Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradley turns down Khan fight thinks he is worth more that $1.4 for the fight.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bradley turns down Khan fight thinks he is worth more that $1.4 for the fight.

As Gary Shaw and Fat Dan, Khan has signed the deal and is ready to rumble for July 23rd. Bradley has turned down $1.4 million according to his promoter Gary Shaw, I hope this is just games and he is trying all he can to get a bit more before signing.

To be fair Bradley holds two titles and is number one, but on the other hand he has no fanbase and his last fight was awful he stunk the joint out $1.4 million seems fine to me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley turns down Khan fight thinks he is worth more that $1.4 for the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    As Gary Shaw and Fat Dan, Khan has signed the deal and is ready to rumble for July 23rd. Bradley has turned down $1.4 million according to his promoter Gary Shaw, I hope this is just games and he is trying all he can to get a bit more before signing.

To be fair Bradley holds two titles and is number one, but on the other hand he has no fanbase and his last fight was awful he stunk the joint out $1.4 million seems fine to me.
    Yeah Bradley would be a fool to not take this, it's not like people are beating down his door to give him 1M+. If it is games then that's one thing, but if it's not that leaves us to two conclusions.

1. His team believe he can make more elsewhere.

or

2. His team believe Khan would end his career.

Bradley is a hardworking fighter, but I don't think he brings anything to the table that can trouble Khan bar a headbutt to the chin. He doesn't have that bingo shot and has the reach of a straw weight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley turns down Khan fight thinks he is worth more that $1.4 for the fight.

Wow shocking

Where else will he make $1.4 mil?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and what is khan getting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Bradley want's rid of Shaw and this is he last fight wouldn't surprise me if this offer is with a clause to sign for more fights with Shaw, just doesn't seem like Bradley to turn down a big fight like this for that sort of money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's crazy to turn down that money, i hope it's all a ploy to get more money. I want to see this fight happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What occured to me when I read this is that Bradley may be trying to position himself for a fight with Pacquiao for more money. If Marquez signs with GB and doesn't take the Pacquiao fight, who is left for Pacquiao that is a better opponent than Tim Bradley?

Also, what is Khan getting for the fight?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what, good for him. Little gamesman ship is not new and Bradley is at the absolute peak of career with serious run of solid competition! He's earned the right. I don't think he's second guessing chances or anything of that nature. Division is in full flux and Bradley is a player positioning himself. What is Khan purse, good question.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Probably 5 or 6 mil. I cant say I blame Tim really. Seems like a low ball offer.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    What occured to me when I read this is that Bradley may be trying to position himself for a fight with Pacquiao for more money. If Marquez signs with GB and doesn't take the Pacquiao fight, who is left for Pacquiao that is a better opponent than Tim Bradley?

I can't imagine a scenario where Pac would bother with Bradley, I mean on the business side it makes no sense, for the casual viewer it makes no sense. This isn't meant to sound like Bradley isn't a reasonable fight, he just doesn't have the draw to make it worth it. Sure Bradley has taken on all comers and has risen to the occasion, got up off the deck, powered through, who was watching though? Just us here at Saddos (most of whom stream the fights and don't contribute to the event monetarily anyway)

Now on the other side of the coin, the question is what does Pac have without JMM...........
    Brandon Rios could move up to 140 is Pac could go down there, he is a much better draw than Bradley and there is also already history via Margarito/Pac training camps.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Probably 5 or 6 mil. I cant say I blame Tim really. Seems like a low ball offer.
    5 or 6 million hahaha, you serious? How the fuck is he getting that? This aint on HBO PPV, he will not be getting much more than Bradley.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

I can't imagine a scenario where Pac would bother with Bradley, I mean on the business side it makes no sense, for the casual viewer it makes no sense. This isn't meant to sound like Bradley isn't a reasonable fight, he just doesn't have the draw to make it worth it. Sure Bradley has taken on all comers and has risen to the occasion, got up off the deck, powered through, who was watching though? Just us here at Saddos (most of whom stream the fights and don't contribute to the event monetarily anyway)

Now on the other side of the coin, the question is what does Pac have without JMM...........
    Brandon Rios could move up to 140 is Pac could go down there, he is a much better draw than Bradley and there is also already history via Margarito/Pac training camps.
    Come on man, Rios hasn't done nearly enough, not even close, to deserve a Pacquiao fight. Does he have drawing power? Right now he is fighting at 135 - imagine the backlash at that, Pacquiao fighting an unproven lightweight at 147, that's worse than Mayweather fighting Marquez at 147.

Bradley has been successful going up to 147 and is a unified champ at 140 and a top ten p4p fighter. Other than Marquez or SSM, there aren't any active fighters who have a draw worthy of being a Pacquiao B-side at his weight. With his win over Alexander, in my opinion, Bradley earned another big pay day, whether it is against Pacquiao or Khan. Bradley's the best of what's left.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Khan only got $750,000 for the Maidana fight, I can't see him getting much more than Bradley for this fight, certainly not as much as $5 million+ more.

I hope this is gamesmanship, it just doesn't seem like Bradley to turn down a fight with anyone especially for over $1 million. I think Skel might be right, it could be a clause to do with extending his deal with Shaw that's the sticking point.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on man, Rios hasn't done nearly enough, not even close, to deserve a Pacquiao fight. Does he have drawing power? Right now he is fighting at 135 - imagine the backlash at that, Pacquiao fighting an unproven lightweight at 147, that's worse than Mayweather fighting Marquez at 147.

Bradley has been successful going up to 147 and is a unified champ at 140 and a top ten p4p fighter. Other than Marquez or SSM, there aren't any active fighters who have a draw worthy of being a Pacquiao B-side at his weight. With his win over Alexander, in my opinion, Bradley earned another big pay day, whether it is against Pacquiao or Khan. Bradley's the best of what's left.
    Bradley/Alexander is precisely the reason I disqualify him from being in with Pac, they had less people show up than a busy day at McDonalds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley/Alexander is precisely the reason I disqualify him from being in with Pac, they had less people show up than a busy day at McDonalds.
    True Bradley-Alexander didn't do any numbers, but then again it was at the Pontiac Silverdome...yea the silverdome. If that fight had been in Vegas, Atlantic city or LA it would have been better, not great but better. You have to remember that Pac fought Clottey who was a unknown to the casual boxing fans and still did solid numbers. If Pac were to fight Bradley i would say it would most likely be at the Cowboys stadium so it could sell 50,000 or so seats plus the PPV's.

Thread Information