Thread: Manny vs Ugas

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny vs Spence to be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    some dinosaurs just dont know how to die.
    Part of boxing for great fighters to push it until they lose. Manny Pac is getting to the stage where even if he loses this fight it will not tarnish his legacy. It will further enhance it if he wins.
    I thought he meant Bob Arum. Perhaps not?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprise to myself I have no problem with this one . Manny has been rolling the lottery ball holding the microphone out for two years now, names flying around but hey with standing cemented and career status exercised in biggest way possible. Spence has put a decent opponent run into motion to be top 147 and I have zero doubt Manny is taking it seriously and as the last stand. Somehow I think he has more opportunities with Spence than trying to in and out speed with Crawford. Strictly style wise. If he hasn't grey geezered overnight he can surprise a stand tall Spence at least early on. I've put way too much thought into it. Spence retires him on his shield.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These types of fights would have been often had Pac left Arum a lot sooner. Arum was sure to have Pac fight Floyd's fighters afterward think DLH, Hatton, Mosley)

quote:
    As his former promoter, Arum has a hard time giving him the edge this time around.
    https://www.boxinginsider.com/headli...ford-we-tried/

Arum wanted Pac to take on his Crawford. with a lot of money. however Pac for some reason did the SAME TO ARUM FLOYD DID ONCE FREE OF HIM.

Arum was all over about Floyd vs Margarito.
    Arum was all over about Terrence vs Pacman.

In the end, there was never a shot of Floyd fighting Rito -regardless of the so called 7 million offer.
    In the end there was never real mention of Pac wanting to take Terrence fight where Arum again stated Abu Dhabi because the money is huge

Could Pac be so unhappy with the money Arum made off him that he is quietly dissing Arum? Whereas Floyd publicly trashed Arum?

This article really makes me think so!
    Bob Arum Targeting Manny Pacquiao or Errol Spence For Terence Crawford in 2021

https://www.thesportsgeek.com/news/b...wford-in-2021/

So, Arum wanted Terrence to fight either Pac or Spence and in the end both spence & pac are fighting!!! Damn I love it!! I so hope Arum is rode out of boxing JUST like King...with a wimper no one notices.

Pac is fighting Spence, because he probably needs the money. I am not going to keep forgetting he (just like Floyd) have now retired and unretired twice.
    There is actually a bad side of a story to me.

Pac is fighting a young killer for millions, while Floyd smiles and asks- why should I fight a prime fighter for millions when I can fight a youtuber for a hundred million?

Nevertheless Pac legacy is secured. With that said, Spence forces Roach to retire Pac on the stool 9th or 10th round and we witness the inevitable: a great who cant walk away...
    again...
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure Roach is not in Manny's corner now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am sure Roach is not in Manny's corner now.
    God forbid it is buboy.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather reacts to Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence Jr: ‘He is very dangerous still’

Floyd Mayweather has warned Errol Spence Jr not to take Manny Pacquiao lightly ahead of their clash of the ages on August 21.

Unbeaten American Spence Jr (27-0, 21 KO's) defends his WBC and IBF titles against eight-division world champion Pacquiao in Las Vegas, Nevada, and goes into the fight as an overwhelming favourite with the bookmakers.

It's the 31-year-old's first bout since he defeated Danny Garcia in December 2020.

But speaking to reporters earlier this week, 44-year-old Mayweather Jr, who outpointed the former 147lbs world titleholder in May 2015, has urged Spence to take Pacquiao seriously.

As 'Pretty Boy' sees it, he feels the 42-year-old still has plenty left in the tank.

"He [Pacquiao] is very dangerous still," Mayweather said (via BoxingNews24).

Mayweather decisively beat Pacquiao over 12 rounds in May 2015 to end the debate which had raged on for many years.

However, he recently named the legendary Pac Man as the toughest opponent he has ever faced in his career.

