL. How is that an ATG?? NO CHANCES AT ALL. I saw no desperation, no wild attempt at creativity or throwing bombs or just applying huge pressure. Nothing. Wladimir was exposed in this fight like nobody's business. shocking how little he knows about mixing up his approach, how little he tried to vary his approach, how little he modified his style, to try to hold onto his titles. What a wet noodle! Pathetic.

But we always suspected that about him. Now this proves it.

Fury really fucked Wlad's midsection up. And face. Walloping shots to the belly and sides of Klit, all night long, and in Round 9 I loved that left hook that lifted Wlad off the floor and then the follow-up left uppercut, Wlad looked every bit the washed-up 40 year old. He should stay home in bed.

He made enough money grabbing and clinching over the past 10 years guys who were half his size. Now here comes a bigger one to dwarf him and manhandle him and outbox him.

It is a new Dawn of HW Boxing. Tyson Fury is too big and too strong.

---The chicken ~Kiev~ Chronicles, vol. 4

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Tyson Fury has charisma, personality, and is a great, exciting role model. Spontaneous, fun and happy.

everything the Robot of Kiev was NOT.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to Wlad he has been looking more and more one dimensional and let's face it, he has been in decline for a while. He is 39. How many fighters have been at their best at 39? Fury is nothing special. He just got a limited faded champ at the right time.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Rematches have never boded well for ex-champions. Wlad is risking his health.

Mike Tyson got smoked in his rematch with Holyfield.

Larry Holmes got beaten in his rematch with Michael Spinks.

Holyfield was beaten in his rematch with Lennox Lewis.

Joe Frazier was smoked in his rematch with George Foreman.

Riddick Bowe was beaten in his rematch with Andrew Golota.

Sonny Liston was beaten in his rematch with Muhammad Ali.

Floyd Patterson was beaten in his rematch with Sonny Liston.

Jersey Joe Walcott was beaten in his rematch with Rocky Marciano.

Wladimir Klitschko will get smoked in his rematch with big Tyson Fury.

There is nothing more that Vladimir can do that he didn't try to do for those 12 rounds against Tyson Fury the first time they fought. The danger for his health at the age of 40 fighting a young man of 27 is clear. He will try to redeem himself and go for a stunning knockout yet he cannot ever get the distance on the much larger Tyson Fury. Vladimir is not a good fighter moving forward or lunging in. The problem is that is the only way he can land a straight right knockout punch at the right distance. Tyson Fury knows this and he will take a step back out of range and he will throw a massive massive uppercut and decapitate Wladimir Klitschko and knock him cold and possibly injure him in a permanent way.

And I for one would not personally want to see this.

FACT.
    The most important thing he can do is throw more punches every round! He didn't do that during the first fight. You will agree to that. Right?
    It was a good win for Fury. No one is trying to deny that, he might even get fighter of the year for it, but it was terrible fight to watch.
    Watching Fury fight Wald was far worse than watching Wald fight anyone else, the only excitement of the fight was the fact that Fury was going to win, possibly.
    Unless something drastic happens with one of their fight plans, Wald will be in no danger. It would be much better for Fury if Wald decides to fight and Fury can get the KO.
    I hope Wald just retires, I do not want to see another fight like the last one!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Not to $h*t on anyone's riff here. I know Fury is a fave among a lot of saddo-mites on the Euro side of the pond.... but i didn't really the see the one sided, near death beating the fight has become in some of the boxing circles since Saturday. The scorecards say drubbing and yes Fury did take most of the rounds. Maybe many fans were just so tired of Klitch and his technical points earning, less risk, chin protecting style that any win was a Great win.

What I saw was a Klitch that looked positively befuddled. Intimidated by size, confused by an opponent that kept switching his stance, carried his hands low, and tried to bait Vlad into countering opportunities by feinting a lot. He didn't even know where to begin because his offense (linear approach) was taken away by fury's size. Once fury smelled blood, he cautiously used good movement and pot shotting to keep vlad in his shell. Occasionally taking advantage down the stretch with a combo here or there and walking away with the title because the champ stood in there and weathered a storm without a plan. If anything, i'd say that vlads arms were more sore the next day than anything else the next day.

I'll agree that the rematch might be pointless because of Vlad's showing. It wasn't that he got out pointed, out muscled, out maneuvered. I'm hesitant to use the phrase outfought, because to me that implies that Vlad was aggressively trying everything to turn the fight in his favor. I saw him do more gawking, standing, shelling and clinching than fighting. So in the sense that Fury used his movement, feinting and whatever was in his toolbox to nullify Vlad and keep him from getting confident enough to try to box his way to a victory... i'll say that Fury outboxed Vlad. I congratulate him and say i admire his candor when on the mic.

But really I think even taking age into account, Klitchsko is really being sold short (I'm not a fan of the younger Klitchsko). The best thing about him doing absolutely nothing this fight is that doing ANYTHING in the next fight would be better. He can certainly do that. There's a ton of things he can work on to stifle the feints, squirming and switching (not many will or have to take vlad out of his comfort zone and fury keeping his hands low actually does a lot of the work for him)...

