Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jabbing Mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Touch of sleep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Lifting the elbow.
    Leaning forward. Letting the weight ride up on the front foot. Pushing off the front foot.
    When you step with the jab...the front foot hitting the floor before the fist hits the target. Not moving both feet.
    Not turning your shoulder into the punch. Not turning the punch over. Short arming the punch, not driving the arm all the way out.
    go to a pub and play a simple game of darts.
    Yeah but dart players dont have to worry about openings on over commitment or recovery to balance or need to counter anything, some keep their arm out after the movement too and the rear leg balances them.Just wondering if you are talking about aim concerning them if not then what part; full extension?
    Understand the elasticity of a rubber band and its retraction
    Understand Im a mod and can see all five of your other user names and prior history which adds up to exact reason you choose answer this way.
    Your future is in your hands here.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lifting the elbow.
    Leaning forward. Letting the weight ride up on the front foot. Pushing off the front foot.
    When you step with the jab...the front foot hitting the floor before the fist hits the target. Not moving both feet.
    Not turning your shoulder into the punch. Not turning the punch over. Short arming the punch, not driving the arm all the way out.
    Yeah but dart players dont have to worry about openings on over commitment or recovery to balance or need to counter anything, some keep their arm out after the movement too and the rear leg balances them.Just wondering if you are talking about aim concerning them if not then what part; full extension?
    Understand Im a mod and can see all five of your other user names and prior history which adds up to exact reason you choose answer this way.
    Lol

Look Charley, its best to keep a ClosedGuard while Harry potter is in a full Sprint or you could experience a Touch of sleep.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 09-14-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In case nobody realized, you're all being trolled by the guy imitating scrap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lifting the elbow.
    Didn't see this before making my post. It's sad how obvious it is every time this guy does this, and how much time he's spent doing it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greys got it spot on. If using full extension and shoulder touching chin, plus in balance, thats it. By leaning onto the front foot to get more distance, you dont the head goes forward with the punch. Leaving you open to counters, of balance with your chin nearer his fist.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Greys got it spot on. If using full extension and shoulder touching chin, plus in balance, thats it. By leaning onto the front foot to get more distance, you dont the head goes forward with the punch. Leaving you open to counters, of balance with your chin nearer his fist.
    Coach, it's the first time I post something here, but I have been roaming these forums for some years now, and have learned a great deal and new perspectives from your posts and videos. I would like to ask you, is there any way I could contact you personally? I cannot PM you because I have to have over 25 posts to do that. Thing is, it happens that I am in the UK at the moment and I don't know when I'll have again this opportunity.

Thanks in advance,

Filotas

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    Lifting the elbow.
    Didn't see this before making my post. It's sad how obvious it is every time this guy does this, and how much time he's spent doing it.
    Ha. You must be the same as me mate ,come in and read from the latest post upwards,I think we all do at times. That same issue starting me thinking a few arguments probably occur inside on the deeper boards that have longer threads when people do exactly that and get a hold of the wrong end of the stick from the start.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ditsious View Post
    Coach, it's the first time I post something here, but I have been roaming these forums for some years now, and have learned a great deal and new perspectives from your posts and videos. I would like to ask you, is there any way I could contact you personally? I cannot PM you because I have to have over 25 posts to do that. Thing is, it happens that I am in the UK at the moment and I don't know when I'll have again this opportunity.

Thanks in advance,

Filotas
    @Scrap

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Scrap: Hi again coach. Thanks for the reply. Sent you a message at FB, but the darn thing probably filters it and saves it to "Other" rather than your Inbox. Please look it up.

@Andre: I am aware that I somewhat bend the rules of the forums with these posts. Thanks for the understanding. Any chance of somehow allowing me to send PM in Saddo Boxing?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no problem.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ditsious View Post
    @Scrap: Hi again coach. Thanks for the reply. Sent you a message at FB, but the darn thing probably filters it and saves it to "Other" rather than your Inbox. Please look it up.

