0 0%
  • Martinez by Decision

9 37.50%
  • Dzinziruk by Decision

4 16.67%
  • Draw

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martinez vs Dzinziruk. Who do you got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Martinez vs Dzinziruk. Who do you got?

Last edited by :::PSL:::; 03-07-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Martinez vs Dzinziruk. Who do you got?

I know many of you are going for Martinez. But I got Dzinziruk by decision. He's the better boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    I know many of you are going for Martinez. But I got Dzinziruk by decision. He's the better boxer.
    Martinez by KO.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lets se what he does the kiev cruncher when he fights a guy like martinez who's fought top competition. and consistently. undefeeeated recors mean piss to me if its against unknowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    lets se what he does the kiev cruncher when he fights a guy like martinez who's fought top competition. and consistently. undefeeeated recors mean piss to me if its against unknowns.
    Dzinziruk pissed Martinez off when he said that there really wasn't anything special about him. I think he'll change his tune when he's trying to shake the cobb webs out wondering what the license plate of the bus that hit him was.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Dzinziruk got somethin to prove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Dzinziruk got somethin to prove.
    Yup. He's gonna come up short, though. He's a very good technical boxer but technique will only go so far when you're facing the angles and sneaky power Sergio has. Dzinziruk will jab behind a high guard and be tough to hit. I'm sure McGirt is figuring on the jab disrupting Sergio's timing but it's going to take more than that and all the "C'mon, baby"s that Buddy says aren't going to save Dzinziruk from drowning.

All I have to say is these just came today...

photo.jpg
    Last edited by PRIDE OF BOSTON; 03-07-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I the only one here who think this is a tough assignment for Martinez? Sure, he's got skills and power. But c'mon. I think he's being overrate right now. He's damn division is fully loaded, Pirog, Golovkin, Lemieux, Korobov. I mean he should stop acting like a coward and man up and face some real competition. The guy already ducked Pirog by trying to pick smaller men like Cotto, Mayweather, or Pacquaio.

He defeated the alcoholic Pavlik a guy with personal and physical ailments who probably his career was over at that time. He knocked out Williams which he had a hard time disposing him in their first fight... same Williams that already got exposed by Quintana. Sure he got robbed against Cintron... But he couldn't make a real statement against Cintron?... Cintron?
    Last edited by :::PSL:::; 03-07-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I the only one here who think this is a tough assignment for Martinez? Sure, he's got skills and power. But c'mon. I think he's being overrate right now. He's damn division is fully loaded, Pirog, Golovkin, Lemieux, Korobov. I mean he should stop acting like a coward and man up and face some real competition. The guy already ducked Pirog by trying to pick smaller men like Cotto, Mayweather, or Pacquaio.

He defeated the alcoholic Pavlik a guy with personal and physical ailments who probably his career was over at that time. He knocked out Williams which he had a hard time disposing him in their first fight (draw)... same Williams that already got exposed by Quintana. Sure he got robbed against Cintron... But he couldn't make a real statement against Cintron?... Cintron?
    We'll see. I'll sig bet you that "The coward" Martinez beats Dzinziruk.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

He defeated the alcoholic Pavlik a guy with personal and physical ailments who probably his career was over at that time. He knocked out Williams which he had a hard time disposing him in their first fight (draw)... same Williams that already got exposed by Quintana. Sure he got robbed against Cintron... But he couldn't make a real statement against Cintron?... Cintron?
    Umm...mm Tsk!

My confident level is low on this one.

I tell what. I'll sig bet you when he fights Pirog!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

Umm...mm Tsk!

My confident level is low on this one.

I'll tell what. I'll sig bet you when he fights Pirog!
    Fair enough
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He defeated the alcoholic Pavlik a guy with personal and physical ailments who probably his career was over at that time. He knocked out Williams which he had a hard time disposing him in their first fight... same Williams that already got exposed by Quintana. Sure he got robbed against Cintron... But he couldn't make a real statement against Cintron?... Cintron?
    Woah. This is completely uncalled for. While I agree that this is a tough assignment for Martinez, he by no means is acting like a coward. Talk about 20/20 hindsight. Williams was a top ten p4p fighter when he fought Martinez both times. Kelly Pavlik was only found to have substance abuse issues after he fought Martinez. He went into the Martinez fight as the 2-1 favorite. Check those facts. Couldn't make a statement against Cintron? He hit him so fast that Cintron and the Ref literally didn't know what hit him. In addition, Martinez only came up from junior middleweight for the Pavlik fight. Prior to that fight, he was fighting at 154.

Cotto fought Foreman at 154 and is fighting Mayorga at 154. Martinez fighting Cotto at 154 is not picking on a smaller man by any means. Martinez has said that he wouldn't fight Pacquiao because the size disparity is too great.

Has Martinez not earned the right to fight in big pay days?