- Depending on the linear approach because hes used to being the taller guy put him behind the 8 ball. Scrap it for the first half of the fight. Step around, use your angles and out flank him. When hes expecting straight punches from the 12 o clock position, land your hooks from the 10 and 2 positions. Go back to the frontal assault later when you have him on the run and hes stepping straight back.

- bigger guys make bigger targets. When he's feinting, switching and blading up on you from the outside, target the lead shoulder. It doesn't move as much, You don't have to reach as far to commit yourself and his chin is right behind it. So you cant miss-- throw it and you'll hit something. If Fury shrugs it off and gets complacent... small adjustments (inches to the inside) later will pay off big.

- When hes shoe shining, and carrying that hand low, step around, and close the distance and check it... to keep it low and out of the way while you're throwing your hooks.

....and after that its an easier fight. Height and reach are important, but "distance" in a boxing ring is relevant and not constant. It's more about timing than it is about just reach. -- This will/can all come down to Banks, and the rest of the team and whether or not they know what they're doing and whether Vlad believes in them enough to listen. I know i joked about him hiring roach, but a fresh respected perspective from anyone would help. Especially someone who can keep him loose. "Failure is not an option ..." and all that other Terminator BS will only lock him up again. Just my opinion. I could be wrong .
    If you didnt know, thats boxing!

Also, did his arms need stitches as well then?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury has charisma, personality, and is a great, exciting role model. Spontaneous, fun and happy.

Tyson Fury is no role model.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Also, did his arms need stitches as well then?
    Well see ross, arms don't have sharp bones close to the surface of the skin (cheek bones, orbital bones, the brow/forehead depending on the shape of the skull) pretty much unprotected by muscle and fat which would make it easier to cause cuts.

But hell, that's all stuff you probably knew anyway......don't even know why I bothered to type it out really.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury landed only 86 of 371 punches for a connect percentage of 23%. That’s pathetic for 36 minutes. Where would Wlads health be at risk from that kind of output? I’ve seen more punches land in a 3 minute bar punch up. That’s compubox. Some hired zipper head hired to use a clicker while he watches his facebook silliness. In reality Fury might have landed 50 punches. And 371 thrown? I never saw them. Poor guy must have been sitting between Lapdog and the Sky MC. I hope he’s not thinking that he gets away with that in a rematch.

Getting a little silly now Brock

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Fury landed only 86 of 371 punches for a connect percentage of 23%. That’s pathetic for 36 minutes. Where would Wlads health be at risk from that kind of output? I’ve seen more punches land in a 3 minute bar punch up. That’s compubox. Some hired zipper head hired to use a clicker while he watches his facebook silliness. In reality Fury might have landed 50 punches. And 371 thrown? I never saw them. Poor guy must have been sitting between Lapdog and the Sky MC. I hope he’s not thinking that he gets away with that in a rematch.

No, Wlad as I stated in my post there will be lunging in trying to redeem himself, going for broke, trying for a KO, which will leave him in a seriously vulnerable and chin-exposed position. Tyson knows this, its easy to anticipate, Wlad cannot just come in for another 12 rounds of POO-POO KIEV. he HAS to come forward this time---or why bother fighting the same shit fight again?

The rematch will be dangerous to his health. Big Uppercut. Lights out. Weak chin = possible damage

This is not silly at all. This is common sense. He will "try harder" (I KNOW its haard to imagine bwAHAHAAHAAA) but when Wlad "tries harder" he will really, really be open for the KTFO uppercut from Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats Pathetic?

What did Jennings, Pulev, Povetkin and Haye land?

Now thats pathetic!

Fucking morons!

Last edited by ross; 12-03-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I predict if there IS a rematch that Klitschko will indeed get KTFO inside about 6 or 7.

Huge Uppercut from the BIG MAN.

Damn he is a big fella.

Wlad finally got a taste of his own medicine.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Tyson Fury is no role model.
    Really?

Tyson has just proved with hard work alone you can achieve the staus as best in the world?

He hasnt had big media hype like Joshua is getting, in fact quite the opposite! Hes had rival promoters, fighters, "fans", little pussies who cant change their names because they lost a bet @Dark Lord Al on forums, boxing writers etc etc etc all deriding him for years!

Hes just beaten the best heavyweight for years through sheer hard work, skill and determination proving if you want something bad enough and willing to put the work in you can achieve it and thats no role model?

Maybe convicted drug dealer Joshua should be? The only blemish Tyson has on his record is a speeding ticket! Maybe Tyson should have lost before he complained about his toes and he can be a hero like Haye! Only heros lose.

Some people will never give him respect and thats fine but get ready to kiss your vaginas better because Tyson is going to continue making a mug of you and the competition!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Thats Pathetic?

What did Jennings, Pulev, Povetkin and Haye land?

Now thats pathetic!

Fucking morons!

Cut the bullshit name calling and I could give to shits what those othert clowns landed. The fact is, there is no freakin worry in this world or any other for Wlad to fear for his safety based on that display. Unlike you I can look at something from both sides of the coin and give both praise and resonable criticism at the same time and if you cant then shut you pie-hole.

Moron!

Thread Information