Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye comeback fight on free to air tv

David Haye makes comeback against Mark de Mori... but what can viewers expect from free-to-air entertainment channel Dave?

When David Haye announced he was returning to the ring, it was widely assumed his fight would be screened on Sky Sports.

But his heavyweight comeback against Mark de Mori on Saturday night will break the mould and be shown on free-to-air entertainment channel Dave.

Here, Sportsmail takes a look at what you can expect from the self-proclaimed 'home of witty banter'.

David Haye insists he always wanted his first fight back from injury to be on free TV as a reward for his fans' loyalty. Are you listening @Mark TKO

That immediately ruled out Sky Sports and Box Nation and in the end Dave was chosen over the more obvious choices of ITV and Channel 5, both of which have recently shown boxing.

No, this will be the first time Dave has broadcast a live sporting event but they are confident they have a team in place which will deliver the goods.

Production company Giant Film and TV have worked in MMA and director John Watts has a wealth of experience in boxing broadcasting.

David Green, director of Giant, told Sportsmail: 'From a sport point of view, it will still have all the credentials and integrity of a big boxing fight.'

Paul Dempsey will anchor the two-hour show. Having moved from radio into television, he has worked for Sky Sports, Setanta and most recently BT Sport.

While at Sky he worked on fights involving Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson and has also worked at the World Cup and Olympics.

The commentary team will be made up of lead Ronald McIntosh, who has covered boxing at four Olympic Games, and cruiserweight boxer BJ Flores who is a friend of Haye.
    Flores last fought last summer and has been working as an analyst in America on NBC for Al Haymon's Premier Boxing Champions series.

The only live fight will be the main event which is due to start at 9.45pm. After that is finished, there will be selected highlights from the five-fight undercard.

There will also be a half-hour preview show on Friday night from 8pm. It is believed there will be a break in the action of 45 minutes before Haye fights in which the fans in The O2 will be entertained by dance chart-toppers Sigma. It is unclear whether Dave will also show it.

Haye's fight will be the first ever to be broadcast live in 360 degrees. By downloading the Haymaker 360 app, fans can watch the action from all angles and access content relating to Haye's preparation for the fight.

David Haye makes comeback against Mark de Mori... but what can viewers expect from free-to-air entertainment channel Dave? | Daily Mail Online
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MARK DE MORI

The Aussie has fought against the odds all his life and admits he is lucky to be alive after suffering chronic asthma as a kid.

There were times when his parents came close to losing him, but the fighter inside saw him through more than his fair share of dark days.

He revealed: "I had a lot of really bad asthma as a kid, being in hospital, missing school. Sport was one thing I was good at but I was always in trouble with asthma. I am still a bad asthmatic brought on by allergic reactions and not exercise.

As a kid it wasn't easy with the asthma but it is something that I have learned to live with.

I learned to live with disappointment but number one is my health. I carry my asthma medications with me everywhere, I won't leave the house without it, that's how it is for me these days. I carry my inhaler with me everywhere, even if I am just going to the shopping centre, just in case...

I was in hospital a lot as a kid, basically sitting on the bed with the machine that helps asthmatics breath there. It was to keep me going. There was one occasion when I was about 15 and I was rushed to hospital so they could pump me full of drugs to keep me alive.
    I suppose you could call it uncontrollable at the time and maybe that is why I am so obsessed with carrying my meds with me everywhere. For some reason I never really worried about it as a kid - I developed an 'if it happened it happened' mentality. But looking back now, there were a lot of close touches.

De Mori even took the drastic step of quitting Australia to live in Croatia because his condition eased considerably there.

He explained: "Now I am living in Croatia in a city called Split and one of the main reasons is that my asthma is much better there.

In Australia it is a lot worse, certain places I go, I notice within the first three hours how my asthma is going to be.

Why is it better in some place than others? Well I guess it is to do with the pollen from the flowers or the trees and dust as well. I just have to be really careful."

De Mori knows he will have to be really careful against Haye, and that he doesn't get caught cold on the Hayemaker's ring return after three years out.

He said: "Haye is obviously the favourite and everyone knows who he is. Even if I am extremely nervous before a fight I know what my character is and as soon as that bell goes, I just fight with all my heart.

I've gone into fights with injuries that I've hidden but still fought with my all my heart. Whatever the pressure or people booing me the bell goes and I give my best.
    We have all seen fantastic fighters who have the athletic ability, stamina, strength and size but they can't handle the big time atmosphere, the big moment and they just crumble. I guess I have an inner confidence to fight.

I know Haye will come out and hit me with a shot that will hurt but he is going to feel me fight back.

I won't be falling over or looking for a way out. I won't be charging in there with my chin hanging out.

