Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Fielding Dec-15

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    But Lemieux isn’t a good fighter so what’s the difference?

I think we can expect him to fight someone good in May.
    If he beats Fielding , he’ll probably defend his SMW Title against the DeGale / Eubank winner , because he probably feels that GGG will either lose to Charlo or not fight him. That means he won’t be able to fight Canelo in May.
    So fighting one of those 2, (one past it, the other never been up to it), would be a far better risk/reward option than any other MW bar GGG.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    So BJS easily beats Lemieux and has a world title but still can’t get the Canelo fight?!..but Canelo will probably fight david next?!

And Charlo has to fight GGG and he’s the wbc mandatory?!

Golden boy runs boxing and Canelo is the Golden nugget.
    Golden Boy doesn't run boxing. Who do they have besides Alvarez?

Hearn and Arum are much bigger promoters, and Haymon is still the most powerful manager.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Wow! All of a sudden Canelo could be a 4 yes 4 weight World Champion . LMW , MW , SMW & Caneloweight!!
    I don’t think anyone was expecting this, but as much as I think Oscar is a prick, as a promoter, he is a fucking genius.
    First , he railroads the LMW division matching Canelo well enough to turn him into a superstar .
    Then he wins titles at the weight above without even fighting at the weight limit really.
    Then he avoids GGG and properly moving up to the MW division as long as he possibly can, and then times it to perfection as GGG is going over the hill just enough so that it can be competitive enough for the fix to be on without too big a fuss.
    Then he performs the magic trick of influencing the whole boxing world to the extent that his drug cheat barely gets a ban and stays the biggest star of the sport with the standout MW of the last few years BEGGING to be fucked over by him in every sense.
    And now, he gives Canelo a little opportunity to not worry too much about weight, meaning he can have a break from the PEDS and he can pick up a World Title at yet another weight, giving Oscar the ammunition to laud Canelo as one of the greatest Boxers of all time because he’ll be a 3 weight champion , yadda,yadda.
    Honestly , it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if they had an agreement for a catchweight of 164lb just to make certain Rocky doesn’t have a fucking chance because he has to boil down.
    How do the governing bodies let them get away with it?
    If I was high in the rankings for the belt Fielding has, I would be fucking fuming.

The only part I don't agree with on this post is that there are usually 3 yaddas instead of two.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where is @ykYADDAYADDA

@ykdadamaja

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by titofan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by primo carnera View Post
    wow! All of a sudden canelo could be a 4 yes 4 weight world champion . Lmw , mw , smw & caneloweight!!
    I don’t think anyone was expecting this, but as much as i think oscar is a prick, as a promoter, he is a fucking genius.
    First , he railroads the lmw division matching canelo well enough to turn him into a superstar .
    Then he wins titles at the weight above without even fighting at the weight limit really.
    Then he avoids ggg and properly moving up to the mw division as long as he possibly can, and then times it to perfection as ggg is going over the hill just enough so that it can be competitive enough for the fix to be on without too big a fuss.
    Then he performs the magic trick of influencing the whole boxing world to the extent that his drug cheat barely gets a ban and stays the biggest star of the sport with the standout mw of the last few years begging to be fucked over by him in every sense.
    And now, he gives canelo a little opportunity to not worry too much about weight, meaning he can have a break from the peds and he can pick up a world title at yet another weight, giving oscar the ammunition to laud canelo as one of the greatest boxers of all time because he’ll be a 3 weight champion , yadda,yadda.
    Honestly , it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if they had an agreement for a catchweight of 164lb just to make certain rocky doesn’t have a fucking chance because he has to boil down.
    How do the governing bodies let them get away with it?
    If i was high in the rankings for the belt fielding has, i would be fucking fuming.

the only part i don't agree with on this post is that there are usually 3 yaddas instead of two.
    ;d;d;d
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he has proven to bounce around weight to avoid the best fights until the right time for him comes along. I don’t trust that he will fight Fielding and then just come to MW in May and fight one of the top contenders.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Because he has proven to bounce around weight to avoid the best fights until the right time for him comes along. I don’t trust that he will fight Fielding and then just come to MW in May and fight one of the top contenders.
    True. I just don’t care much about Canelo. I don’t think he ever showed himself to be the best at 154 and I don’t expect him to show himself to be the best at 160. I think there are fighters in the sport and celebrities in the sport. Canelo is a celebrity. That isn’t to say he won’t take hard fights, his CV is nothing to sneeze at. Just, he is very carefully managed.

