Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Richard Commey v Teofimo Lopez Dec.14th

I like this fight. Initially a lot of people wrote Commey off with Teofimo being anointed as 'the next' but I'm not so sure. Second defense of his 135 trinket for Commey and both are talking up Loma for winner. Teofimo got in some needed work last out and learned they don't all fall down..stay down..when you're unloading your best to the body. Heart says Commey but brain says Lopez has enough to have some tough spots but claim his first tin. Both may have to get behind Gervonta Davis but I'd love to see Loma go for the full unification and Davis to have a stiff test prior to Loma mega fight. No mention of undercard.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Richard Commey v Teofimo Lopez Dec.14th

Lopez may be extremely annoying but this is a much better fight than anything Davis has been in. Davis is Haymon, right? Can't see Arum letting Davis get in the way of a Loma Lopez fight.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez didn't look to be the superstar he was hyped up to be last time out but he's young.. If I remember right commey is a bit of a mad man who tires himself with intense assaults but doesn't get out of the way of much either... I'm expecting Lopez to win it in a way that will look good for him.. Of course commey has a chance to blow him away early on before he tires himself out.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez didn’t look unstoppable in his last fight. That being said, he is still young and he still clearly won that fight. I don’t care how good you are, you will always have fights like that. Some people will just be tough and won’t fall.

Commey is not at all a guaranteed win for Lopez, but I don’t see Lopez letting Commey get his shots off that easily. I think there might be a few growing pains, but in the end, I think Lopez stops him late.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob doesn't have to stop Tank getting in the way of Loma, his own team wont let him anywhere near him (Al). All the talk in the Loma-Campbell week was about fighting the winner of this, he wants to unify the belts. Cracking matchup in it's own right.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez' chin may get smashed like glass

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Bob doesn't have to stop Tank getting in the way of Loma, his own team wont let him anywhere near him (Al). All the talk in the Loma-Campbell week was about fighting the winner of this, he wants to unify the belts. Cracking matchup in it's own right.
    Interesting because Tank’s side said

“If Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis win that fight, I already spoke to Todd duBoef from Top Rank,” Mayweather told Gray. “We look forward to Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis fighting Lomachenko after this fight. We know ‘Tank’ fights in April. Lomachenko fights in May. I already spoke to Top Rank, Todd duBoef, and we’re gonna make that fight happen between Lomachenko and Gervonta Davis.”

Suggesting yet another Al guy had to go around Arum to have talks. And Arum says

“I mean...I think you should ask Floyd. Floyd called Todd [duBeof] and I think he was pissed off at Davis and he wanted to see Davis destroyed.”

Suggesting Mayweather was indeed trying to make the fight. Let’s see if Arum is reaching out

“Forget Gervonta Davis; he is in a different weight class,” Arum told esnews. “We’re not going over and talking to Haymon and getting tied up. We don’t need Gervonta Davis. If he comes to us and says we’ll fight Lomachenko at x amount. Well, okay, we’d listen. But otherwise, I’m not chasing Gervonta Davis.”

Doesn’t sound like how negotiations are done, let’s look, maybe it’s a Haymon thing, maybe Bob won’t make offers to Haymon

About Wilder 'We are sending out an offer to Deontay Wilder which will also go to his manager Shelly Finkel and his advisor Al Haymon, making this offer, which is a tremendous one, to do the fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.”

So confusing, in one instance Bob does business how business is done, with Al Haymon. In another instance Bob is saying he will do things how business is not done and people are trying to work around him. But here I provide quotes directly showing Arum in everyone’s words including his, with him in the way.

But blame evil Al, maybe provide a quote

For the record, Arum said he’d make an offer to Mikey after being hounded and hounded. He never did. Mikey said that Arum would neither take nor return their calls. And Arum did not deny that when he was asked.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 09-30-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s explore this Al in the way theory some more. Let’s stay with Loma since he is clearly not fighting the best, about the best

What makes it more disappointing that this fight might not be happening next is that Garcia is actually interested in the fight. According to Boxing Scene, he told the LA Times: “Lomachenko did good, beat a solid world champion at 135. I would love a fight with him. Hope we can make it happen in the near future.”

Arum, though, has poured cold water over any clash taking place next. He claims Garcia’s negotiation style make it borderline impossible to cut a deal, while their network allegiances don’t make things easier with Garcia aligned with Showtime and Lomachenko fighting for ESPN.

“Mikey Garcia is a worse negotiation than [President] Trump is going to have with the North Koreans.
    “Because of the way [Garcia] negotiates: ‘Oh, I’m loyal to [Stephen] Espinoza and I’m loyal to Showtime.’ I admire loyalty. If he’s loyal to Showtime and they’ve been good to him, let him be loyal to Showtime. Just don’t bother me.

“Lomachenko wants to fight often. We have all these dates on ESPN. With a Mikey Garcia [fight] it becomes the second coming of Mayweather-Pacquiao. The negotiations will go on.

“I’m tired of that. He wants to fight, let him call me. I’ll give him a number. If it’s not good, **** it. I ain’t negotiating.”

So we have Arum saying Mikey’s negotiations are bad, and following it up saying he won’t negotiate. Can’t be more clear who is in the way and FOS in this exchange Bob had with himself. Nobody with any sense would debate Bob is CLEARLY in the way in this exchange, he admits it himself.

So let’s look at when Bob might have been willing, if it was real or complete, utter, obvious BS.

April 12th 2019 "I want Mikey Garcia," Lomachenko says. What more needs to be said?

