97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I watched the recent Trump speech and enjoyed. Also hilarious to see it posted by the Indy and over a million views and overwhelmingly pro Trump.

Let them put up a Biden speech and see the response.
    So true.
    Yup. And how many views do you reckon a Jo Jorgensen would get? You remember her don’t ya? After all, you voted for her!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I watched the recent Trump speech and enjoyed. Also hilarious to see it posted by the Indy and over a million views and overwhelmingly pro Trump.

Let them put up a Biden speech and see the response.
    So true.
    Yup. And how many views do you reckon a Jo Jorgensen would get? You remember her don’t ya? After all, you voted for her!
    Ouch!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    It is normal to need ID to vote, Kirk. What planet are you on? It is not a restriction. It is a means of proving who you say you are.
    It isn't normal at all. There wasn't a single state in America that required photo ID to vote before 2004 and only a handful of states before that required any kind of ID. And the laws passed since 2004 are nothing to do with fucking nonexistent voter fraud and everything to do with voter suppression. No voter ID is needed in Britain or most EU countries, you just need your polling card. You can read the post above.
    Wow, I have a whole new avenue in which to question the right wingers of America.

Texas Prosecuted 15 Illegal Voting Cases, None Involving Impersonation

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08...ses-none-invo/

Texas officials claim that the law is needed to prevent fraud, but only 15 cases have been prosecuted by the office of the attorney general of Texas between the 2012 primary election and July of this year, according to a News21 review of more than 360 allegations the office received in that time.

So I doubled down by looking for cases (proven) to see how they compare or contrast with Donaldict Arnold's claim of millions - I went to their homebase A right wing think tank- proving cases of fraud are indeed on the rise- they are swelling in numbers

https://www.heritage.org/election-in...-fraud-america

1,285 Proven Cases of Voter Fraud in America while that is a significant number it falls short of the millions claim, by oh...millions.

Heritage makes the claim in their research thagt they are not biased and point out fraud on both sides, so when I clicked on the Republican link

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/...e-dead-letter/

Wasn't a gosh darn thing stated about them, but about Democrats and some guy whose dog voted 4 times.
    On the Democrat link- they ran the gamut- pretty much letting their readers think all the 1,285 (about 26 per state) swelling cases are all democrats, hispanics and blacks.
    They and they alone vote fraudulently..so an ID is needed...unless one is in a state where only a gun carry permit is needed.
    Colleg voters with colle ID, not acceptablem, wow.

That's 1200 cases in forty years of elections, not just presidential elections. Thirty cases a year in all state and local and national elections and evenly split between Democratic and Republican fraud and half or most of it happening in uncompetitive states as regards presidential elections. So basically zero voter fraud. All the hundred of previous and future bills passed by GOP legislatures to suppress voting however does actually affect millions of votes. So there is very effective voter fraud going on and it's been done legally by the GOP for many decades now and affects every single election.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is normal to need ID to vote, Kirk. What planet are you on? It is not a restriction. It is a means of proving who you say you are.
    It isn't normal at all. There wasn't a single state in America that required photo ID to vote before 2004 and only a handful of states before that required any kind of ID. And the laws passed since 2004 are nothing to do with fucking nonexistent voter fraud and everything to do with voter suppression. No voter ID is needed in Britain or most EU countries, you just need your polling card. You can read the post above.
    Wow, I have a whole new avenue in which to question the right wingers of America.

Texas Prosecuted 15 Illegal Voting Cases, None Involving Impersonation

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08...ses-none-invo/

Texas officials claim that the law is needed to prevent fraud, but only 15 cases have been prosecuted by the office of the attorney general of Texas between the 2012 primary election and July of this year, according to a News21 review of more than 360 allegations the office received in that time.

So I doubled down by looking for cases (proven) to see how they compare or contrast with Donaldict Arnold's claim of millions - I went to their homebase A right wing think tank- proving cases of fraud are indeed on the rise- they are swelling in numbers

https://www.heritage.org/election-in...-fraud-america

1,285 Proven Cases of Voter Fraud in America while that is a significant number it falls short of the millions claim, by oh...millions.

Heritage makes the claim in their research thagt they are not biased and point out fraud on both sides, so when I clicked on the Republican link

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/...e-dead-letter/

Wasn't a gosh darn thing stated about them, but about Democrats and some guy whose dog voted 4 times.
    On the Democrat link- they ran the gamut- pretty much letting their readers think all the 1,285 (about 26 per state) swelling cases are all democrats, hispanics and blacks.
    They and they alone vote fraudulently..so an ID is needed...unless one is in a state where only a gun carry permit is needed.
    Colleg voters with colle ID, not acceptablem, wow.

That's 1200 cases in forty years of elections, not just presidential elections. Thirty cases a year in all state and local and national elections and evenly split between Democratic and Republican fraud and half or most of it happening in uncompetitive states as regards presidential elections. So basically zero voter fraud. All the hundred of previous and future bills passed by GOP legislatures to suppress voting however does actually affect millions of votes. So there is very effective voter fraud going on and it's been done legally by the GOP for many decades now and affects every single election.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Today in Trump land:

the Republicans once unified under Reagan's Thou shalt not speak ill of a Fellow Republican is null and void.
    Under Trump era: Thous shalt insult, label & lie.