Teofimo Lopez, like Mayweather, has also preached caution to his fellow American, noting that Pacquiao has more experience operating at a higher level of competition, which could turn out to be a big factor on the night.

"Anything can happen, and Pacquiao has had a long rest too," Lopez said (via BoxingNews24). "I like both guys in that fight, and may the best man win, really.

"Manny has so much experience; he can get through anything.

"As long as they have the right plan, whatever they do, they’ll have that. They’ll be able to do all that."

Despite Lopez's admiration for Pacquiao, however, he refused to dismiss Spence's talents.

"However, Errol Spence, you can’t take anything away from Errol Spence," he added. "He’s still young, he’s in his prime, and he knows how to place body shots.

"He’s very strong at that; he’s like a body snatcher."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A win over Spence is 3x greater than a win over Thurman.

Thurman's off again on again career never allowed us to see his best. Nevertheless losing to Pac didn't expose Thurman, rather showed that Pac is dangerous (given the right style opponent)

With Spence? Different story. This dude throws punches in bunches, upstairs, downstairs 1,000 a fight if needed. Big, strong & skilled enough to say a Pac win would NOT imo hurt Spence's legacy rather validate how truly great Pac is (again given the right style to show it)

The stats of Pac fluctuates way too wildly to not see this. He throws 1,000 with come forward fighters but with counterpunchers he is reduced at times to just half.

Floyd Mayweather 148 outta 435 punches
    Manny Pacquiao's 81 outta 429.

34% accuracy vs 19% accuracy.

While Pac's team claimed injury prevented him from throwing more I am not convinced. When he had openings and cornered Floyd, nothing whatsoever made me think he was throwing while in immense pain.

Plus his fights with JMM show a trend- each time Pac threw less, landed less & had lesser accuracy- If JMM can force Pac to go from over 600 punches thrown to their trilogy of him throwing under 600, how is it not feasible to conclude a far better counterpuncher in Floyd would drop that % even more?
    157 outta 619 Fight I
    down to
    176 outta 578 Fight III

So against Floyd 81 outta 429 just doesnt equate to a one armed injured fighter.
    & Pac getting robbed vs Horn- he didn't throw that 1,000 bonanza-fest not due to counterpunching but a rough-houser. His output again- 580

Pac has proven from fight to fight the disparity can go from 1,000+ thrown to only 600 thrown back up to 800, back down...

I think with Spence He will look like he's stalled father time's clock because he'll have the chance to throw against a fighter who doesn't use a lot of ring movement.

Spence will be there and as usual, Pac's output is always higher against a fighter who is there.

I expect an 800 punch measure -no less from each guy. Only way it is lesser is if someone is KTFO'd!

This will be Pac's swan song-he loses with pride. And if Joshua Clottey could swell him up, throwing next to nothing- I can't envision Spence doing no lesser. I predict Spence will beat his ass so bad, we will feel sorry like Ali losing to Holmes, Leonard losing to Camacho...it will look convincing. I have never made a bolder prediction here.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh! & all these fighters stating Spence better take Pac serious, serious? Spence called Pac out! Called it a dream fight! He is bringing ass to the table, Pac better get some sparring to prepare him for a fighter who is powerful on the inside.

I saw a youtube video of Spence a few years ago throwing bodypunches with a dude in a backyard...he looked close to HW...playful but they were bare knuckle, that big dude caved in.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'EITHER-OR' Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence Jr is ‘a 50-50 fight’ says Danny Garcia, who predicts ‘somebody is getting knocked out’

MANNY PACQUIAO's eagerly-anticipated showdown with Errol Spence Jr is a '50-50 fight', according to Danny Garcia.

Pacman, 42, will challenge the New Yorker for the WBC and IBF welterweight titles on August 21 in Las Vegas.

The future hall-of-famer's chances of upsetting The Truth have been written off by many, but Garcia is refusing to rule out a Pacman win.

The former WBC 147lb king told Fight Hype: “I think it’s a 50-50 fight, to be honest.

