Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you do for no apprent reason..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Things you do for no apprent reason..

I always want doors closed, especially when I sit down and watch a movie on TV.

Always buy too much tooth paste and mouth wash. Just stack it for no good reason.

Constantly look at the mirror when I drive (good habit to have learned from my drivng lessons) but still indicate when no one is around.

Walk very fast.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You lot are all fucking bonkers.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Oh I drink lager in a really strange way as well, I lift my whole arm up with my elbow pointing right out, loads of people have picked me up on it, I think it's due to my hypermobility, that actually explains away a lot of the strange things I do with my body.
    Do you point your little finger outwards when drinking tea from a cup ? I do this and its sad. I think with a mug of tea you hold it with all your fingers tucked in , when you have large PAWS as I do with a little tea cup the little finger is uncontrollable and you look like a real Jessy.

I have very small hands for my size but still do that. I think I work with so many Jessies (actors, musicians, dancers, theater people, Luvies) it has just rubbed off.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing at all really. Everything I do has a purpose. The strangest compulsion is probably posting on here. But again it does have a purpose. I enjoy the posters and the discussions we have.

El Kabong Guest

When I unplug the iron I say beaver 1 2 3
    HAHAHAHAHA.....that's just silliness right there

Oh if I'm meeting someone at 2pm knowing full well that they will most likely be 1/2 hour late i still arrive 90 minutes early
    Absolutely, if you're 5 minutes early you're on time and if you're on time you're late is my rule.

Do you point your little finger outwards when drinking tea from a cup ? I do this and its sad. I think with a mug of tea you hold it with all your fingers tucked in , when you have large PAWS as I do with a little tea cup the little finger is uncontrollable and you look like a real Jessy.
    That happens to me....but only because I dislocated the damned pinkie finger and it hasn't been right since so much so that now I can barely signal the number 3 with my index, middle, and ring finger, I now have to do the Inglorious Basterds #3 with thumb, index, and middle finger, or the good old OK to signal the #3.....but shit that's hardly "for no apparent reason" I've got a fucked up pinkie finger.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Oh if I'm meeting someone at 2pm knowing full well that they will most likely be 1/2 hour late i still arrive 90 minutes early
    Absolutely, if you're 5 minutes early you're on time and if you're on time you're late is my rule.

That happens to me....but only because I dislocated the damned pinkie finger and it hasn't been right since so much so that now I can barely signal the number 3 with my index, middle, and ring finger, I now have to do the Inglorious Basterds #3 with thumb, index, and middle finger, or the good old OK to signal the #3.....but shit that's hardly "for no apparent reason" I've got a fucked up pinkie finger.

Makes for a great nose picker Lyle ?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Makes for a great nose picker Lyle ?
    Only if I want to get it stuck up there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Make sure your flies/zipper is up when you know it is.

Check the door is locked when leaving the house ....three times

Click my hammer toe against the floor through my shoe...really bugs the Mrs

Check the heating is off.. at least three times

Check the front door is locked after having already locked it at night

Say excuse me if I belch or something even when nobody is there

I could go on but think I have already said too much
    First just proper hygiene bud . I had a number thing as a kid, had to count-check things 5 times like light switches, doors closed etc. ocd for sure.
    I never touch a public bathroom door handle. I always use paper towel as a buffer. I hate those hand air drying machines, they limit access to paper towel. I also always use my underwear as a buffer when I scratch my ass
    Depending on humidity and meals that's advisable, lest you want to end up shits creek . I hate the swipe hand dryers. Always end up looking like a fookin bad magician waving his hands around to no avail.

I use scissors upside down apparently. Thumb goes in the small hole it seems.

Ordered pizza for work today and pre sorted boxes so they were 'variety' for each area. Rather than multiple people wandering around in main room looking for veggie this or thin crust that. I'm turning into some old biddy at a kids birthday party ffs .

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pace when on the phone

Also put on my professional voice when phoning a business

Always arrive early

Have use every last bit of something, e.g. toothpaste, shampoo etc

Shave everyday, even tho work doesn't require me to

Always have 3 ice cubes (never more or less) in my alcohol

Only ever eat one chip (hot or potato/ corn) at a time

Always close the toilet seat before flushing
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I always want doors closed, especially when I sit down and watch a movie on TV.

Always buy too much tooth paste and mouth wash. Just stack it for no good reason.

Constantly look at the mirror when I drive (good habit to have learned from my drivng lessons) but still indicate when no one is around.

Walk very fast.
    Always have every door closed at home and free of obstacles because Mrs is understandably very wary of fire spreading and not being able to get out with limited mobility.

I used to straighten curtains, placemats, tables etc constantly but have channeled it into more productive actions over the years.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When i serve food every plate has to have all the items in the same place , and they all have to be put on the table the same way .
    I also have a specific spoon and pan which i make all sauces etc .

An example of a desert i made last week -
    Pretty sad really.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 03-25-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have conversations with my cat. She will look at me and say "meow" I say "what" and we continue like that for sometimes up till two minutes. She always walks away first which I think means I won

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes i talk to my dog all the time , silly really as he isn't going to answer

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When i serve food every plate has to have all the items in the same place , and they all have to be put on the table the same way .
    I also have a specific spoon and pan which i make all sauces etc .

An example of a desert i made last week -
    Pretty sad really.
    I don't think that is for no apparent reason though. That is good presentation. Makes the meal more enjoyable for whoever you are making it. Same with the specific spoon and pan. We have a flamby pan simply because it got taken camping and burnt on the fire so now it saves me ruining the others when I am running around like a cross between a headless chicken and the Swedish Chef from the Muppets.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Al is that Crème brûlée, Shortbread, Strawberries and Cream and some kind of Blackcurrant or cherry desert? Looks amazing. I am rubbish at desserts nearly always buy ready made unless the daughter has made a cake and dropped it around. The other half though does an amazing white chocolate mousse with cardamom. At first I could not eat it without thinking of the pink mouthwash that you get at the dentist, but have grown to love it
    Hidden Content

Thread Information