Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Forum "Turnover"

I got to thinking about the subject of people leaving the forum, and it seems people leave for one of various reasons:

1. Health or other life issues.

Real life sometimes smacks us upside the head, and can cause us to leave the forum. In extreme, totally sad cases, people pass away. Sometimes we know about it... sometimes we don't. We recently had such a case, and it shook the entire forum, for it was a well-known, well-respected forum member. Other times it's just life. Depressions, life changes, even changes in interest can all cause us to leave. Some leave for a long time and then come back, while others never return.

2. Banning.

On occasion we've had the forum member who just misbehaves so badly and so often that they end up being canned. I know of a handful of cases, but I'm sure there's more than I remember. Here, you get a lot of rope. You start off with temporary bans, but if the issues persist, they can become permanent. Or.... I guess if the transgression is serious enough, you'd get the boot immediately and permanently.

3. Lost interest.

Let's face it. As people evolve, mature, grow older, whatever..... sometimes their interests change. Maybe at one time they enjoyed belonging to this boxing forum, and then they didn't. So they leave. Can't criticize anyone for that, as we're all individuals and have our own tastes in life.

4. Getting "run off".

This is the one I can't understand. Lately there's been talk about "so-and-so" getting run off by some other "so-and-so". They don't get along.... they don't like what the other has to say and how they say it..... whatever. First of all (and stating the obvious), this is an Internet site. All of us who come here do so willingly and for various reasons. Some come in mostly for the boxing discussions. But others enjoy the other boards on the site, where we talk about everything from politics, movies, music, sports, etc. IMO, there are many knowledgeable, very articulate personalities here, from diverse backgrounds. For those of us who have been here a few years, you get to "know" the people on the forum. I use the quote marks because most of us have never met in person, which would be the ultimate "getting to know" one another. There are boo-coo arguments, some more civil than others. Some arguments get heated, and insults fly back and forth. Normally we try not to get personal, but as in real life, sometimes the argument gets away from us. But once you've been here for awhile, the forum becomes a sort of "family". (Sorry for the overuse of quotes). We get to know the personalities of the different people here. So getting "run off" from a forum that one presumably enjoyed at one time, is puzzling to me. There's always going to be personalities one doesn't particularly like. But that doesn't seem to be a good enough reason to quit doing something that is fun, and that one looks forward to.

Fortunately, for every member that leaves for whatever reason, there is always an influx of new blood.
    Some probably take a peek and decide to move on..... while others like it and stay, becoming regulars and eventually veterans.

To those who like it here and have stayed......

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forum "Turnover"

I have had all of the above and even declared I am leaving about 27 times. Still here.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All of these reasons tie in to the true culprit, @brocktonblockbust

Whenever I leave; whether my health suffers as a result of his abuse, I get banned at his request, lose interest or am run off due to his insensitivity or outright threats, it's all the same and it stinks!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You little ~Cock~ sucker. How utterly, utterly fucking dare you! Tito has riled your ass up (that little piece of shit in 2004 once said he would "vaseline-up someone's ass and fuck them anally") and now @walrus calls you a "potential" drinking buddy.

You are all horrid. +remember THAT beauty by @Gandalf ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I have had all of the above and even declared I am leaving about 27 times. Still here.

At least, bro.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#bringbackbeans

@denilson200

#prayformiles

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5 4 3 2 1...cue the name drops on that last one

Longest I've gone without being here was 4 days and have logged on from jury duty, hospitals, in the middle of 2 hurricanes, after a train crash, a friends burning apartment, 25 year High School reunion , a funeral, and the police station among other things. Slackers !

Life happens. People come and people go, interests change as do priorities. We're still here and all are welcomed and it's always awesome to see the old familiar faces pop in.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weak. Totally weak post. That's @Spicoli ..... Weak on the economy, weak on interest rates.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I check in everyday. Usually something here makes me laugh or get an update on the fight I missed due to work. I do miss slimtrae he was an interesting guy but I've been on other forums I drifted away from for no particular reason. It's funny though I read a paper by a shrink who wrote about the age of disposable relationships what with so many being on social media. Definitely bonds are formed through this medium but I think they can be,at times, code deep. @denilson200. #bringbackbeans

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@walrus only lets our bond get "code" deep when he's in between shrink appointments and confession, otherwise the guilt is to much for him. I think that's why he turns to @denilson200 for guidance so often.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#bringbackDenilson

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have vidgil now and Paul Kevin for every slim trae that we lose.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information