"I can see both of them knocking each other out.

"And I think this fight is not going to go the distance. I think somebody is getting knocked out. It could be either-or."

Fan favourite Pacquiao hasn't fought since his emphatic dethroning of former WBA welterweight champ Keith Thurman in July 2019.

And Garcia reckons the ex-eight-weight champ will spring a huge upset if he fights the same way he did in his last outing.

He added: "If Manny fights the way he fought [Keith] Thurman, I believe he can stop Spence.

"But if Spence comes with his A-game, I think Spence can stop him with a body shot."

Spence Jr put on a clinic in his decision victory over Garcia last December.

But the slick southpaw plans to send Pacquiao into retirement with a brutal knockout.

The 31-year-old told Barbershop Conversations: “I’m preparing my body to get into training camp mode and do the best that I can.

“I want to get into the best shape that I can.

“Try to be as strong as I can to knock out Manny Pacquiao and send him off into retirement.

"I think he’s then going off to become president of the Philippines or something like that.”

Spence Jr isn't expecting an easy night at the office, adding: “I expect the same Manny Pacquiao that we get every time.

“He’ll come to fight, and I’ll come to fight.

"I’ll be a lot stronger and physically better than my previous fight.

“If he’s looking at [that video], he should be looking at the Chris Algieri, Lamont Peterson and the Kell Brook fight.

“If he’s looking at the last fight looking for weakness, he’s going to be in trouble.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15344...t-predictions/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao ‘out-boxed the s*** out of me’ in 2008 WBC lightweight title clash admits David Diaz

ONLY two boxers have fought both Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao - and David Diaz is one of them.

Diaz stunned many in the American boxing community when he upset the heavily favoured Zab Judah to take a spot at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996.

He turned pro shortly after the games and went on to have a stellar 15-year career - winning the WBC lightweight title along the way.

He joined Simon Maguire on the ‘Rocky Road: Rewind’ podcast recently to reflect on his fights with two legends of the sport in Morales and Pacquiao.

On August 4, 2007, Diaz came up against Morales - hoping a win over the Mexican icon would solidify his claim to the lightweight title.

“This is a guy who has been through many wars and has been champion three times.

“That’s what I thought it should have done - validate me as a world champion.”

The fight kicked-off at a frenetic pace but as Diaz charged in late in round one - Morales struck back and knocked him to the canvas.

“I was good - it was a flash knockdown,” he said, adding: “And with a knockdown I figured we were down by two rounds so we got to go back at it and go chase him and put everything I can on him.”

Morales in 2007 wasn’t the fighter he once was - but he still had plenty left in the tank and Diaz felt he had to force the issue to get the win.

The game-plan was fairly simple - “Just to keep the pressure on. I’ve always been a pressure fighter - that’s been my style...I was either going to make him quit or land a punch that was going to hurt him. That was my mentality going into the fight.”

And, it was a tactic that paid off with Diaz taking a unanimous decision on the scorecards after dominating down the stretch.

While Morales may have been on a downward trajectory - taking a title defence against Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao in 2008 wasn’t picking the easy option.

In his previous seven fights, ‘Pacman’ had stopped Erik Morales twice, beaten Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manuel Marquez, Jorge Solis, Oscar Larios and Hector Velasquez as he burst out of the boxing cult to become a global superstar.

However, Diaz was confident he could beat Pacquiao.

He said: “Like I tell everybody - if a fighter goes into a fight thinking he’s going to get out-classed or out-punched or just lose - then why is he even fighting?

“I honestly felt that I was going to beat Manny Pacquiao. I felt that I was going to be stronger and heavier than him, punch harder than him and I didn’t think his speed was going to be that much of a factor into the fight. That’s just how I felt - I felt that I could really beat him.

