Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Eubank Jrs fight on ITV isn't terrible.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chris Eubank Jrs fight on ITV isn't terrible.

So unknown I forgot his second name during recording!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jrs fight on ITV isn't terrible.

This is the first time ITV have done ppv and hopefully it will be the last and it all falls flat on its face.

Eubank's opponent lost to Geale, who is shot and has lost to Cotto at Middleweight before his loss to GGG.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is the first time ITV have done ppv and hopefully it will be the last and it all falls flat on its face.

Eubank's opponent lost to Geale, who is shot and has lost to Cotto at Middleweight before his loss to GGG.
    Did he not stop Geale in 2? Only loss is to Jake Carr in a very close fight where he was the away fighter.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont mind the fight. But the PPV needs to flop. Cant have fights like this on PPV! Imagine how shite this card is going to be.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Did he not stop Geale in 2? Only loss is to Jake Carr in a very close fight where he was the away fighter.
    Does not matter Geale was shot and vendettos gave that as a reason why he is good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Frankie Boyle made some very good points.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Does not matter Geale was shot and vendettos gave that as a reason why he is good.
    I didn't at any stage say he is good.

Geale has lost 5 times and Renold Quinlan is the only one to beat him who hasn't been a world champion.

Mentioning also that on boxrec Quinlan is ranked higher than Andre Direll, Badou Jack and Lucian Bute.

and just below Martin Murray, Arthur Abraham and Felix Strum, doesn't mean much but obviously someone rates him.

This is a not a PPV fight fair enough but to bash his opponent just because you don't think hes a name in boxing or because you don't wanna pay to watch the fight is insane.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I'm not knocking the opponent, I'm knocking Eubank Jr. In a way this could be a good thing , because it could be a complete flop!
    However, Joe Public never cease to amaze me at how much they're prepared to be mugged off.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're having to look for reasons as to why a PPV might be ok, it means it's crap. Serving up crap on PPV is OK, as long as you know people will buy(Joshua V Anyone) But going in at the deep end with a PPV event that is being carried by the Eubanks is fucking insanity.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a lot of things and terrible is certainly one of them. Does Charles Bronson @Andre even know who Renold Quinlan is? Quinlan may have stopped Geale quicker than Golovkin but that was after he lost to Golovkin and a 45 year old Cotto. After Cotto and Golovkin the biggest names on Geales record are Darren Barker, (who as much as I loved the guy was only known here in the UK because he was one of a number of equally talented fighters at the same weight who studiously avoided and never fought each other) who he lost to, and Mundine who of course is a big name in Oz and ...well that's it. The Eubanks might be fooling each other by sharing the same Kool aid fountain but it ain't the real thing and you know it. (and no it's not IRn-Bru either).
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It's a lot of things and terrible is certainly one of them. Does Charles Bronson @Andre even know who Renold Quinlan is? Quinlan may have stopped Geale quicker than Golovkin but that was after he lost to Golovkin and a 45 year old Cotto. After Cotto and Golovkin the biggest names on Geales record are Darren Barker, (who as much as I loved the guy was only known here in the UK because he was one of a number of equally talented fighters at the same weight who studiously avoided and never fought each other) who he lost to, and Mundine who of course is a big name in Oz and ...well that's it. The Eubanks might be fooling each other by sharing the same Kool aid fountain but it ain't the real thing and you know it. (and no it's not IRn-Bru either).
    Beanz u r back

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Beanz u r back
    It would seem so. Hi Al.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel like people are misunderstanding me.

I never said it was a good ppv.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

No, but you said it wasn't terrible, which is trying to justify it. Well as a PPV, it is terrible. The matchup is fine , but the fight is no more than a decent undercard fight on a non PPV bill.
    And then you said "perhaps the 1st one should be free", which is a bit of an oxymoron. If it was free it wouldn't be a PPV , it would be just another fight on ITV.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

No, but you said it wasn't terrible, which is trying to justify it. Well as a PPV, it is terrible. The matchup is fine , but the fight is no more than a decent undercard fight on a non PPV bill.
    And then you said "perhaps the 1st one should be free", which is a bit of an oxymoron. If it was free it wouldn't be a PPV , it would be just another fight on ITV.
    Firstly lookup the definition of oxymoron it's brilliantly terrible.

Secondly yes they should show a few free shows and make people see that they have a decent product before charging for it.
    You say tomato,

Thread Information