Right words, let’s see if they are genuine or BS

April 9th 2019 “Mikey Garcia has hurt his marketability because of the fight he had with Errol Spence,”

“The A-side would be Lomachenko now.”

So We have a situation where Bob refused to talk for years. Then suddenly they are willing to talk under the premise that Mikey understand he is the B side. He will be dropping 2 weight classes to be the B side when he could stay where he is and fight for MORE MONEY. Same BS GGG asked of Ward. Drop two classes for less.

Everyone should call this obvious BS for what it is. And everyone should call out the people that spin this obvious BS. And I can provide video of 20+ times Loma has said something and Bob immediately gives the reasons why it won’t happen. At some point you have to see Loma understands it and is working the angle. If I say I want to fight Steve then my promoter says why I can’t fight Steve I should turn to my promoter and say “it’s your job to get me Steve” and if I don’t say that over and over and over again I am complicit. Loma is complicit. But that’s just looking at the evidence, let’s hear the spin

For Bonus-here’s an article from 130 days showing Arum CLEARLY standing in the way of Berchelt/Loma even though others at TR wanted that fight. Bob has a history of being in the way but let’s blame Al(would love to see some history of Al blocking

http://www.neds-boxing.com/2018/02/05/miguel-berchelt-calls-out-vasyl-lomachenko/
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 09-30-2019 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It works both ways Mikey Garcia can ask for the fight too. Also it is true why did Garcia commit near career suicide and go up 2 weights to challenge Spence? Just insane and obviously his record is tarnished. Loma is the best at the weight and it is up to the other challengers to get in position and challenge him. Do you really think Loma is hiding and afraid of Garcia? Be real.

Promoters, tv companies and personalities get in the way of big fights that fans want to see but if the boxers are content getting paid what they think they are worth then why would they take an even bigger challenge for not much more money? This applies to Spence v Crawford etc.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quotes with no context? How convenient nobody can scrutinize every word Al says, well, not a single word he's ever said, but whatever.

As far as "Shorty" (Tank) is concerned, here's Leonard Ellberbe - a Crocodile shoes wearing Al disciple - on Saturday 28/9/2019 - "Tank is a ticket seller, a rising star in the sport, the only name between 126 and 135. Lomachenko, Haney, Garcia they don't bring nothing to the table yet, Tank put arses in seats, they dont! Tank is the guy, the one guy, star power, name recognition, they just be looking for a payday. Tank will fight anyone when the times right."

Courtesy Radio Raheem/Seconds Out Boxing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEV...v-kcp2PqQuJvHg

Here's another quote from Saturday 28/9/2019

"Tank already bringing Rappers, NFL, Basketball and Baseball stars. It don't matter who Tank fights, the fans are buying whoever he fight. We don't care about P4P or legacy, we fans of bank accounts. Period. The legacy will come in time. Give us time. We already got plans for 2021, this shit is chess not chequers." Leonard Ellberbe, on behalf of the boss Al Haymon."

What does this mean? It's standard boxing business, how all potential stars are developed. Shorty is being groomed boxing 101. Cultivated. Protected. Nurtured. Whoever gets him beat gets sacked.

What it means to PBC/Haymonites? Everybody ducking Shorty. They don't want no smoke. Everybody lying but Al.
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-30-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m just not going to buy the fact that Tank is going to fight Loma until he actually fights any sort of top contender first.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quotes with no context? How convenient nobody can scrutinize every word Al says, well, not a single word he's ever said, but whatever.

As far as "Shorty" (Tank) is concerned, here's Leonard Ellberbe - a Crocodile shoes wearing Al disciple - on Saturday 28/9/2019 - "Tank is a ticket seller, a rising star in the sport, the only name between 126 and 135. Lomachenko, Haney, Garcia they don't bring nothing to the table yet, Tank put arses in seats, they dont! Tank is the guy, the one guy, star power, name recognition, they just be looking for a payday. Tank will fight anyone when the times right."

Courtesy Radio Raheem/Seconds Out Boxing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEV...v-kcp2PqQuJvHg

Here's another quote from Saturday 28/9/2019

"Tank already bringing Rappers, NFL, Basketball and Baseball stars. It don't matter who Tank fights, the fans are buying whoever he fight. We don't care about P4P or legacy, we fans of bank accounts. Period. The legacy will come in time. Give us time. We already got plans for 2021, this shit is chess not chequers." Leonard Ellberbe, on behalf of the boss Al Haymon."

What does this mean? It's standard boxing business, how all potential stars are developed. Shorty is being groomed boxing 101. Cultivated. Protected. Nurtured. Whoever gets him beat gets sacked.

What it means to PBC/Haymonites? Everybody ducking Shorty. They don't want no smoke. Everybody lying but Al.
    Davis could possibly do big PPV numbers and they're not going to let anything like meaningful fights get in the way of him cahieving that. They'll fight Lomachenko when the time is right, which means when Lomachenko is about fifty and they think they can beat him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got serious questions about Lopez' chin. I can definitely see Commey touching him up.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I've got serious questions about Lopez' chin. I can definitely see Commey touching him up.
    Nice to see you back @Alpha!

Why do you question his chin? I have seen quite a few of his fights and have never seen him hurt at all. I don’t know if it has really been tested.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nice to see you back @Alpha!

Why do you question his chin? I have seen quite a few of his fights and have never seen him hurt at all. I don’t know if it has really been tested.
    Thanks powerpuncher, mostly based on sparring (yea I know it's only sparring).
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information