“But, obviously in the fight - it was totally different. The man’s speed was incredible...I couldn’t evade any punch or block or anything like that because if I was blocking one - it was because I already got hit there so I figured if he’s going to hit me again I can block that and he can hit me on the other side.

“It’s one of those things where afterwards I admit defeat obviously because he really beat me up and when he knocked me out - it was a punch that I didn’t see coming and those are the ones that get you and that one got me.”

At this stage in 2008, Pacquiao’s coach, Freddie Roach, was training his protege to be a more well-rounded fighter than just a left-handed KO artist.

The plan to smother the physically smaller Filipino back-fired - as Diaz admits now.

“We know he’s fast and he needs movement and separation in order to let his punches go so that for me was the way to do it.

“It’s just that he was a great boxer, a great fighter and speed is definitely what killed me. I mean - I can’t defend against it.

“He just out-boxed the s*** out of me with a bunch of punches and really did a number [on me].”

Diaz went out on his shield - losing by ninth round KO.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15370...le-david-diaz/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love 'im or hate 'im... you gotta take your hat off to Manny.

Here he is... on the verge of facing Errol Spence, on the heels of having beaten Keith Thurman.

Here he is... a veritable old man at the age of 42... doing what Terrence "Bud" Crawford has yet to get off his ass to do. Taking on the elite at welterweight.

Forget all the promoter BS talk, and all the blah blah blah about who's ducking who.

Here is the old man of boxing, quietly preparing to face his second elite welterweight in a row... while everyone else is flapping their gums.

Guys like Manny Pacquiao and Naoya Inoue are what's right about boxing. No hype... no fuss... no drama. Just big fight after big fight (wink at @TIC) without the sickening shenanigans about prima donna bullshit.

Pac may very well lose this fight... but all respect to the old man.

He'll be missed when he's gone and all we're left with are the drama queens of boxing with their never-ending soap operas.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Love 'im or hate 'im... you gotta take your hat off to Manny.

Here he is... on the verge of facing Errol Spence, on the heels of having beaten Keith Thurman.

Here he is... a veritable old man at the age of 42... doing what Terrence "Bud" Crawford has yet to get off his ass to do. Taking on the elite at welterweight.

Forget all the promoter BS talk, and all the blah blah blah about who's ducking who.

Here is the old man of boxing, quietly preparing to face his second elite welterweight in a row... while everyone else is flapping their gums.

Guys like Manny Pacquiao and Naoya Inoue are what's right about boxing. No hype... no fuss... no drama. Just big fight after big fight (wink at @TIC) without the sickening shenanigans about prima donna bullshit.

Pac may very well lose this fight... but all respect to the old man.

He'll be missed when he's gone and all we're left with are the drama queens of boxing with their never-ending soap operas.
    so you think michael d & jason m are big fight after big fight?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

STILL GOT IT Manny Pacquiao shows off lightning hand speed on the heavy bag at age 42 as he prepares for Errol Spence fight with date and venue now confirmed

Manny Pacquiao has put his famous hand speed on display in a training clip as he continues to prepare for his fight with Errol Spence

The 42-year-old boxing icon has signed to face the welterweight division’s prime, unified champion on August 21.

It has now been confirmed that the showdown will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

A full crowd of close to 20,000 can be expected as, at the start of June, Vegas opened back up to 100 per cent capacity.

Pacquiao last fought in July 2019 when, at age 40, he wrestled the WBA title away from another younger champion – Keith Thurman.

The Filipino started fast and scored a dramatic first-round knockdown before ultimately edging out Thurman by close split decision.

Due to his political commitments as a senator in the Philippines during the pandemic, he has not fought since.

Many expected him to retire from the sport and the WBA even made him ‘champion in recess’, upgrading Yordenis Ugas to become the legitimate belt-holder.

Now though, Pacquiao has shocked the boxing world once again and will face unified WBC and IBF king Spence on August 21 at the T-Mobile Arena.

Floyd Mayweather said of the fight: “I wish both of the guys nothing but the best.

