Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was your scorecard at the time of the Kov-Canelo fight stoppage?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What was your scorecard at the time of the Kov-Canelo fight stoppage?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Eh? I know wnough about boxing to have watched most major fights over the past 30 years. This is one of them odd ones with even Badou Jack, who surely knows shit suggesting 'fix'. The questions were valid and I haven't said that it was a fake KO, but do think it was a very peculiar fight.

No need for the personal stuff. You are a Mod and know better.
    There's no personal stuff, I'm allowed an opinion, if you're such a silly little snowflake that's your problem, i've already advised you to grow some balls and man up.

Badou Jack - "Respect to Canelo, he broke him down, hurt him, it was really close until Canelo ended it."

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What was your scorecard at the time of the Kov-Canelo fight stoppage?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I really don’t think it was fixed because I think the KO was real. Fighters aren’t going to allow their opponent a free shot to actually knock them out. I know that most of the oddities can be explained pretty easily but whatever. I give Canelo credit where credit is due. It was a legit win. Most fighters couldn’t go up in weight like that and beat even a faded Kovalev. I get that and am not denying that fact.

Kovalev just seemed happy to be there. His Krusher mentality was completely gone as was his chin. He didn’t seem like that even with Yarde. He still wasn’t anywhere near the old Kovalev, but he seemed to really go for it against Yarde and survive a much bigger onslaught of punches. Maybe the rehydration clause really wore him out or maybe at his age not getting enough time between fights really was too much for him. Either way, Kovalev was a different fighter that night. I think we all saw that. I’ve seen his other losses and he looked depressed afterwards. This loss he looked completely fine and happy. Just strange.
    Respect.

You see, Miles, this how a non-snowflake took my perfectly reasonable comments and observations.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Snow-nelo down 6-4 at that's time of those knockout. Means I had Kov up 6-4

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I really don’t think it was fixed because I think the KO was real. Fighters aren’t going to allow their opponent a free shot to actually knock them out. I know that most of the oddities can be explained pretty easily but whatever. I give Canelo credit where credit is due. It was a legit win. Most fighters couldn’t go up in weight like that and beat even a faded Kovalev. I get that and am not denying that fact.

Kovalev just seemed happy to be there. His Krusher mentality was completely gone as was his chin. He didn’t seem like that even with Yarde. He still wasn’t anywhere near the old Kovalev, but he seemed to really go for it against Yarde and survive a much bigger onslaught of punches. Maybe the rehydration clause really wore him out or maybe at his age not getting enough time between fights really was too much for him. Either way, Kovalev was a different fighter that night. I think we all saw that. I’ve seen his other losses and he looked depressed afterwards. This loss he looked completely fine and happy. Just strange.

Precisely what boxing pundits are saying. "Happy to be there"....... "fine and happy" after a devastating loss. And YES...... everyone saw that. Again, I didn't see the fight. But I've read enough accounts to know the story.

Besides, it's nothing vastly different to what I was saying would happen before the fight.

Kovalev is DONE. Canelo's timing couldn't have been more perfect.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fenny lashing out in a thread about a racist who preys on women getting knocked out. Is anyone surprised?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Fenny lashing out in a thread about a racist who preys on women getting knocked out. Is anyone surprised?
    Truss me, when "Fenny" lashes out, you will know.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev was fighting 'strangely' because he was trying to fight Canelo Alvarez just like Buddy McGirt fought Simon Brown.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Respect.

You see, Miles, this how a non-snowflake took my perfectly reasonable comments and observations.
    You can obviously add Alzheimer's to your list of ailments then, Beanz/Fenster. I was saying pretty similar things to begin with and yet you got triggered and launched pointless personal attacks. Fuck ya.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Eh? I know wnough about boxing to have watched most major fights over the past 30 years. This is one of them odd ones with even Badou Jack, who surely knows shit suggesting 'fix'. The questions were valid and I haven't said that it was a fake KO, but do think it was a very peculiar fight.

No need for the personal stuff. You are a Mod and know better.
    There's no personal stuff, I'm allowed an opinion, if you're such a silly little snowflake that's your problem, i've already advised you to grow some balls and man up.

Badou Jack - "Respect to Canelo, he broke him down, hurt him, it was really close until Canelo ended it."

He also said it seemed like a bit of a fix. In other words: 'Weird fight".

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf and friends, please accept my sincerest apologies, on further review it was extremely harsh to conclude your viewership of boxing be revoked until an understanding and display of respect for fighters becomes apparent. It was extremely harsh to call you - pathetic childish snowflakes who don't know shit about boxing. It was never my intention to upset, anger or all round perturb any fellow Saddo comrades. I will strive to become a better human and learn to respect everyone's opinion regardless. Fenster.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-05-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at this evidence, the expert pundits have many of the same observations you guys intuitively brought up.

Last edited by Fenster; 11-05-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf and friends, please accept my sincerest apologies, on further review it was extremely harsh to conclude your viewership of boxing be revoked until an understanding and display of respect for fighters becomes apparent. It was extremely harsh to call you - pathetic childish snowflakes who don't know shit about boxing. It was never my intention to upset, anger or all round perturb any fellow Saddo comrades. I will strive to become a better human. Fenster.
    I am not particularly upset, more confused than anything else, as I was just arguing that certain things seemed 'weird'. I also suggested possible reasons why they might have been weird. I don't understand why it merits being called a stupid child, a sick freak (or whatever it was) or harangued about dead boxers, or whatever else it was you were going on about.

Kovalev fought a strange fight and that is all I have said. I didn't even for a minute suggest the KO was fake or anything like that. It wouldn't be easy to fake spaghetti legs and would be stupid to allow a free shot to the jaw on the way down.

I apologize if I was rude too, nobody wants to be called Beanz which was probably a step too far. I know enough about boxing to know that Kovalev did not throw punches like he did against even Yarde and something made that happen and it was hardly Canelo who didn't really land significantly for much of the fight.

Who knows what went on, but regardless, most had Kovalev up and that was all the thread was asking for. An opinion on who was winning and maybe a little discussion that was all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Miles - I appreciate such a mature, sagacious and gracious reply. In future I will strive to behave in a manner far less uncouth, ill-mannered and outright uncivil. I meant not to befuddle, bewilder or flummox.

It was a marvelous thread until this oafish, unmannerly interlude. It will flourish once again, of that you can be assured.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Miles - I appreciate such a mature, sagacious and gracious reply. In future I will strive to behave in a manner far less uncouth, ill-mannered and outright uncivil. I meant not to befuddle, bewilder or flummox.

It was a marvelous thread until this oafish, unmannerly interlude. It will flourish once again, of that you can be assured.
    These flash lexical flourishes are a splendid way to build bridges and I salute you on having it in you to move on and not hold grudges like those lonely high court judges and from this point on we shall agree that Canelo knocked his man out well and that James Toney is still a star and on that note I will also agree with you that it was a bit Nunn/Toney like. If you are losing a fight then you have to knock the man out and Prince Harry did just that.

If there is one thing to be said about Canelo it is that he seems to be a rock and I am just unhappy not to have seen that tested this time, but that is the sickness in me and I shall strive to overcome it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have many site issue attempting reload on previous fight day
    Sergei Kovalev 96
    Canelo 94

Thread Information