There is a reason he is ranked in the top ten p4p because he's consistently faced the best competition out there and Dzinziruk is no exception. He is fighting the world's best junior middleweight right now in my opinion.

You mention Pirog, Golovkin, Korobov, and Lemiux. None of them have even been main fight on a Showtime card, let alone a HBO one. Hell, only Lemiuex and Korobov have even been on ESPN. How did they suddenly deserve a fight with Martinez?

I hadn't read he ducked Pirog? Where did you read that? Pirog was completely unknown to the vast majority of boxing fans and then made a huge statement by knocking out Danny Jacobs. So, what did he do with his new found fame? Work to get himself back on HBO? Talk his way into a fight with other big names in his division? Fight another undefeated up-and-comer? Nope. He went back to Russia and is fighting Javier Francisco Maciel in two weeks - an obscure Argentinian with not one key win. That is no way to show that you deserve a fight with Martinez. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

Now I posted before that Dzinziruk was a tough fight for anyone including Martinez. I still believe that to be the case. What Martinez has going for him is activity and consistently good showings against top quality opposition. In other words, experience. Dzinziruk's biggest win was against Daniel Santos. That's impressive, but it is nothing on Paul Williams, Kelly Pavlik, or even Kermit Cintron. The problem is that the fight has the potential to be a boring, tactical fight. So, while Manny fights an old Shane Mosley and Floyd remains inactive, Martinez is still fighting top guys in their prime.

You should give Martinez credit for this fight, not take it away from him.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-07-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Woah. This is completely uncalled for. While I agree that this is a tough assignment for Martinez, he by no means is acting like a coward. Talk about 20/20 hindsight. Williams was a top ten p4p fighter when he fought Martinez both times. Kelly Pavlik was only found to have substance abuse issues after he fought Martinez. He went into the Martinez fight as the 2-1 favorite. Check those facts. Couldn't make a statement against Cintron? He hit him so fast that Cintron and the Ref literally didn't know what hit him. In addition, Martinez only came up from junior middleweight for the Pavlik fight. Prior to that fight, he was fighting at 154.

Cotto fought Foreman at 154 and is fighting Mayorga at 154. Martinez fighting Cotto at 154 is not picking on a smaller man by any means. Martinez has said that he wouldn't fight Pacquiao because the size disparity is too great.

Has Martinez not earned the right to fight in big pay days?

There is a reason he is ranked in the top ten p4p because he's consistently faced the best competition out there and Dzinziruk is no exception. He is fighting the world's best junior middleweight right now in my opinion.

You mention Pirog, Golovkin, Korobov, and Lemiux. None of them have even been main fight on a Showtime card, let alone a HBO one. Hell, only Lemiuex and Korobov have even been on ESPN. How did they suddenly deserve a fight with Martinez?

I hadn't read he ducked Pirog? Where did you read that? Pirog was completely unknown to the vast majority of boxing fans and then made a huge statement by knocking out Danny Jacobs. So, what did he do with his new found fame? Work to get himself back on HBO? Talk his way into a fight with other big names in his division? Fight another undefeated up-and-comer? Nope. He went back to Russia and is fighting Javier Francisco Maciel in two weeks - an obscure Argentinian with not one key win. That is no way to show that you deserve a fight with Martinez. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

Now I posted before that Dzinziruk was a tough fight for anyone including Martinez. I still believe that to be the case. What Martinez has going for him is activity and consistently good showings against top quality opposition. In other words, experience. Dzinziruk's biggest win was against Daniel Santos. That's impressive, but it is nothing on Paul Williams, Kelly Pavlik, or even Kermit Cintron. The problem is that the fight has the potential to be a boring, tactical fight. So, while Manny fights an old Shane Mosley and Floyd remains inactive, Martinez is still fighting top guys in their prime.

You should give Martinez credit for this fight, not take it away from him.
    I completely agree. Pirog, although a belt-holder isn't that well known and Martinez' reason for not taking it is that it wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't increase his stock, and it wouldn't make much money. If Pirog fought a few more well-known or ranked fighters than it would be a good fight and would do well, but fighting an unknown Argentinian back in Russia isn't going to help raise his profile. He had a perfect opportunity to make a name for himself after knocking out Jacobs, but he hasn't took it.

As for this fight I got Martinez by KO. Should be a very interesting fight, I just feel Martinez will prove too good and too powerful

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To say that martinez couldn't make a statement against cintron is erroneous. He hit the guy so hard and fast that cintron and the ref thought he got headbutted, that's as good as it gets, he beat the guy twice in one night only to get a draw. I think you're having a little bit of fun callin martinez a coward he's far from one, everyones resume can be taken apart but martinez last four fights have been against champs or former champs so whatever.He's pure class in victory and defeat and I think he 'll take a 8 to 4 ud or somewhere around there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez by mid fight KO or decision.

Thread Information