“Of course, I’m behind Errol Spence 100%.

“I’m behind my people first, always, so of course I wanna see Errol Spence win.

“Actually, I’m gonna call him and give him some pointers…

“Manny Pacquiao, he has to fight, I don’t have to fight.

“I put myself in a position where I don’t have to fight anymore.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...-errol-spence/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny vs Spence

Manny got real tired in the Thurman fight.

Just imagine what body shots from Spence will do to him in the earlier rounds.

I want Spence to win so he can fight Crawford.

On the the other hand, I will be secretly cheering for Manny to achieve greatness.

Great match.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny vs Spence

I can't see Pac winning this. Being the most exciting fighter in the past 2 or 3 decades isnt the same as being the best.
    2 KOs in the past decade over Matthyse & the other He got KO'd (JMM)

His biggest fight and foe are 2 fold-
    He’s fighting the IRS and the Philippine tax authorities at once.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...h=691770666669
    2014-Manny Pacquiao Lands $75 Million Blow In Tax Evasion Case

We remember that...now fast forward to present day
    https://www.supermoney.com/manny-pac...of-68-million/

top tax rate at $39.6%,
    Recently released was this year-by-year breakdown detailing his tax debts from 2006-2010.

2006 — $1,160,324.30
    2007 — $2,035,992.50
    2008 — $2,862,437.11
    2009 — $8,022,915.87
    2010 — $4,231,999.01

Pacman states this is false-Now what makes me doubtful is this quote from Pac:Top Rank Promotions big boss Bob Arum deducting US taxes before he climbs out the ring

Can anyone verify that a promoter's job is to deduct taxes on their fighter's behalf?

Promoters
    collect money through ticket sales
    sale of broadcast rights to networks
    sale of pay-per-views
    sale to satellite distribution networks
    or sale of a site fee for casinos to host the event in lieu of collecting ticket sales.

When the boxer receives his purse money, he must give his manager his share which is a maximum of 33.3% in the US.
    He must also pay his trainers, cutmen and other people.
    After paying taxes, his manager and whoever else, a typical boxer may end up with a bit less than half the gross pay.

Now that is a general definiton and rundown, but is it correct? If so, this means Manny put his trust in a boxing promoter to pay government taxes?
    And he is still fighting because he may have no choice- but as far as who he is fighting?
    Pre-Arum he was in the ring with Morales, MAB, JMM. (via Murad Muhammad)
    Arum era (1 fight at 135 David Diaz)- not Juan Diaz, Joel Casamayor or then undefeated Kastidis.
    JMM chased him up the divisions- so I dont credit Arum. At all.

IMO 2016-2017-2018 were B.S. fights. ALL 3 years. No one here can say there needed to be a trilogy with Bradley, me included and I am an admirer of Desert Storm.

go back to 2013, 2014, 2015, which was your favorit year? The year he beat Rios- who was coming off a loss? rematch with Bradley or the greatest robbery of the fan's money in the history of sports Saturday, 2 May 2015?
    Take JMM out the equation- we got to, because he chased Pac and beat everyone in his path to get it done- not the desire of Arum nor Roach.

I am not trying to down Pac, I'm just keeping it 100; had he still been with Murad, he would have been even more exciting but he would not be 62-7-2, more like 57-10-2. Cause he would not have taken on Jeff Horn or Matthyse or Bradly x3. He would not have fought once at 135.
    Only Arunm could have set him up for a 154 title shot against a stablemate who hadnt won a fight either at 154, no catchweight.
    So he would have been a 7 weight division champ.

Post Arum- Spence baby!! why? because Pac always wanted to fight the best. Arum wanted to keep his cashwcow in tact and now he has lost him and is shit talking him & Crawford.
    As PBF states...I AGREE. Pac is now like Andrew Dice clays' Little Boy who blew...he & pac both need the money.

Spence stops him late if I haven't picked it yet.

Thread Information