Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tesla

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TSLA/

Anyone here into or have a Tesla? It is quite amazing what’s going on with the stock. They went from breaking ground on a factory in china to putting out a car in 10 months. That was right before the corona virus so I don’t know how that effected production. It’s valuation is pretty sick regardless. It’s worth more than Ford and Chevy respectively. I have only seen these cars, never sat in one although I’d love to. The stock keeps hitting 900 a share and its had a bitcoin like parabolic run. Crazy yes but I think many people are counting Tesla being the car/stock of the future. It was also the most shorted stock and when it had that crazy run up to 900 the shorts were losing billions a day.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tesla

Reuters) - Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) got approval from a German court on Thursday to continue to cut down forest near the capital Berlin to build its first European car and battery factory, in a defeat for local environmental activists.

The court said in a statement it had rejected urgent applications to stop the land being cleared of trees from several environmental groups, adding its ruling was final. It had temporarily halted the tree felling earlier this month.

The U.S. electric carmaker announced plans last November to build a Gigafactory in Gruenheide in the eastern state of Brandenburg that surrounds Berlin, a decision that was initially lauded as a vote of confidence in Germany.

However, local and national lawmakers were caught out by the strength of opposition to the Gigafactory, with hundreds of demonstrators protesting over what they say is the threat it poses to local wildlife and water supplies.

Lawmakers from Germany's pro-business Christian Democrat and Free Democrat parties had warned that the legal battle waged against the Gigafactory would inflict serious damage on Germany’s image as a place to do business

And the approval of a European gigafactory. Musk is a mad genius

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One day I would love to afford to buy their car.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have looked at these cars they look good, however totally electric has its issues also.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are hiring one for the wedding to take first the bridesmaids and pageboys, and then the Bride and her old man.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    One day I would love to afford to buy their car.
    Well in many areas when you do buy a Tesla you never pay for fuel again. Granted some people do charge at home so there is cost on that. I guess Elon has called a special shareholders meeting where he may announce some massive growth in battery life. It was speculation I know but he really is light years ahead of other EV. He also doesn’t have to compete with himself with ICE like the big auto makers

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what happens to all the lithium? the batteries cost almost as much as a new gas car does, all charging stations charge the battery on fast charge, batteries don't like heat and recharging causes the battery life to shorten over time. fast charge creates heat further damaging the battery life, leading to needing to be charged more frequently
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    what happens to all the lithium? the batteries cost almost as much as a new gas car does, all charging stations charge the battery on fast charge, batteries don't like heat and recharging causes the battery life to shorten over time. fast charge creates heat further damaging the battery life, leading to needing to be charged more frequently
    Look at how ICE evolved. But yes the batteries are very expensive mechanically Tesla’s are much more streamlined than regular cars. Give it 10-20 years and let’s see where the battery tech is at. Tesla’s 900 dollar share price is not based on how it’s doing today, it has yet to have a profitable year.
    Last edited by walrus; 02-24-2020 at 02:45 AM.

Thread Information