I just personally care far more about Saunders, Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, GGG, Charlo. My bias is that celebrities don’t interest me. Let Canelo do his red carpet routine, I don’t watch the Oscars. I watch fighters and am interested in fighters. The Oscars just don’t affect me even if millions tune in.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't see why clenelo needs oscar.. he's simply shadowing mayweathers career and could be making these moves by himself. Go up (catchweight for floyd to fight alvarez) find a greenie or a soft touch for a strap... This also probably a test of the UK waters to see if he can be profitable on DAZN before he signs with showtime.. seeing as hes a fighter without a home now that hbo pulled out of he boxing business. Cant see him signing with PBC or rocnation because he'll hardly ever fight and they cant afford him.

Unless he plans on staying up there to avoid the 160lb fighters (charlos, jacobs, GGG again, Andrade, BJS, etc). Whos really causing a panic at 168? besides Ramirez? Groves just got kod by a body shot, degales shot, Badou Jack is inconsistent, Eubank isn't really the goods, the dirrells are shot, Benevidez? Doubt ward can make 168 again .
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Don't see why clenelo needs oscar.. he's simply shadowing mayweathers career and could be making these moves by himself. Go up (catchweight for floyd to fight alvarez) find a greenie or a soft touch for a strap... This also probably a test of the UK waters to see if he can be profitable on DAZN before he signs with showtime.. seeing as hes a fighter without a home now that hbo pulled out of he boxing business. Cant see him signing with PBC or rocnation because he'll hardly ever fight and they cant afford him.

Unless he plans on staying up there to avoid the 160lb fighters (charlos, jacobs, GGG again, Andrade, BJS, etc). Whos really causing a panic at 168? besides Ramirez? Groves just got kod by a body shot, degales shot, Badou Jack is inconsistent, Eubank isn't really the goods, the dirrells are shot, Benevidez? Doubt ward can make 168 again .
    Benavidez is tough at 168, Smith just beat the #1 guy, Ramirez hasn't been impressive but would be a nice scalp. Some of those guys you mentioned could be looked at as easy money fights (DeGale/ Eubank winner for example).

I think it was Ron who said in another thread that Canelo giving up the title makes no sense, what do you think now? Canelo and GBP won't be dictated to. Which is the very reason the WBC ordered GGG/ Charlo, because they didn't want to upset the apple cart and have Canelo walk away again.

I think Canelo stays at 168, it's not as dangerous as 160 and he can make good money against guys that the public will begrudgingly accept.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doubt Canelo would take it, but obviously Callum Smith would be a massive test and the fight has a good story behind it what with him having beaten his brother.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will add I haven’t actually seen Fielding fight, so I can’t comment on what I think of this move. As has been said, it’ll depend on what he does afterwards. It is true that fighting 3 months after the Ggg fight isn’t bad, he could have just waited 6 to fight period.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Doubt Canelo would take it, but obviously Callum Smith would be a massive test and the fight has a good story behind it what with him having beaten his brother.
    Good point on the storyline, it's probably the best fight that could be made at 168. Benavidez could also make waves with a bit of building.

Poor WBC, granted Canelo a voluntary and he basically played them.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh trust me Clenelo ~NEEDS~ Oscar.

Heh heh,.... "Clenelo", fuck.....

He'll never live that down.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well this is unexpected :S.... I find this more interesting than a fight v lemieux. . It was already established that the promoters wanted another Canelo ppv this year and Saunders, deverechenko and charlo (convieniently) are al busy just now :as...it's for th fake wba title which makes it a bit gay and I won't recognize this as an actual 3rd weight class title win.but wot ever at least it isn't v lemieux who golovkin stopped and Saunders made look cap. .... they'll definently wait and see how golovkin charlo goes and could well just dodge middleweight, wouldn't be surprised if alvarez fights zurdo next year.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"fake wba title which makes it a bit gay ......"

Oh palmerq ABSO-FVCKING-LOOOOOOTLY

Thread Information