A lot people over look me because they don't know me. But when they watch me spar, they know I have a good jab, a good defence and am very crafty.

If people want to believe I am limited because of the way I am built, they don't really see the other qualities I have. That suits me. It's the biggest fight of my life, not the biggest of Haye's, not like when he fought Wladimir Klitschko.

Now he has a new trainer, three years out, maybe a bit rusty...who knows what will happen when the first bell goes?"

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me Master, you're loving this free to air TV So much, you've made this a Sticky! Hey @ross, have any of Fury's thread ever been given "Sticky status ?"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Fuck me Master, you're loving this free to air TV So much, you've made this a Sticky! Hey @ross, have any of Fury's thread ever been given "Sticky status ?"
    Dont know.

Do we need reminding that Furys the best hevayweight in the world and fighter in Britain?

Even without me his name crops up everywhere

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Dont know.

Do we need reminding that Furys the best hevayweight in the world and fighter in Britain?

Let's hope if he has 3 and a half years off, he'll have a thread dedicated to him with over 200 POSTS!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Dont know.

Ross, For a boxing blogger you really need to spell heavyweight right, now fuck off

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye - Presentation and Result

Here we are 3 years after a 'disappointing' performance in Hamburg from David Haye against Vlad. I was there.

He is now promoting his own show, at the O2! Obviously against a hand picked Aussie with a ranking, but is that unusual?

What is unprecedented is that a fighter is taking all the financial risks himself, not being tied to promoters with 'tame' dodgy connections to alphabet committee supremos all on the take.

Man deserves major credit for doing this, and organising this , and sticking 2 fingers up to the boxing establishment.

Hopefully he will present a good show and both live attendees and viewers will be happy.

As for the result.....

Clearly the main event is effectively the only event. Bookies reckon early Haye, as I do, but lets see a good contest.

Haye has taken a hell of a risk here and deserves credit, win lose or draw.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye - Presentation and Result

I'd like to join the praise here but I don't think Haye is doing this because of some moral stand against British boxing promoters. He's doing this because nobody is willing to back his play given the recent past. I'd wager he's burnt a few bridges along the way including pulling out of fights. On the other hand he could be trying genuinely to get back and get fans and has to go this route. I don't trust the guy. He's an event coordinator for himself. I think he's going to attempt to make a few million fighting stiffs and then retire again. I'll try to keep an optimistic outlook but with realistic expectations.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am excited about this fight and all fights that are free(ish).

Haye is doing it for the fans.

Haye out to crush Australian and line up bout against Olympic gold medallist

‘I don’t thing Tyson Fury will want to fight me – I punch too hard’

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An older, heavier, apparently wiser and less impetuous David Haye has been outlining his plans for when he defeats the Australian journeyman heavyweight Mark de Mori in his comeback at the O2 Arena on Saturday. Beaten in only one of his 37 fights, De Mori has acknowledged his perceived role as glorified sparring partner but insisted he is in London to knock out the former cruiserweight champion of the world. By contrast, while Haye expects his ring-rustiness after three and a half years away from the bright lights to force their contest beyond the halfway point, he seems certain of victory.

“Mark de Mori is a solid operator,” he said of an opponent with whom few in the boxing game seem even remotely familiar. “He has explosive power but I believe that levels of genuine world class over the unknown will tell.”

Despite weighing in at a career-high 16st 3lb Haye has looked relaxed and reasonably fit in the buildup to a fight billed as Haye-Day. He is certainly unrecognisable from the volatile, oafish loose cannon who caught Dereck Chisora with a ferocious right hand at a press conference in Munich back in February 2012. In the subsequent brawl Haye was seen to swing a cameraman’s tripod at the Zimbabwe-born boxer and he got the better of Chisora again five months later, this time inside the ring, in what has since turned out to be his most recent fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“At 35 I’m a bit maturer,” said Haye, who was forced to pull out of two scheduled bouts with the recently crowned world champion Tyson Fury in the interim. “Certainly less heated than the Chisora situation, that’s for sure. That was in the past. I learned my lesson from that. This guy [De Mori] got in my face but this time I didn’t try to hit him over the head with a tripod. You learn your lessons. It wasn’t the best thing to do. It was an instinctive thing – that was messy. This time I pushed him away and thought, ‘I’ll wait till fight night’ – and it’s just experience, saving it for the ring. No flipping tables over any more for me.”

Having recovered from a serious shoulder injury that precluded him from throwing a punch or even soaping himself properly in the shower, Haye acknowledged he will need to beat De Mori in some style to set off down the path towards another big payday. Whether or not he will get another shot at Fury after two aborted missions remains to be seen.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...hua-tyson-fury

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information