@Andre: I am aware that I somewhat bend the rules of the forums with these posts. Thanks for the understanding. Any chance of somehow allowing me to send PM in Saddo Boxing?
    I didnt know you couldnt private message mate, I get them from people who havent been here long what does it say? I'll try to look into it but Im not the owner of the site and havent got those controls myself.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By leaning onto the front foot to get more distance, you dont the head goes forward with the punch. Leaving you open to counters, of balance with your chin nearer his fist.
    thats the way archie moore threw the jab. he was asked in an interview leading into his fight with rocky marciano does the power of a jab come from pushing off of the back foot and he said in no uncertain terms that this is wrong and that the jab must be thrown from the front foot. he said that in boxing the front foot is the key and that everything you do in boxing is to be done around it.

archie moore is an interesting fighter. he does everything from the front foot leaning in and sending body weight over it. i think that by leaning in toward punches you shorten where the punches are going to go thereby giving you a lot of room to pull away from where you just set that punch to go. moore does this a lot. i think it was why he was hard to hit. he gives you a target. he takes it away. he already knows where your punch is going to go because he made it go there.

i think he threw jabs from the front foot because he always wanted to have body weight over the front foot. he wanted body weight to be over the front foot because he pushed off of it to pull back and away. that is to say that he would be leaning in and sending body weight over the front foot to shorten your punches and then push off of it to pull back and away to make you miss. floyd mayweather fights this way when he is sending his body weight over his front foot and leaning in then pushing off of it and pulling back and away to throw his pull counter. its the same thing those two are doing.

is archie moore wrong? your point that by jabbing from the front foot you throw your body forward into counters is true. you leave out that by jabbing from the front foot you can't send your body weight from back foot to front foot when you throw a right hand because your body weight starts out already on the front foot. rocky marciano was good at throwing a right hand because he fought from a stance that would have his body weight over his back foot. i think that is why he jabbed by pushing off of the back foot too. that is to say that he had to jab this way to throw the right hand the way he needed to throw it for the style he wanted to have to work the way he wanted it to work. i think the same thing is true for moore.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting, every fighter that beat Moore boxed of there back foot, plus He got beat a lot Charles, Burley to name two. I think today we understand the bodys mechanics a bit better. Having said that dont think Boxing techniques have improved, lots of reasons for that. one reason is understanding what moves you and why. Answer what moves you is your environment, in boxing its the floor, basic newtons law. why the body moves is to take the head where it wants to go, not the other way round, Mayweather, does it superbly. So has great propreioceptive ability. Interesting post.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of fighters do things in a less than optimum way. I wonder if, when he was young and had good legs, Moore felt the same way? Terry Norris, when he lost some of his legs, got real front foot heavy.
    Last edited by greynotsoold; 09-18-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of fighters do things in a less than optimum way. I wonder if, when he was young and had good legs, Moore felt the same way? Terry Norris, when he lost some of his legs, got real front foot heavy.
    archie moore vs rocky marciano is a really interesting fight. moore is leaning in to marciano with body weight over his front foot and marciano is leaning away from moore with body weight over his back foot. to hit moore, marciano must shorten his punches thereby creating a lot of space for moore to use escapology and pull back and away to safety, and to hit marciano, moore must over extend his punches to overcompensate for the extra space that marciano is creating by leaning away. this makes sense to me and i dont think moore is any wronger than marciano or marciano any wronger than moore.

floyd mayweather is very front foot heavy when he jabs. but he is hard to counter when he jabs because by having body weight over his front foot he can always push off of it, thereby stepping away and moving out of range from punches at any time. that is to say that because when mayweather throws a jab it is from his front foot, he can push off of it at any time, stepping away from any counter even when a jab is just half way out. he can always choose to push off of his front foot and to move out of range, stepping away from your counter.

i think this is why fighters jab from the front foot. i think this is why archie moore threw jabs from the front foot and it is something that is congruous with his greater philosophy of escapology in general. that is to say that it would not make sense for a fighter like moore to jab pushing off of his back foot the way it makes sense for a fighter like rocky marciano to. moore is different, but i dont think that being different means that he is wrong.
    Last edited by Yuzo; 09-18-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Thread Information