1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Impeachment 2: The Trumpening

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Already the rumor mill is saying things like Trump wanting to start a new political party, and shit like that. It's pretty certain he won't be able to run under the GOP ticket again... unless the Republican Party truly has a death wish and these spineless jellyfish can't get some sort of backbone transplant.
    You believe political parties can do far more than they actually can. They can't create good candidates. They can't do anything to make voters like politicians or make politicians more likeable. And they can't tell voters how to vote. If Trump is alive in 2024 and wants to run for the GOP nomination they'll be as successful in stopping him as they were in 2016. It's the voters who decide these things.

You got that from what I said

It's pretty certain he won't be able to run under the GOP ticket again... unless the Republican Party truly has a death wish and............
    A third party will never work but take votes away from Republicans. Actually it would be a good thing if he runs in 2024.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Already the rumor mill is saying things like Trump wanting to start a new political party, and shit like that. It's pretty certain he won't be able to run under the GOP ticket again... unless the Republican Party truly has a death wish and these spineless jellyfish can't get some sort of backbone transplant.
    You believe political parties can do far more than they actually can. They can't create good candidates. They can't do anything to make voters like politicians or make politicians more likeable. And they can't tell voters how to vote. If Trump is alive in 2024 and wants to run for the GOP nomination they'll be as successful in stopping him as they were in 2016. It's the voters who decide these things.

It's pretty certain he won't be able to run under the GOP ticket again... unless the Republican Party truly has a death wish and............
    A third party will never work but take votes away from Republicans. Actually it would be a good thing if he runs in 2024.

You see... I'm not anti-Republican. I'm just anti-Trump.

To address @Kirkland Laing , I'm pretty sure Trump won't be able to maintain his cult-like following at full strength after the weight of four years of normalcy, and the slew of legal trouble he'll likely (hopefully) be slogging through as a private citizen. Not to mention the fact that Congress could very well cook up a method by which Trump is barred from holding public office in the future... and it could very well be bipartisan.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

You see... I'm not anti-Republican. I'm just anti-Trump.

To address @Kirkland Laing , I'm pretty sure Trump won't be able to maintain his cult-like following at full strength after the weight of four years of normalcy, and the slew of legal trouble he'll likely (hopefully) be slogging through as a private citizen. Not to mention the fact that Congress could very well cook up a method by which Trump is barred from holding public office in the future... and it could very well be bipartisan.

If he's alive and hasn't been locked up and manages to stay one step ahead of the Clinton hitmen he'll walk the 2024 GOP nomination. His fans aren't going anywhere. It just depends whether he wants to run again when it gets round to the time.

For congress to ban him from running again you'd need a guilty verdict from the impeachment trial and then a vote in the Senate. The GOP would like nothing better than to defenestrate him but they won't do anything that leaves fingerprints because the perpetrators would all get primaried by Trump supporters next time they're up for election and they care about their reelection far more than say the state of the country. If the trial and banning vote were secret votes he'd be history but none of them are going to do anything that leaves a public record of what they did. Other than Romney and a few stragglers.

Thread Information