After former house speaker John Boehnor called Ted Cruz a reckless asshole & lucifer in the flesh, cruz using his fiery powers, tweeted a photo of Boehner's memoir in the fireplace, which he called its "appropriate place."

https://www.businessinsider.com/john...edium=referral
    https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-put-...010140538.html

Dan Bongino and Geraldo Rivera both republicans got into a verbal spat akin to 2 lovers growing a part exchanging wordse like:
    “I want to see the country burn?” Rivera repeated incredulously. “You son of a bitch! I want to see the country burn? You punk! You’re nothing but a punk!”

OingoBoingo responded: "Geraldo, take a Valium. You’ve been talking forever. You really gotta pipe down. My gosh, you’re a 70-year-old-man. Calm down. Get ahold of yourself.”

Recently Republicans Anthony Scaramucci, Ana Navarro & Amanda Carpenter, the former senior communications adviser for Ted Cruz were supposed to be interviewed for their show of support for the party.. within minutes shit got wild!

"how smart Scaramucci is hard to say, Well, he worked for Trump, so I don’t know.”

Lemon, the liberal host was all too hapy to egg Scaramucci on & he did:

“You worked for Ted Cruz. a full-on traitor. What are you talking about? You don’t have any standing to say that,” Scaramucci countered.

“Excuse me? Excuse me, Anthony Scaramucci. You want to go there?”

The angry chick told the big Mucci to " Get lost!”

“Don’t be a hypocrite on national TV,”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01...other-1012880/

Republicans censuring all who didnt bow to Donnie from . Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, Sens. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.), and Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Fred Upton (R-Mich.) and two members from Washington state.

Republicans petitioned to remove a fellow republican, not a Democrat. Liz Cheney- she beat it, but boy O boy how often do we see such self afflicted wounds?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...19d_story.html
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1791938.html

Ask the Don- he seems set on creating the MAGA Party not to challenge bad republicans, but those disloyal to him.
    He wants his own website to counter all else.
    He wants his own social platform.
    Thats what's on his mind not the idea of bringing his party together, but to weed out all who still think for themselves.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ask the Don- he seems set on creating the MAGA Party not to challenge bad republicans, but those disloyal to him.
    He wants his own website to counter all else.
    He wants his own social platform.
    Thats what's on his mind not the idea of bringing his party together, but to weed out all who still think for themselves.

This sums up Trump nicely. It's been in his DNA from birth.

Amazing how some within his Party hung onto their loyalty till the very end, and... when shit like bogus election fraud claims and a revolt on the Capitol became too much for them to stomach... Trump turned on them and abused them like the puppets they've always been.

The "amazing" part is seeing how much humiliation these folks willingly subject themselves to.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems like we've neglected the Trump thread as of late.

So anyway, the following Tweet from Travis Allen, Vanderbilt engineer, regarding this year's Kentucky Derby winner... Medina Spirit.

BREAKING: Derby winner Medina Spirit turns down an invitation to Mar-a-Lago. Asked why, they said “If I wanted to see a horse’s ass, I would’ve finished second!”

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57166735

So is this anything interesting?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Numerous legal battles looming on the horizon. From the sounds of it he'll be too busy fending those off to think about a run in 2024.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump is slowly losing his grip and influence on the Republican Party. They seem to be getting a back bone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57180679
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Trump is slowly losing his grip and influence on the Republican Party. They seem to be getting a back bone.

In most cases, I don't think it's a matter of them getting a backbone. It's a matter of them knowing where the current of public opinion is flowing... and having that survival instinct that makes rats abandon a sinking ship. My apologies to rats everywhere for my analogy. They backed Trump through 4 years of lousy... scratch that... non-existent leadership. They backed Trump through 4 years of fear-mongering and divisive tactics which have brought the country to where it is today. They backed Trump through horrible management of the COVID crisis. They backed Trump through The Big Lie. They winked and said January 6th didn't happen.

But now... as opponents press forward... and it looks like Trump will be facing criminal charges as well as incompetence issues... they see the writing on the wall.

Backbone is something you have or you don't have. Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney are a couple that has always had one. Clowns like Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnell, and Lindsey Graham have NEVER had one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yer ma

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it gets blocked in the senate though, American politics seems to be set up to get nothing done.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not losing his grip. He's increasing his grip. It's his party. If he decides to run in 2024 he'll walk the nomination.

In this case over eighty percent of GOP congresspeople voted not to investigate a fucking insurrection. People who voted against doing it include the brother of the vice president who the insurrectionists were trying to hang. They are no profiles in bravery.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57166735

So is this anything interesting?

For any case involving numbers to have any chance with a jury prosecutors would need somebody senior at the Trump Organisation to flip on Trump and testify against him.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/a...xes-for-months

This is the guy they're going after. If they can get him to flip and testify against Trump they have a real chance with a jury.

Trump should be facing election fraud charges in Georgia too. What he did is the text book definition of breaking the law. Except recently I read that it might come down to how he really felt when he was breaking the law. If he felt he wasn't breaking the law then apparently he isn't guilty. I think bank robbers should try that defence when they get caught.

It's almost like these rich old white fuckers wrote all the laws to suit themselves in the first place eh. See also the endless shit that Trump is bang to rights guilty of in New York but can't be prosecuted for due to a whole bunch of reasons like this, statutes of limitations etc etc.

Thread Information